Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #41
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I KNOW mine come from being on the computer too much. I get severe eye strain and then on comes the migraine!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #42
Compulsive Stamper

My migraines are definitely hormonal.
But rubber stamping does affect my asthma, I am okay in my craft room but at work the other day we received two large bags of sale stamps and when I opened them to sort them out I started getting allergy like symptoms as I have a latex allergy.
Lisa
Old 11-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #43
Inking Addict

I've been getting migraines now for several years but they're not related to stamping - thank goodness!! Usually they are related either the weather or my allergies and sinuses. I am acutely allergic to mold so when it's damp and warm, that will trigger a migraine for me. If it's sinus and allergy related, I can get relief from flushing out my sinuses with salt water.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #44
Cardstock Collector

HI-
I get pain in the same area, between my shoulders and up my neck. It also helps me when I feel a migraine coming on. My physical therapist has me use a theracane. It's a way you can work those knots out yourself. It's under $25 and it's a lifesaver! It gets me back to what I love a lot quicker!

Teresa

Last edited by 2plus3; 11-15-2008 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: pushed send before I was done writing, oops!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! I expected just a couple of responses....

Very interesting. It does not seem related to stamping. Yeah!!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #46
Glitter Guru

I have back problems and got whiplash from an accident I was in over a year ago - translates into a LOT of tension headaches. Stamping does increase the amount of headaches I get - but it's more b/c of my bad posture when I stamp as I'm usually hunched over coloring something. And obviously stress has it's own contributions!!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #47
Stampin' Fool

I've been stamping for about 6 years. Starting getting migranes Aug 1st of this year. I had a ton of tests done and found out my blood pressure was super high. Now I am on blood pressure meds and my headaches are GONE.

I'm a chemo angel. Click here for more information: https://www.chemoangels.com/
Old 11-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #48
Pearl-ExPert

I have been getting migraines since I was in elementary school. So way before I started stamping/scrapbooking. I think it is interesting if there is a link between creativity and migraines.

They run in our family. My uncle, my dad, me and know my son. I was one of the only females.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #49
Matboard Maniac

I had migraines for two years in the 6th and 7th grade. They started before I ever got my period, but they were on a monthly cycle. I would have them once a month at the end of the month and always before 10 am. As the end of the month got near, if I could make it to 10 am, I was home free for that day. Then one night at around 6 pm about three days after my last headache, I got another one. I was horrified because I thought now I could start getting them any number of times a month at any time of day. However, that was the last migraine I had. However, about a week after my third child was born, I had the aura phenomenon. That was scary...however, I did not get a headache.

My migraines were absolutely awful, always were accompanied by vomiting and lasted for 3 days.

My heart goes out to anyone suffering from them. When I had mine, there weren't any really good medications available. My mom didn't think regular pain relievers would work, so I didn't even get tylenol. However, I do think they would have reduced the pain somewhat, as I know people who take over-the-counter medication for them and experience some relief. Argh! I hate even thinking about it. It's making my head hurt
Old 11-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #50
Compulsive Stamper

Default Stampers and Migraine Headaches

I have had migraine headaches for 30 years. They are triggered by hormones, frustration, neck strain (posture) and being tired. I have been everywhere and done everything to prevent them. I think it is one of the worst afflictions possible and feel for anyone who has them. Stamping is simple joy available to me. I wouldn't say that it is a cause at all.

Janet
Old 11-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #51
Mad Swapper

Migraines run in our family with two of my cousins back in Ireland being the most severely afflicted. Since I've seen them both pass out and spit up blood, mine seem like nothing by comparison.

Mine also seem to be brought on (mainly) by a change in barometric pressure. I am another one who can call a weather change by the throbbing in my head. Doesn't help that I live in Calgary, a city prone to severe weather changes by a chinook wind that blows in over the Rocky Mountains.

BTW, my cousins and sister would declare themselves "not crafty at all", so I'm not sure about the connection between migraines and creativity (and when I'm hit by a migraine, the last thing I'm thinking of is being creative, LOL!)

My pitifully neglected gallery

StampingReckLesley (my pitifully neglected blog)
Old 11-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #52
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

All I can say is that I'm absolutely convinced that everything in our body runs according to hormones and/or vitamin deficits or overloads. When I had my hysterectomy a few years ago due to ovarian cancer, I had just turned 43, I was a new woman the second I woke up from that anesthesia. Now granted I'm still rotten to the core but when I get off kilter, I either blew my diet, didn't exercise enough or need to get on my knees - it's usually the latter. I exercise every single day. I can tell you when it's going to rain 3 days in advance and I'll head to our gym to work those shoulders out rather than take something as that usually works better for me. I'm still trying to figure out this acid reflux thing I've got something wicked but it's been a very stressful 2 years. In June 2006 I had my complete hysterectomy, 6 weeks later we moved to KY, my son got married and stayed in NY, adjustment difficulties from the north to the south (definitely still feeling those), and my husband's job is going to kill both of us as there's an inordinate amount of stress associated with that and if we had known it was going to be this way, I think we would have stayed in NY. But hey, when you've got 5 execs in their $2500 Armani suits telling you what an opportunity this is, it looked pretty darn good at the time. Okay, I'm rambling now.

I stamp as it's a huge stress reliever for me, creative (which I've always been) and instant gratification. I sell it because it supports my habit and it's a bad one. It's addicting.

Now, I really didn't talk too much about headaches though, did I? Sorry about that. Back to the topic, I still believe vitamin and hormones, and sometimes undiagnosed Chiari malformations can cause headaches too, smoking, your vascular status, family history, prescription meds, there's just a whole host of them, especially even mild dehydration will cause a headache, but sinus issues always cause headaches for me. I caught a baseball with my face about a decade ago and need to get that taken care of. If they're going to knock me out to repair a septum, they're repairing my entire face as far as I'm concerned.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #53
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I hadn't heard that, how interesting! I have been suffering from debilitating migraines for years and ended up being treated by a neurologist a few years ago. It worked for awhile, but then it doesn't now so I just learned to sort of tailor it to my daily life. When they get out of hand, I make some changes. But I hadn't noticed any difference with stamping - other than horrible backaches, lol! Something to keep an eye out for ........ very interesting.
DT:  The Project Bin