Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default # of stamp sets

Hi! I was just wondering apprimately how many stamp sets eveyone has? I have about 100. Is this abnormal? Do I need the 12 step program? LOL.
Just wondering...

Sue
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2004, 05:40 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Default Re: # of stamp sets

[quote="stampinalot"]Hi! I was just wondering apprimately how many stamp sets eveyone has? I have about 100. Is this abnormal? Do I need the 12 step program? LOL.
Just wondering...quote]

As in "if I'm 12 steps away from my stamps I hurry back!" :lol:

I only have 36. But I've gotten them all since October. I signed as a demo in January... :-)

Stampin' Up! demonstrator with a website!

What Can Lightbulb Do For You?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2004, 05:57 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm sorry, but I consider this classified information, only given out on a need to know basis! Since, I don't know & don't care to admit to anything, then I guess no one needs to know; esp. DH. Although, he's not a moron, but I guess neither one of us want to face the reality of a real #. He'd be forced to feel compelled to say something like, "Since you can't possibly stamp w/ ALL of those, perhaps you could see your way to selling a few...?" And I might actually feel a little guilty, shocked, apalled at my gluttony. Really, ignorance IS bliss!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2004, 06:24 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

I haven't counted. I am scared. Don't want to seem compulsive. LOL
But you might have seen the picture of my cabinet in stamping spaces. And that is completely outdated. It has grown a smaller cabinet on top of it and they are both filled. I think stamp sets are related to rabbits. LOL
So we do not want to disturb them by counting them. LOL

Hugs and smiles.

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2004, 06:38 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Yeah, I don't DARE count mine either. On another board, about a year ago, they had a poll like this, and some people had hundreds. That doesn't make me feel so bad! I don't want to count them,b/c like Beate, it IS scary. And like Juddac said, I might actually feel guilty. And it IS classified information! :lol:

And as far as I can tell, any stamper who's a stamper (and I mean more than just makes a card here and there for special occasions) has the same "issue." So, we shouldn't feel bad, it's an occupational hazard (as in the hobby that occupies our time is a hazard!) :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2004, 06:48 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I have 45 plus 2 double alphabet sets and the number sets that match. I have got the majority of them since this last September when we moved. I had no room before!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2004, 10:14 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I was curious so I counted...45 just of Stampin' Up. Then I have lots that aren't Stampin' Up too.

I was in a local stamp shop with my mother on the weekend and she was having trouble picking a particular stamp because she wasn't sure if she had a similar stamp at home or not. The lady in the store suggested stamping all her stamps on a piece of paper and keeping it with her so she knows what she has. My mom thought that was a great idea...and in theory it is. But A piece of paper??? NOT possible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 03:13 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Stamp Sets

I counted the other day and I had nearly 90 sets. It is very scary. If someone would have asked and I wouldn't have counted, I would have guessed I had around 40 sets. YIKES!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 03:46 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Default # of stamp sets

Am I rolling my eyes. Whew! I was introduced to SU over 7 years ago. Not a demo person and have kept all I've gotten. Then I side stepped to some other stamps occasionally and they grew. I think when I was sleeping some of them had babies. Really :shock: I have mine on long shelves with white labels to see name of stamp set on them easily. Then those single ones on an angle geeeez

Life is fun! Life is stressful! I need stamping to enjoy life and have less stress. No counting of stamps here. I've been the the 12 step program and then the new SU cattie came out. Blew it all. grammie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 03:56 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

I don't think I even want to count. I am due to have baby #2 in September so I am losing my craft room . At least it is for a good cause... and we are hoping to move soon. Back to the subject... I now have to find space somewhere for all of my stamp sets... yikes. I do think though that whatever number I have it is not nearly enough!!! Am I right girls?? :lol:
Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 04:15 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Default # of stamp sets!

I have about 40 in a cabinet that I can readily access and about 60 more in a closet in my craft room. My hubby thinks the 40 that I have out is all I own and think I am a good girl for not wanting them all :P

ChiChi
San Antonio, TX
http://creativeangels.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 04:50 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

38 sets, but I just ordered a couple more sets yesterday (they're retiring, you know!!). Plus some other stamps that I don't seem to use much anymore...

No, I am not a demo. Yes, I have an addiction!! LOL At least it's a healthy one!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 05:21 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My FIL built some awesome custom shelves for my office/stamping space at home since the stamps, when placed in too close quarters DO multiply, were taking over the bookshelf and desk I first used. Plus, we wanted a more presentable place for when company came over.

It's neat to see them all, but I sure am having second thoughts on the open shelves! So much nicer to close the door, and not see anyone counting, including myself! I refuse to count! As long as my kids and husband are fed and clothed (in clean, ironed clothes, no less), the mortgage and other important things are taken care of. . . . I can have as many as I want!

