Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2004, 08:58 AM   #1
Kookie Creator

Default Stamp for a Cure Fundraiser

I also posted on demo forum - just wanted to get some imput before I propose this idea to my upline.
Thanks in advance.
Sheila

Get a room donated or reduced rent for a fundraiser or benefit

Mall
Church
Hotel
Restaurant

Get 20-30 demonstrators together
Each demonstrator donates $20
Each demonstrator brings a dish to share for 10 guests or more
Each demonstrator brings a shoebox swap for 30 people or so
Each demonstrator invites all of her customers to the event

5 of the above demonstrators can do technique demonstrations

Customers pay $10 for 5 cards
If they want to do more cards they can purchase tickets for $1 for each extra card they would like to make.
Price also includes snacks

All money collected minus credit card fees and room rental gets donated to a breast cancer research.

Advertise by e-mail, Public Service Announcements, flyers, direct mail to our customers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #2
Insane Embellisher

There are many community centers that will donate facilities free for organizations that help the community.

Cindy
Old 09-11-2004, 05:46 PM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess

That would be a neat fundraiser! I would come!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:40 AM   #4
Glitter Guru

I am doing a STAMP out Breast Cancer fundraiser in October - I am not a demo just doing it as an alternative to holding a party (I am in a Stamp club and Oct is my hostess month) - anyway I sent out invitations via E-vite and this is what i wrote.

I am supplying all the materials (with the help of my demo thowing in a few things free of charge) and I will have 3 stations set up - one for making cards - 2 per person (will have 3-4 designs they can do with everything all cut and ready to go), 1 for making glass marble magnets - 2 per person and one for doing some sort of gift bag/box/magazine holder (if I get to Ikea) using a rollerwheel.

Here is my invitation I sent out to people...
Please join me in a Girl’s Night Out to help STAMP out Breast Cancer

In addition to a chance to get out of the house and enjoy some refreshing adult conversation we will be doing some fun make and take creative craft items using materials (stamps, cardstock and other goodies) from Stampin’ Up. Decorate a gift bag for the holidays, make a card or 2 to send to a friend or family member, explore your inner creativity and make some glass marble magnets. Any or all of these projects will be available for you to participate in. Also I will have the new “ The Hope is….? stamp set from Stampin’ Up, an exclusive four-image stamp set available for purchase only during October. The Hope Is . . . set will sell for $17.95, and $2.00 from the sale of each set will be donated to the Huntsman Cancer Institute, a renowned cancer research facility. For those that have never heard of Stampin’ Up, the company offers an exclusive line of decorative stamp sets and accessories for home décor, greeting cards, craft projects and scrapbooking. More information can be found at http://www.stampinup.com

In lieu of a supply fee I am requesting a small monetary donation. All donations will be combined to make a donation to the National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund

Since 1991, The National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund (NBCCF) has worked to educate and train individuals to be effective activists and to influence the public policies that affect breast cancer research and treatment. They also work to increase access for all women to high quality treatment and care. The NBCCF conducts a wide range of educational and training programs on breast cancer. Project LEAD is one of the NBCCF's many programs. Project LEAD is a science course for breast cancer advocates, the program trains advocates to critically analyze breast cancer research and influence research committees and other breast cancer decision-making bodies. Another program, Beyond the Headlines provides in-depth analyses of complex breast cancer news for breast cancer advocates, the media, policy-makers and the public. More information can be found at http://www.stopbreastcancer.org/

Some of you may know that my life has been personally touched by Breast Cancer. My mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer a year and a half ago, after undergoing chemo, surgery, more chemo and finally radiation she has been declared cancer free. She has been told her chances of remission is 5% so there will always be the idea of “what if…?. Because of her ordeal it has now made me more aware and has now given both myself and my daughters a “family history? of breast cancer.

So please join me on October 12th to help fight the battle and STAMP out breast cancer. Please RSVP by Oct. 10th so I can be assured that I have enough supplies, munchies and beverages on hand. Feel free to bring a friend, neighbor or family member (please no small children) and if you know of anyone else who might be interested in attending, please send me their information so I can E-vite them.

so even if you just want to have a gathering at your home with some close friends this is an idea...

IF anyone is in the Richmond, VA area and wants to come to help STAMP out Breast cancer just e-mail or PM me
Old 09-13-2004, 05:16 AM   #5
Gabfest Goddess

Jenni - I am glad to hear that your mom is cancer-free! My grandmother had breast cancer years ago - she is doing well now (91 years old). I worry about myself and my daughters and truly hope a cure is found to wipe out this terrible disease.

Your idea is wonderful! What a great idea - your e-vite is great too. I might be borrowing your idea for my Stamp Clubs (I have 2 - I will be sending them an email about it).

Thanks for sharing!!