In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #241
Compulsive Stamper
 
myshelle70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Adirondack Mountains,NY
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
I think I may get a money jar/envelope whatever. If I stick the $20 in there every time I earn it then...
1)It won't feel like such a big chunk out of my wallet if I spend most of it at once. (I'm planning on putting in a big SU! order the 1st of March. New catty, SAB & the Occasions Mini all at once!)
2)If I can only take money from the jar, its pretty hard to overspend.
By mid March at the rate you are going...You'll have enough to host your own Class w/o the class part and get hostess benfits!!!You go girl!!!
__________________
Check out my gallery...https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=139516
Contact me [email protected]
myshelle70 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #242
Polyshrink Goddess
 
cmetelko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr31stamperView Post
Okay, STS friends. Opinions needed (to limit overspending). What is your #1 alphabet set? I have been eyeing the cute outline alpha in the SU! catalog, and there is one that I saw on Julie HRR's blog from A Muse with polkadots, and a cute one on PTI. I don't know about the AMuse mounting, but I don't have anything for acrylic mounting. I almost soley own SU!. Somebody help! I really want to try making the monogram note cards, and need some opinions. Thanks in advance....off to finish some cards to add to that $$.
The PTI ones are very nice and I do love them but you will need a block to stick them to. The blocks are not that expensive and once you have one it's there forever but you might want to consider that expense. Also, depending on "where" you want to stamp it would it be better to see through to line things up or go mounted??? I have both clear/rubber and realize that my pressure must be different to stamp with them. I'm sure my ramblings were just confusing but that's my 2 cents.
__________________
Carla
cmetelko is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #243
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Waiting for the mojo fairy.....
Posts: 55,824
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by myshelle70View Post
By mid March at the rate you are going...You'll have enough to host your own Class w/o the class part and get hostess benfits!!!You go girl!!!
That's what I'm hoping for! I've got to get my stampin space cleaned up this weekend though. No place to stamp until I do!
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #244
Rubber Obsessor
 
aprice522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Warsaw IN
Posts: 168
Default

Okay, so I never posted, but I did my signature, and have been working to catch up on a big purchase I did...took advantage of a 20%off sale for CTMH offered to me and I did a party on my own.

I made cards for my 2 sil and 1 for my mom for christmas, and put them in boxes...oh...I need to add something to my total for those totes I made, anyways...that was a big help to cover my purchase...

I also have decided to have a super small scrap cs area, so I have been on a mission to use up my scraps....I organized them by color family and then started working. I went through and stamped images from EVERY stamp set I own...well, actually a few images from each (I don't have a huge inventory) and then mounted them and used up my scraps. I have about 40 images mounted and ready to be used on a card...just placement, embellish and setiment and I am done....I still have 2 families left to do this with, but had to take a break and move on to some scrapping.

Tonight I went and looked at my 2 baby books...2.5yo and 9m and organized what I need picture wise and what I was going to be needing layouts for.

Then during a DVD movie with my dh, I made 10 layouts for my 2.5yo girl's book. Once her book is caught up to the pictures I have on hand (about 5 more layouts) I will go back and knock out another scrap cardstock session...in the pastels.

Anyways...I am feeling good that I am almost in the black right now. ONly a little more to go. I think I might be able to hit that before the end of the weekend. Wish me luck!....then I will be finishing a ton more stuff, cause I have a wicked long wish list!
Take care and thank you for helping me be accountable and kick me in the rear to get going on all those things I love to do....but with the 2.5yo and 9m old...get pushed aside to commonly.
__________________
Angie --
Check out My BLOG
aprice522 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #245
Polyshrink Goddess
 
cmetelko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 515
Default

Aprice522 - I'm just impressed that you've got some scraps organized! Keep up the good work.
__________________
Carla
cmetelko is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #246
Pearl-ExPert
 
pammers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,894
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprice522View Post
Anyways...I am feeling good that I am almost in the black right now. ONly a little more to go. I think I might be able to hit that before the end of the weekend. Wish me luck!....then I will be finishing a ton more stuff, cause I have a wicked long wish list!
Take care and thank you for helping me be accountable and kick me in the rear to get going on all those things I love to do....but with the 2.5yo and 9m old...get pushed aside to commonly.
Wow! You should feel good! You have accomplished quite a bit for it being so early in the year! Congrats are in order! I am a little behind on my spending as well but decided to splurge on some Prismacolor pencils, then I needed the Gamsol stuff, then I needed the stub thingys...but it is pretty cool. I think I'm liking this method of coloring.

Anyhow...aprice522...keep up the good work!
__________________
...I'm just meandering through life; trying to have some fun along the way!!!
pammers is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #247
Hardware Hotshot
 
lynnewithane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,637
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprice522View Post
Okay, so I never posted, but I did my signature, and have been working to catch up on a big purchase I did...took advantage of a 20%off sale for CTMH offered to me and I did a party on my own.

I made cards for my 2 sil and 1 for my mom for christmas, and put them in boxes...oh...I need to add something to my total for those totes I made, anyways...that was a big help to cover my purchase...

I also have decided to have a super small scrap cs area, so I have been on a mission to use up my scraps....I organized them by color family and then started working. I went through and stamped images from EVERY stamp set I own...well, actually a few images from each (I don't have a huge inventory) and then mounted them and used up my scraps. I have about 40 images mounted and ready to be used on a card...just placement, embellish and setiment and I am done....I still have 2 families left to do this with, but had to take a break and move on to some scrapping.

Tonight I went and looked at my 2 baby books...2.5yo and 9m and organized what I need picture wise and what I was going to be needing layouts for.

Then during a DVD movie with my dh, I made 10 layouts for my 2.5yo girl's book. Once her book is caught up to the pictures I have on hand (about 5 more layouts) I will go back and knock out another scrap cardstock session...in the pastels.

Anyways...I am feeling good that I am almost in the black right now. ONly a little more to go. I think I might be able to hit that before the end of the weekend. Wish me luck!....then I will be finishing a ton more stuff, cause I have a wicked long wish list!
Take care and thank you for helping me be accountable and kick me in the rear to get going on all those things I love to do....but with the 2.5yo and 9m old...get pushed aside to commonly.

Wow, you are an inspiration!!!! Maybe I will start trying to do that. I never know what I want to do to start a card anyway. So, if I prestamp some images, that can serve as inspiration. Thanks for the thoughts, and congratulations on all of your accomplishments!
lynnewithane is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:13 PM   #248
Matboard Maniac
 
Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Republic of Congo
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr31stamperView Post
Okay, STS friends. Opinions needed (to limit overspending). What is your #1 alphabet set? I have been eyeing the cute outline alpha in the SU! catalog, and there is one that I saw on Julie HRR's blog from A Muse with polkadots, and a cute one on PTI. I don't know about the AMuse mounting, but I don't have anything for acrylic mounting. I almost soley own SU!. Somebody help! I really want to try making the monogram note cards, and need some opinions. Thanks in advance....off to finish some cards to add to that $$.
I have both, and I would go with the acrylic. You would have to buy a few blocks to start with, but overall the acrylic are less expensive. You would save in the long run. The wood mounted ones cost quite a bit more. I still have most of my SU alphabets (quite a few sets that I have collected over the years), but I tend to use the newer alphabets the most. With acrylics, you have a chance to buy more variety for less of an investment.
As far as non-financial advice, buy what you think you would use the most. I tend to use acrylic more, b/c they take up less space. They are easier to take somewhere with you, or to keep accessible at home. Plus, it is easier to see the placement, which I think you will appreciate.
HTH
__________________
Anna
Montana is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #249
Mad Swapper
 
karcher70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pennsyltuckey
Posts: 1,580
Default

I went to a crop yesterday and did 11 2-page layouts from my Disney trip (and the book is only half done)....woo hoo!
__________________
{just another andrea}
..::SU Demo!::..
The Blog: SupercraftyGirl
karcher70 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #250
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,178
Default

Wow everyone is still going strong! I lost track of what I have done, but I have done a lot. I think I am still on track. I have decided to set a monthly budget rather than keep track of everything. Have fun all!
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #251
Pearl-ExPert
 
saffivort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 2,522
Smile Latest Update

After doing nearly all the VSN challenges this weekend I'm slowly catching up on my spending I think.

So far this month I've made:
28 valentines cards
4 thank you cards
2 drop spine boxes = 6 cards in stash
14 of the VSN challenges
6 little peekaboo boxes to store my eyelets in in the different colors and a little box to put them all in (i got 6 of the peekaboo boxes in really neatly as well!) = 6 pieces of cardstock so 4 cards??

so 56 cards in total!! Wow that's a lot of stamping and stash using. That's a total amount of $91.40 or about 46 and I know I've spent more than that as I finally succumbed to the cuttlebug trend after nearly dropping my sizzix on my foot and denting a tin instead and that was $100 on its own over here.

Better get making some more cards then!!

Vannessa xx
__________________
Come visit me here

Last edited by saffivort; 01-21-2008 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: ETA: wrong exchange rate!! I was doubling rather than halving!!
saffivort is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #252
Matboard Maniac
 
Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Republic of Congo
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by karcher70View Post
I went to a crop yesterday and did 11 2-page layouts from my Disney trip (and the book is only half done)....woo hoo!
Wow! That's a lot to accomplish in one day. How long did it take you?
I have my 9x9 scrapbook of our trip to FL including Disney, and I can't seem to get motivated to go on it. I think it would help if there was any one around I could scrap with.
__________________
Anna
Montana is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #253
Matboard Maniac
 
Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Republic of Congo
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by saffivortView Post
After doing nearly all the VSN challenges this weekend I'm slowly catching up on my spending I think.

So far this month I've made:
28 valentines cards
4 thank you cards
2 drop spine boxes = 6 cards in stash
14 of the VSN challenges
6 little peekaboo boxes to store my eyelets in in the different colors and a little box to put them all in (i got 6 of the peekaboo boxes in really neatly as well!) = 6 pieces of cardstock so 4 cards??

so 56 cards in total!! Wow that's a lot of stamping and stash using. That's a total amount of $91.40 or about 46 and I know I've spent more than that as I finally succumbed to the cuttlebug trend after nearly dropping my sizzix on my foot and denting a tin instead and that was $100 on its own over here.

Better get making some more cards then!!

Vannessa xx
You've been busy, and you are very good at keeping track of what you have made. So far mine have been all cards, and one altered item. I am too lazy to figure out percentages, so I just wait until I have $20 worth and then add it in. I have big plans to do Target mailboxes and Hershey's nuggets for Valentines day, but I have yet to start.

By the way... What are drop spine boxes?
__________________
Anna
Montana is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 AM   #254
Kookie Creator
 
Pr31stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 462
Default

Thanks for the tips on the alphabet. I have been leaning toward the clear, specifically because I get so mad when I stamp crooked. Do I need to buy some kind of adhesive or sticky stuff too? TIA!
__________________
Victoria
STS: 20 cards/7 altered items=$20. ETS: 10 minutes=$1
Cards=503::$503 earned, $417 spent (86 left). Exercise=932::$93 earned.
Pr31stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 AM   #255
ALWAYS has a P L A N
 
mollymoo951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Posts: 33,318
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr31stamperView Post
Thanks for the tips on the alphabet. I have been leaning toward the clear, specifically because I get so mad when I stamp crooked. Do I need to buy some kind of adhesive or sticky stuff too? TIA!
No - not for clear stamps. For clear stamps, all ya need is an acrylic block.
__________________
Melissa
COW PIES...everything we create is Moo-valous

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

mollymoo951 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #256
Hardware Hotshot
 
lynnewithane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,637
Default

Okay, I was really proud of myself. I drove right past AC Moore the other day. I even had a coupon in the car, and I didn't stop!
Unfortunately, I checked out the clearance at Michael's yesterday. I bought some stuff to alter, and a new set of blades for my paper cutter. Does that count? If so, I have to add $17 to my total spent.
I need to earn money for Sale a Bration!!!
lynnewithane is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #257
Kookie Creator
 
natlhol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 364
Default

I just finished 2 more double page layouts and 2 cards. Yippee! Trying to get enough to justify my $150 when SAB comes out. I'm one third of the way there!

2 questions:

What are drop spine boxes?

How much would you count a digi scrapbook page as? I bought the digi elements for it last fall, but I'm hoping to get started on it this week.

TIA, Helen
natlhol is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #258
Mad Swapper
 
karcher70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pennsyltuckey
Posts: 1,580
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontanaView Post
Wow! That's a lot to accomplish in one day. How long did it take you?
We were at the crop for about 5 hours. I spent about 2 hours the night before laying the entire book (about 30 or so 2-page layouts) in my Creative Memories Power Layout box. Man, that really helped speed things up a lot! The only thing I had to do at the crop was trim the pictures and adhere everything!

I do have to admit though, my scrapbook pages are rather simple....for me, my scrapbooks are more about the pics (I always have at least 4 or 5 on a single page) and all the journaling to go with it! I'm definitely not a 1 pic on a page with lots and lots of embellishment type scrapper. That probably helps me a lot in the speed dept. too!
__________________
{just another andrea}
..::SU Demo!::..
The Blog: SupercraftyGirl
karcher70 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #259
Polyshrink Goddess
 
traceteach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Holding my baby boy, Siler, born 9/16/08
Posts: 509
Default

Ok...I've taken the plunge and added this challenge to my signature line. I am doing well so far...BUT...as soon as SAB starts, I'll be in the red! Oh well! I'll do what I can!
__________________
If you let your fears keep you from flying, you will never reach your height
~India.Arie
traceteach is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #260
Kookie Creator
 
natlhol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 364
Default

Ok, 48 simple bag toppers = 6 cards?

What do you think?

They have stickers and stamps. Super simple. Used 6 full sheets of paper to make them.

H
natlhol is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #261
Kookie Creator
 
Pr31stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 462
Default

I say at least 12 cards worth, if you figure two cards per sheet of CS. Just my two cents.
__________________
Victoria
STS: 20 cards/7 altered items=$20. ETS: 10 minutes=$1
Cards=503::$503 earned, $417 spent (86 left). Exercise=932::$93 earned.
Pr31stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:29 AM   #262
Kookie Creator
 
natlhol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr31stamperView Post
I say at least 12 cards worth, if you figure two cards per sheet of CS. Just my two cents.
I like the way you think better than the way I think!

12 cards it is! Cha-ching! More money to my SAB goal of $150 before Feb 1.

Thanks!
natlhol is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #263
Matboard Maniac
 
Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Republic of Congo
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceteachView Post
Ok...I've taken the plunge and added this challenge to my signature line. I am doing well so far...BUT...as soon as SAB starts, I'll be in the red! Oh well! I'll do what I can!
I'm right there with you on that. I have my list that I have been saving for SAB so that I can get the extra sets for free. Look out Feb 1!
__________________
Anna
Montana is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #264
Matboard Maniac
 
Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Republic of Congo
Posts: 238
Default

I made some more cards and lots of address labels for nuggets. I am counting 10 labels=1card. I am planning to make lots more cards this weekend, as our church is doing 22 boxes for college students and military.
__________________
Anna
Montana is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #265
Kookie Creator
 
Pr31stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 462
Default

First, Montana--Way to go! You have some serious moolah to spend. Now may I direct your attention to the {leaked} spring mini. There are a few cute things; not a ton of stuff that is my style, but I can see stuff others will love. mmm, I don't know the link though. sorry. (try the 1st pg of the general stamp talk.)
__________________
Victoria
STS: 20 cards/7 altered items=$20. ETS: 10 minutes=$1
Cards=503::$503 earned, $417 spent (86 left). Exercise=932::$93 earned.
Pr31stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #266
ALWAYS has a P L A N
 
mollymoo951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Posts: 33,318
Default

Oh gosh - I need to update my ummm spending. SHHHH! I've been creating too. Need to update that as well.
__________________
Melissa
COW PIES...everything we create is Moo-valous

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

mollymoo951 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:34 AM   #267
Polyshrink Goddess
 
traceteach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Holding my baby boy, Siler, born 9/16/08
Posts: 509
Default

OK...I have a question for you all. I judged a pageant last night and made $100. Do I get to spend that as if it were gift card money, and thus not have to count it toward my 'spent' money. It is kind of like free money as I have a regular job and normally always just use that as 'me' money...You know things I've been thinking...ooo I'd like that, but I don't wanna spend the $, so I'll wait. Oh PLEASE tell me I can use this as free money!!!
__________________
If you let your fears keep you from flying, you will never reach your height
~India.Arie
traceteach is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 AM   #268
Hardware Hotshot
 
lynnewithane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,637
Default

I would say it's free money. Maybe spend half, and bank the other half.
lynnewithane is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #269
Polyshrink Goddess
 
cmetelko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 515
Default

Free Money! It's a little unexpected extra that came in so have fun!
__________________
Carla
cmetelko is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #270
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Waiting for the mojo fairy.....
Posts: 55,824
Default

I vote free money too! Have fun
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #271
Insane Embellisher
 
orangegymnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 769
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' AdventurerView Post
This is a great idea! I plan on trying it.
Ok...so I've seen the lil' doohickie on Montana's signature forever and I finally clicked on it to see what the heck she's talking about. What a great idea this is. I really like yours though...about the exercising!!! I'll have to start next month. I've already spent some money on supplies this month and I'm not sure how many cards I've made...I know I'd have to make at least 45 or more for what I've already spent! I do have an excuse though, I promise!
__________________
....~Tanya~.... My Blog 
orangegymnut is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #272
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
LuvLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On My Mountain!!!
Posts: 58,252
Default

COOOOOL!!! Thanks mollymoo for directing me here.........I think this will be a fun challenge and one my dh will love!! I'll get my rear in gear!!
__________________
~~ Lee ~~
LuvLee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #273
Matboard Maniac
 
Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Republic of Congo
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceteachView Post
OK...I have a question for you all. I judged a pageant last night and made $100. Do I get to spend that as if it were gift card money, and thus not have to count it toward my 'spent' money. It is kind of like free money as I have a regular job and normally always just use that as 'me' money...You know things I've been thinking...ooo I'd like that, but I don't wanna spend the $, so I'll wait. Oh PLEASE tell me I can use this as free money!!!
I would say free money, but then I am always looking for excuses (such as... those mini-composition books are really office supplies, so of course, they don't count )
__________________
Anna
Montana is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:29 AM   #274
ALWAYS has a P L A N
 
mollymoo951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.
Posts: 33,318
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceteachView Post
OK...I have a question for you all. I judged a pageant last night and made $100. Do I get to spend that as if it were gift card money, and thus not have to count it toward my 'spent' money. It is kind of like free money as I have a regular job and normally always just use that as 'me' money...You know things I've been thinking...ooo I'd like that, but I don't wanna spend the $, so I'll wait. Oh PLEASE tell me I can use this as free money!!!
Another vote for free money!
__________________
Melissa
COW PIES...everything we create is Moo-valous

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

mollymoo951 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #275
Insane Embellisher
 
orangegymnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 769
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
I think I may get a money jar/envelope whatever. If I stick the $20 in there every time I earn it then...
1)It won't feel like such a big chunk out of my wallet if I spend most of it at once. (I'm planning on putting in a big SU! order the 1st of March. New catty, SAB & the Occasions Mini all at once!)
2)If I can only take money from the jar, its pretty hard to overspend.
I really like your ideas. I think I'm going to go this route...I may even put off my SU order until March too
__________________
....~Tanya~.... My Blog 
orangegymnut is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #276
Insane Embellisher
 
orangegymnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 769
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by natlholView Post
I have fibro, too. It's hard to get moving when you feel like screaming. Personally, I think $7.50 isn't enough!

I wish you the best of luck.

H

PS: I've bought that book and dvd but never used it. I'd love to know how it goes for you.
Me too! Diagnosed in May. Ya'll are the first people I "know" other than myself that have it. I've never heard of it until the rheumatologist told me I had it...I was like, "huh? I have what? What's that???"
__________________
....~Tanya~.... My Blog 
orangegymnut is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #277
Mad Swapper
 
karcher70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pennsyltuckey
Posts: 1,580
Default

My Disney book is officially finished. I think I broke my record for the fastest scrapbook ever!

I've also decided to give myself a $1 for each day I follow my Flylady routine... ding! A dollar goes in the bucket for today!
__________________
{just another andrea}
..::SU Demo!::..
The Blog: SupercraftyGirl
karcher70 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #278
Polyshrink Goddess
 
rixey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: where ever the USMC sends us...
Posts: 529
Default

I am sooo in love with this challenge! I just placed an order at Eclectic Paperie and for the first time, I don't feel even a little guilty! But now it's time to get back to work and earn some more moola!
rixey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #279
Insane Embellisher
 
dorothyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 913
Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane
Default

Okay, well I was doing really well - making cards, not spending. HeeHee Until 2/1 when Sellabration started. So now I am in debt $123 over what I earned. Guess I need to get really busy. But I signed up for two swaps and I needed the stamp sets to make them, right and I had to meet my quota for the quarter and what other excuses can I use? Oh there are the Sellabration sets I got for free. And my new SS is going to need something. I think I have the excuses covered for now.

(Oh and I did not update my data in the signature line yet)
dorothyjane is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #280
Hardware Hotshot
 
lynnewithane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,637
Default

Yes, SAB is going to be a killer! I am almost out of the red, but I have a $150 order ready. I guess I need to get down to business!
lynnewithane is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off