Have a great day!
Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 05:33 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

I agree with Jenn. As long as there's food on the table, clean clothes in the dressers and an appearence of order who has to know. Besides, if I count them then I'll have to really admit that I have a problem with addiction. I don't need therapy, you guys are my therapy! SCS has very significant theraputic benefits and that's why I need to come here so often! Okay, I'm done. Now I'll go and count! :lol:
To stamp is to live! ---Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 05:48 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Good Morning Stampers,

I wouldn't dare count my stamp sets because I'm affraid my husband might see the number in print... All I know is that I can find any set that I'm looking for when I need it and I am really looking forward to the new catalog because I know I will have room for more. I have thought about getting rid of a few of my retired sets but, I just can't do it yet!

Have a Great Memorial Day Weekend!
Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 06:04 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

After reading all of these funny replies I just had to add mine. I'm not a demo and have only been stamping since January. I counted and I have 26 sets and 2 more I just ordered. My hubby has helped me set up my own little place here in the computer room with a desk, shelves and an extra table for my DIL and friends to join in the fun. Several ladies at church stamp and we are in the process of a "Swap" right now. I've met several wonderful ladies on SCS that have been so kind to share ideas and give great prices on their old and unused sets. Thanks for being a fun and interesting site to visit. As many of you are long time stampers I look forward to a long and enjoyable life of stamping.

Neppie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 07:29 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

LOL...I must be the runt of the litter here because I started stamping in Feb. of 2003 (first set ever was A Tree For All Seasons) and have about 25-30 sets and *one* wheel...LOL....The wheel I actually won too. I have been slow at building my collection of everything! I am sure if I were a demo (which I have not written off completely yet ) I be in a much more advanced stage of stamp set supply. It's hard because I want them all!!!!!!!!!

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #18  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,035 Likes on 476 Posts

**Classified - Top Secret**
*Need To Know Access Only**
I can't believe it. I just counted mine again. Just a few months ago, I emailed a friend that "I can't believe I have 85 stamp sets, where did they all come from?" I think you're all correct, they must multiply in that closet, because now there's 94. Of course, after last night's workshop I hosted, I have three more on the way! You know what that means...I must order three more soon, or else I won't have an even number. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Default nuber os sets

I think you are absolutely right Jenn -- They DO multiply! I have alot and thats just the right amount! Hahaha :lol:

Kathie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 10:08 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Number of Stamp Sets!?

Are you kidding? I would absolutely NEVER post that information on here for the whole world to see. Anyone would have access to that information (including my DH). Well, he does see the stacks an stacks and stacks of them on my shelving, but. . . he never notices just one more this week, one more next week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I have about 75 or so, I believe...and about 40 wheels.

An addiction? Yes...but one I'm glad to have!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 08:21 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default OH MY!

I had to check mine out when I saw this post! I did not imagine that I had over 40 sets. In less than a year (10 months to be exact) I have collected 40+ stamp sets, several individuals, all the new ink pads minus a couple colors still left to get, all the markers, pencils and at least 400 sheets of paper! NOW all I have to do is make some cards!!! LOL just kidding :lol: And to think I thought stamping your own cards was crazy when you had so many options right down the street!!! I have several more to get from the summer mini and the retired sets before they are gone so before my year is up I will have over 50 easily!! And I am not a demo YET! Those of you who are not counting remind me of my good friend that showed me her hand stamped cards and I fell in love. She must have hundreds!!! Bless her little heart :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 08:47 AM   #23  
Failed Lurker

Default where DO they all come from?

Thought you'd all feel sorry for me because I only have around a dozen sets... BUT I just did a count and discovered I actually have 20! :o PLUS 5 wheels. Not a lot, I know, but it keeps me busy and there are STILL some sets I haven't used yet. Fave set? In The Wild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 09:33 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

I just moved, so I know how many I have!!!! 96!!! :shock:

My husband would probably croak if he knew how much $ was sitting in my closet!!!! :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 09:36 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I've been reading all the posts and noticed that many of you have around 40 sets or so. Forty sets sounded about right for me, too. I've never actually counted all my sets because my DH has asked on occasion, "Just how many stamps do you have?" Well, let me tell you ignorance is bliss. I just got back from counting them and *gasp* I have a little over 100 sets! :shock: If my DH ever reads this, I can point out that some people have so many, they can't even count them!

Yvette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 09:45 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Oh geez... I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that I'm close to between 30 and 40... and I just signed up in March. Shhhhh - don't tell my husband!!

I like Jenn's theory... As long as everything is taken care of... have as many as you want!! Luckily, My DH feels that way, for the most part. He doesn't mind that I keep accumulating..though I'm not sure if he really pays attention to what they cost, either. Hmm...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #27  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I AM NOT counting!! I am not a demo but do have a love for stamps... I only have Stampin Up stamps too! I do have 2 huge rubbermaid drawers stuffed so full they don't close to well, need to find something for my markers, eyelets, envelopes etc. to can use that 3rd drawer for more stamps... hehhehehee hubby didn't think so..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 11:48 AM   #28  

Oh, and speaking of "too many stamps to fit in a drawer...." I was watching the show on TLC called "Clean Sweep" recently. There was a woman who had an extra room and had so much stuff in it, she couldn't do any crafts. I noticed when they were putting it all back together, she had Stampin Up pads and stamp sets, and they even organized it all for her! I don't think I would trust anyone else but my husband and I to organize it all....even the scraps should be saved for future use and I bet they'd toss them! But it was really cool to see another person bursting with stamp stuff, and all Stampin Up to boot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 12:23 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I said to myself, I am sure I have the average....40 or so. So I became curious...I have 73! :shock: (plus 7 wheels) I have been stamping for five years, am not a demo, but am pretty good at selling the sets I never use. I sold about 10 sets over the past month or so. I am surprised that I have so many, but I do use them all. I am limited by space...I stamp in a walk-in closet...so I only have so much room...maybe that is a blessing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #30  
Inking Addict

I love all the replies....it's great to know I am not alone. I know I am addicted and sad to say that I have 58 stamp sets that are retiring and that's maybe a 1/4 of SU stamp sets I have but whose counting....not me! I love my stamp sets and can't get rid of one of them since I started almost 3 years ago. I actually have stamp sets that I haven't even stamped with yet, but I know I will. You never know when you might need a stamp for the perfect card or scrapbook page.

My husband is a trophy hunter and spends tons of money for the possibility of getting the BIG one. When the boxes first started arriving he said "Hmmm this must be getting expensive" and I gently reminded him that this was my "hunting" habit and not another word has ever been said.

Can't wait to get more................Happy Stamping, Rebecca :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 03:25 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Default how many stamps and growing

today I received 2 discontinued stamps an a couple other sets. Now mind you my hubby thinks that I used money that was for a class to purchase them. You see I have been unable to attend any classes for awhile. Now it is a good think he doesn't open the box and see the form with the $$ on them. I love reading about how many stamps you all have. Now as I said mine just have babies. hugs to all grammie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Default # of stamp sets

After reading all of your funny replies I thought, how many sets could I possibly have? I've only been stamping since last summer. The grand total is 85 and of them 18 are still unmounted. Luckily there are only a small handful of retiring sets that I want to order. I can't wait to see the new catalog at convention!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #33  
Mad Swapper

After reading all the replies, I started wondering how many stamps I have. After much counting, the final total of SU! sets is (drum roll) 290 sets, 18 background and single stamps and 65 wheels. :oops: This includes retired sets too.

OMG! I have 2 more sets and a roller on order! :?

Now I know why I'm always running out of storage space. Go figure

Deana
SU! Demo in Sioux Falls, SD

"What am I doing here, when I could be stamping?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2004, 03:25 PM   #34  

Oh, great, now I"ve got stamp envy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2004, 04:06 PM   #35  
Kookie Creator

Default How many stamps

whooooow Deana :shock: now that tops most of us for sure :shock: You go girl fill that room. grammie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2004, 05:49 PM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

I think I have about 24 sets (only because some of mine are at my MIL's house) and 3 wheels.

wife to Michael, Mother to 3 beautiful girls-Jordan, Emery, & Leah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2004, 10:31 PM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

I have no shame is admitting that I have 103 sets (used to have more but recently sold about 20 sets) and I'm not even a demonstrator nor have I ever been a demonstrator. My demonstrator laughs and tells me I should become one to support my habit and to save some $$. The way I see it is, I make custom cards that I send to friends and family and they claim to LOVE them so how can it be a waste of money when I am making others smile? I figure I need to buy more so I can continue to brighten the days of those I care about! How's that for coming up with a reason to spend more on stamps (and right before the new catalogue comes out, what timing!)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 11:38 AM   #38  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

My husband is a trophy hunter and spends tons of money for the possibility of getting the BIG one. When the boxes first started arriving he said "Hmmm this must be getting expensive" and I gently reminded him that this was my "hunting" habit and not another word has ever been said.
My DH has purchased abour four sets of golf clubs and various individual clubs, then there are the golf weekends, not to mention the at least once a week game starting at 25.00 a game. At my almost 110 sets I am still about 500 sets shy of matching him $ for $ in his hobby. I do not have any unmounted because I brought them on vacation and mounted them while he golfed!! :P
-Diana

[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes