Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #321
Polyshrink Goddess

It's awsome to see that everyone is doing so well - we may be in the red but we are having fun!!!!!

I try to make something little for everyone at work each holiday - missed Valentine's this year - for Easter I'm going to make sour cream containers filled with jelly beans and green basket shreds out one end! I have 36 to make so I need to start NOW!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:42 PM   #322
Pearl-ExPert

Thats what I am trying to do so that I can get to the black. I bought some green Creame de menthe kisses at Target this afternoon and I plan on making little goodie bag toppers for all my co-workers for St. Paddy's. Just a little suprise for them. I got some cute Shamrock stamps fom last year and some cool designer paper and lots of great ideas from the gallery.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #323
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

Okay, so I have been a stamping fool this weekend. Had a kit to make cards and did my March Christmas cards. Guess I should do something else now. Like clean the stamp room? (Does this mean I have no life? Or is my life stamping?)
Old 02-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #324
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothyjaneView Post
Okay, so I have been a stamping fool this weekend. Had a kit to make cards and did my March Christmas cards. Guess I should do something else now. Like clean the stamp room? (Does this mean I have no life? Or is my life stamping?)
Congratulations! Your'e almost out of the red. I wish I could say the same. But, my SAB order came today, so if I can find the time to play with it, I can slash off some of what that order cost.

How much are most people allotting for altered items? I had the day off so I did an altered frame. I'm thinking I'll give it $2 instead of $1, which I allot for cards. After all, the cost of both the frame and the materials is in my total spent. What do you all think?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #325
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
Congratulations! Your'e almost out of the red. I wish I could say the same. But, my SAB order came today, so if I can find the time to play with it, I can slash off some of what that order cost.

How much are most people allotting for altered items? I had the day off so I did an altered frame. I'm thinking I'll give it $2 instead of $1, which I allot for cards. After all, the cost of both the frame and the materials is in my total spent. What do you all think?
SAB got me as well, but that is the biggest SU order that I will do all year, so I know that I will catch up before too long. I am counting 8 altered items as $20. They take longer and use more supplies.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #326
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Sometimes stamping is just the break I need from life. It's funny, but when I'm really stressed out, I stamp more. It is just a good way for me to relax.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #327
Kookie Creator

Anyone out there? We are on page 9, so I'll bump us back to the top. Anyone been stamping off their SAB $$? I haven't, but I've got my alphabet cut out, which is better than nothing. One great thing i found is http://sheetload.blogspot.com/ I don't know how to make links. Anyway, Alicia provides the recipe to make a stack of card fronts that are super cute, you pick the paper, etc. I plan on using them soon. She has a few threads started, one on General stamping and one in downloads.
God bless.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:11 AM   #328
Kookie Creator

I just edited my sig line last night. I'm finally in the black, BUT I haven't ordered SAB yet.

That will jump my total up about $150. I have a bulk card that I need to make this weekend (30 cards) and I'm hoping to get 3 altered projects done next week. That will help, but it still won't cover SAB!

Hope everyone else is doing better!

I have to say, though, that this challenge has stopped so many impulse purchases. I think that I've saved about $75 so far just stopping to think that I don't want to add it to my sig line! So, I guess this challenge has worked for me after all!

Helen
Old 02-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #329
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by natlholView Post

I have to say, though, that this challenge has stopped so many impulse purchases. I think that I've saved about $75 so far just stopping to think that I don't want to add it to my sig line! So, I guess this challenge has worked for me after all!

Helen

I am with you on the impulse buys. Now I try to weigh out my purchases, knowing I have card club every month. And I work harder to "earn" my spending money...I think I may have made more cards in Jan. and Feb. than I did all year last year, and I am on my way to make a LOT more.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #330
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
Tanya,
Don't ask me why, but I had light box in my head. I can plainly see that you wrote Ott light in your post. I definitely wouldn't count the Ott light.
Now, could I borrow the lamp to see where my brains went?
No worries...I went back and forth on it...do I count it, do I not??? I can't wait to use it...
Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #331
Insane Embellisher

I am back home...yahoo! I was out in CA for 6 1/2 weeks for a family emergency. After a very difficult time in San Diego, I was able to have a nice lil' weekend with my girlfriend in LA before heading home. She took me to this fabulous art supply store...they sell copics and prismacolor pencils~open stock! Oh I had some fun shopping there I am in the red and still haven't made my SAB order. Ah well, I made what cards I could while I was away when I had the time. I should be back to stamping next week
I do have to say it is so wonderful to be home...I missed my hubby and family so much and my dogs, my bed, the snow, my house, my teeny, tiny town with no traffic, and no lines at the store...it's really great to be home!
Have a great weekend ya'll!
Hugs,
Tanya
Old 03-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #332
Kookie Creator

Thought I would bump our thread to the top since no one has posted in about a week. Has everyone been using their SAB goodies? I'm not one for uploading, but I love the scallop set! The only thing I am struggling wtih is coming up a with an Easter card design. ugh.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #333
Insane Embellisher

I'm finally back in the black, but I'm looking with longing at some more Nestabilities, so we'll see how long that lasts. I haven't put in an SAB order, but don't think that I will (gasp!).

Smiles,
Anne
Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #334
Hardware Hotshot

Congratulations on being in the black!! As you can see, I am not. I am glad, however, that it's making me keep track of things. I'm afraid the dollar amount is going to be scary by December!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #335
Kookie Creator

Anyone out there? Is everyone still keeping track and using up those supplies?
Old 03-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #336
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I'm not making much progress....

As you can see by my signature...I'm getting nowhere fast.....

I'm a hobby demo, and placed my quarterly minimum early to take advantage of SAB.....I did get all my stamp sets mounted (gotta love those die cut stamps!)

So, let's see...i had the flu, then we went on vacation. Came back from vacation, and came down with a very bad sinus infection coupled with bronchitis...then i went away again to visit my father in Florida (he is doing great - it's been 3 years since he was treated for stage 4 throat cancer - he is now cancer free AND he actually played 3 holes of golf last month!!!! ).

I had planned to spend this past Saturday making the 10 Easter cards, 3 birthday cards, and 1 bridal shower card I need...but the storms here on the East Coast kept me running outside and picking up things being thrown around by the wind....it was like that scene from the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy is in the tornado.....I did actually take a flashlight and hid in the basement for an hour or so (until DH got home from work!)

I'm hoping to get started tomorrow night.....wish me luck!!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #337
Kookie Creator

I know what you mean. My DH was super sick for two weeks, so I stamped to cheer myself up and keep him company in front of the tv. Hopefully you will get a good start tomorrow night, and finish up all of the cards you need!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:36 AM   #338
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I have already planned a very easy dinner....hope to be in my craft room by 7:30 PM.......I'll update this thread in the morning.

Hope your DH is better!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #339
Hardware Hotshot

Well, CarolC, your totals are similar to mine. I've been working on a new baby card for my nephew and his wife. I finally went out and bought the gift, so I need to finish the card and get to the post office! Now, I unfortunately have two sympathy cards to make. Hopefully I'll get it done this weekend. (My job keeps me busy day and evening on weekdays.)
Old 03-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #340
Polyshrink Goddess

Lynne,

Great Nieces/Nephews are great motivators....I have 4 great neices and 4 great nephews.....they have 'replaced' (lol) my nieces and nephews as the joys of my life....that's who the bulk of the Easter cards are for.....

So, I'm just waiting on DH to get home some we can eat dinner....and then I am off to my crafting space (aka the basement).....

I haven't posted to my gallery in a long time....so I do plan on posting these cards....I really need to get into that habit! I just love the set....A Good Egg.......

I have an idea for the bridal shower card.....I'm hoping that works out.....

Let me know how you make out this weekend!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #341
Insane Embellisher

Carolc1027,
Sounds like you've had a lot on your plate! I hope you are feeling better and over all your sicknesses!
That is wonderful news about your dad! I love to hear success stories when it comes to cancer. I lost my dad a year ago to esphogeal cancer. My step dad has Acute Leukemia, diagnosed 12/20. He was an avid golfer...I know he'd give anything to be out there on the green!
Anyhow...I hope you can get some stamping time in.
Mine's been put on the back burner this year. I got my SAB order on Friday and was able to get around to making 2 cards with my goodies last night...yeah!
Hugs,
Tanya
Old 03-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #342
CBC Lady Violet

As you all can see in my signature, I am currently in the hole, (SAB can sure suck you in! ) but working very hard to get out of it.
I've just finished a type of photo book (made entirely from paper, not an altered book) and I am undecided how to count it. As several cards? Several layouts? An altered item?
The book is approx. 6x6 with about 10 pages total. The book used approximately the following supplies:
6 sheets 12 x 12 CS
10 sheets 8.5 x 11 CS
6 sheets DP
3 feet of ribbon
a few brads, adhesive etc.

Any suggestions for what its worth in my stamp to spend count?
Old 03-14-2008, 04:14 AM   #343
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
As you all can see in my signature, I am currently in the hole, (SAB can sure suck you in! ) but working very hard to get out of it.
I've just finished a type of photo book (made entirely from paper, not an altered book) and I am undecided how to count it. As several cards? Several layouts? An altered item?
The book is approx. 6x6 with about 10 pages total. The book used approximately the following supplies:
6 sheets 12 x 12 CS
10 sheets 8.5 x 11 CS
6 sheets DP
3 feet of ribbon
a few brads, adhesive etc.

Any suggestions for what its worth in my stamp to spend count?

I'm not sure how much $$$ you are counting for altered, layouts, etc., but I would say this book is worth around $20. Is that the range you were thinking of?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:17 AM   #344
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, I'm in! I've been stalking the thread for a while, thinking what great idea it was, but my spending spree of the last month has finally made the decision for me. I SO desperately need to stop spending and start using what I already have.

Thanks for turning my goals into a challenge -- I can never resist challenges !
Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #345
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlazarskiView Post
OK, I'm in! I've been stalking the thread for a while, thinking what great idea it was, but my spending spree of the last month has finally made the decision for me. I SO desperately need to stop spending and start using what I already have.

Welcome! Have fun!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #346
Proud Fan Club Member

Wink stamp to spend

It is helping but the total is still high.....We will see how many cards and layouts I can create during the upcoming Spring Break--with rain and ice predicted........
A second to the sheetload site......I love that thing....I made a group of thankyou cards in nothing flat with it....Have plans to do the same with some of the other designs during the break.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Old 03-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #347
Kookie Creator

You guys are doing awesome! I have a bunch of cards that are "in progress"--after that, hopefully I will boost my $$ to spend total. I have some tools I am itching to buy, and I would love to try the papertrey white paper. I will be in a serious crunch this week getting a ton of Easter cards finished (and mailed--my weakness), but well worth it. Has anyone made their mother's day cards yet?? (Maybe I should try one of those sheetloads....)
Old 03-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #348
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlazarskiView Post

Nice to see you here Jessica! I've found this thread to be SO helpful with my impulse spending. I do need to update my signature though...darn that sale-a-bration! lol...
Old 03-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #349
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mouseView Post
It is helping but the total is still high.....We will see how many cards and layouts I can create during the upcoming Spring Break--with rain and ice predicted........
A second to the sheetload site......I love that thing....I made a group of thankyou cards in nothing flat with it....Have plans to do the same with some of the other designs during the break.

Can you tell me what "sheetload site" is???
Old 03-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #350
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

Woohoo, I am in the black again!!!!!! Yeah.

I would like to know what the sheetload site is as well.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #351
Cupcake Queen

I think I am going to participate I need to be better about using what I have on hand anyway . . . I will update my siggy soon
Old 03-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #352
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda_SewellView Post
I think I am going to participate I need to be better about using what I have on hand anyway . . . I will update my siggy soon
Hi Amanda *waving*...nice to have you here! Um...so...what's the scoop on the tractor Riley??? lol...
Old 03-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #353
Cupcake Queen

Honestly, no idea, I am totally in the dark right now . . . but stamps are on their way to me soon, so soon I might have a clue
Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #354
Insane Embellisher

I can't wait...I'm stalking the website...my daughter is a John Deere fanatic! There's even a line of John Deere Tractors in the background when she's getting her diploma...only in Idaho! lol
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #355
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Woohoo, I am in the black again!!!!!! Yeah.

I would like to know what the sheetload site is as well.
Congratulations on being in the black. I wish that I could say the same.

Now, what is this whole sheetload thing?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #356
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi, I am thinking I seriously need to joint this as well. Will go update my siggy. I think I have been pretty out of control this last year and need to cool it. At least use some of the sets I haven't even opened yet! SO I guess my start date would be today! Thats a good thing. I would be too embarrassed to post my spending.

edited to add, I just saw the exercise one too- Score.....
I need to exercise more than anything else... yippee

MY BLOG
Old 03-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #357
Kookie Creator

Here is a link (I hope) http://sheetload.blogspot.com/ . Not sure if it will "link" but you can copy and paste. It's a neat site. I haven't tried any of the templates yet, but hope to.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 AM   #358
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay - I finished the Easter cards!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! And got one of the birthday cards done (I did make a duplicate - trying to get a stash going for emergencies)......so I updated my signature ....

Decided over the weekend to order a Score-Pal......this is after the Easter cards are folded about 1/8 of an inch off..........

Once I place that order - I'll update my signature line again.....and oh boy....a new quarter is coming with SU......I better get cracking!

How's everyone else doing????
Old 03-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #359
Insane Embellisher

Yeah Carol...Glad to hear you got your Easter Cards done. I'm going to do mine this week
I had a good week (at least in my book). I made 13 cards.
I'm going to update my signature at the end of the month...this way I don't keep asking myself if I added this or that to it. I'm keeping a running tally on my big 'ole desk calendar. I'm going to be so in the red! SAB...ugh!
Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!
Hugs,
Tanya
Old 03-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #360
Proud Fan Club Member

Wink stamp to spend

The sheetload thing is a design but instructions given for how many sheets of paper you need ( CS1, CS2, Cs3, PP1,PP2, and so forth) tells you the cuts to make and you end up with multiples of the card front.......You can create different arrangements using the same size pieces/colors----I love it....I can spend an evening cutting (maybe 3 designs) and then my next worktime I can assemble 20-50 card fronts.....Awesome when I am trying to make sets of cards for possible sale. You choose your own color scheme and so forth...One of the best points for me is that I can use the same design scheme over and over but by changing the papers, come up with totally different sets.......ie,,,I did one design with "male" colors themes and then used the same design,cutting directions and made lovely pastel spring cards.
Use the link posted just above this message a few and you will see what I mean...She gives samples using each one but h onestly,,,the sky is the limit.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating