In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)
 
Miss Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,593
Default Small & Growing Stamp Companies: Is this true?

I read something today that made me sad. I read that stamp companies with design teams are looking for people who do not share images such as Wish RAK and PIFfing. That sort of makes sense. But I'm not a millionaire. Everytime I use an image from your stamp company, I'm advertising for you. I understand that you want me to buy your stamps... but I do. I just can't buy all of them. Now, if I was on DT Sally (I made that up ) Of coarse, I wouldn't share the images from that company... That makes sense. But to be discluded because I'm part of Wish RAK is really sad. And what is the difference of winning free stamps sets at a release party and getting images from SCSers? Nothing really. Both make me want to buy more when I get the money.

Anyway, I use Wish RAK. (I'm done with PIFfing)

I have bought stamps from the following companies (which is why I have to drop my SU hobby demo status)

High Hopes
Hanna Stamps
Gina K
Rubbernecker
Stamping Bella
CC Designs
Pink Cat Studio
Sweet & Sassy
MFT
Elzybells UK
Unity
A Muse
Starving Artistamps/Doodle Factory
Serendipity
Whipper Snapper
Impression Obesessions
Hero Arts
Martha Stewart
Stampabilities
Great Impressions
Penny Black
Inky Antics
Inkadinkado
Rubber Stampede
All Night Media
Darcies
TAC
CTMH
$1 stamps


My Wish List Buys

Verve
DRS Designs
Lizzie Anne Designs
Cornish Heritage Farms
Whiff of Joy
Paper pretties
Taylored Expression
Clear dollar stamps
Fourishes

I'm sure I missed some.
I've done a lot of selling on eBay and have started Etsy to pay for all of this, but I can't buy everything... at least not all at once.
__________________
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 
SCS Fan Club Member since 2005  
Retired Challenge Hostess (2005-2014) 
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Miss Boo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,216
Default

Boo,
I have never even heard of that. I would never discriminate against someone who was raked some images from my company! I'm not sure who you heard that from but it certainly isn't the case with Gina K. Designs.

I am flattered that people like my images enough to want to use them. Keep wishing. No problem with my company!
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)
 
Miss Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,593
Default

Thanks for responding Gina. I'm relieved. I have literally boxes of colored images ready for cards... RAKs and stamped from my own stamps. Coloring relaxes me... It's also a great way to spend time in a waiting room.
__________________
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 
SCS Fan Club Member since 2005  
Retired Challenge Hostess (2005-2014) 
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Miss Boo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
Forum Fanatic
 
The MFT Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eustis, FL
Posts: 9,649
Default

I wanted to get some clarification, I'm not quite sure what you're asking...

Are you asking if companies won't hire you for their design teams if you have received images as part of a RAK or PIFF? If so, that's not the case with MFT. We look for talent, plain and simple, and don't go back to check the where's and how many's of their purchases. It's about love of the MFT sets and execution of their work.

Are you asking that as company owner, I require our DT not give away images from sets received as part of their DT compensation? If so, then that is correct for MFT. Why? Because the Design Team is my marketing team. That's their "gig", it's why they receive the stamp sets free of charge, to promote them and show off all the incredible possibilities! The second reason is simply because of the time and effort involved. I kid you not when I say that people have contacted members on the MFT DT asking for one or two images from EACH MFT set! Can you imagine the time and energy involved with stamping out images from each of our 80+ sets?

Are you asking if as a company owner I discourage Wish RAKs/PIFFs? Heavens NO! Everyone has a different budget, and I would never encourage someone to overspend! I feel honored by anyone who chooses to use MFT on their cards/projects and appreciate each and every one of our fans regardless of how they became one!

I hope this clarifies and speaks to your question, but if not, let me know!
The MFT Lady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
Crimping Master
 
Dotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT LadyView Post
I kid you not when I say that people have contacted members on the MFT DT asking for one or two images from EACH MFT set! Can you imagine the time and energy involved with stamping out images from each of our 80+ sets?
I CANNOT imagine asking a design team member from ANY stamp company for stamped images!! Unbelievable gutsy!
__________________
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but few will catch your heart. Pursue those.....
Dotty is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MSBetsyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 19,230
Default

Miss Boo, can I ask, exactly what is it you read and could you provide a link if possible? I'm just wondering if perhaps there's a misunderstanding...
MSBetsyZ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
Mad Swapper
 
Badger53186's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,620
Question could a demo shed some light?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss BooView Post
I read something today that made me sad. I read that stamp companies with design teams are looking for people who do not share images such as Wish RAK and PIFfing. That sort of makes sense. But I'm not a millionaire. Everytime I use an image from your stamp company, I'm advertising for you. I understand that you want me to buy your stamps... but I do. I just can't buy all of them. Now, if I was on DT Sally (I made that up ) Of coarse, I wouldn't share the images from that company... That makes sense. But to be discluded because I'm part of Wish RAK is really sad. And what is the difference of winning free stamps sets at a release party and getting images from SCSers? Nothing really. Both make me want to buy more when I get the money.

Anyway, I use Wish RAK. (I'm done with PIFfing)

I have bought stamps from the following companies (which is why I have to drop my SU hobby demo status)

High Hopes
Hanna Stamps
Gina K
Rubbernecker
Stamping Bella
CC Designs
Pink Cat Studio
Sweet & Sassy
MFT
Elzybells UK
Unity
A Muse
Starving Artistamps/Doodle Factory
Serendipity
Whipper Snapper
Impression Obesessions
Hero Arts
Martha Stewart
Stampabilities
Great Impressions
Penny Black
Inky Antics
Inkadinkado
Rubber Stampede
All Night Media
Darcies
TAC
CTMH
$1 stamps


My Wish List Buys

Verve
DRS Designs
Lizzie Anne Designs
Cornish Heritage Farms
Whiff of Joy
Paper pretties
Taylored Expression
Clear dollar stamps
Fourishes

I'm sure I missed some.
I've done a lot of selling on eBay and have started Etsy to pay for all of this, but I can't buy everything... at least not all at once.
Is this right? I thought that you could not use other manufacturer's products when you demo, but surely they can't tell you what you can play with on your own time? TIA!!
__________________
Shannon
Badger53186 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
Mad Swapper
 
jackie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Carlyle, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,681
Default

If I am understanding you, are you meaning that you are upset because SU won't allow you to use other products when you are a SU demo? If so I know from my SU demo that if she is demoing (new word) a workshop/party she can only use SU products, but for her personal use and cards that she makes to give away she has used images from other companies. I also know a SU demo who has products and supplies that are similar to SU and are in the catty that she uses when she has a workshop, she does let everyone know that they are in the catty but that they are items that she purchased elsewhere before she signed up as a demo and didn't think it was right to have to get rid of what she already has to turn around and buy the SU ones.
I know myself that I am a CTMH consultant but I still buy SU, as well as other company products, I will never use anything but CTMH products when I do a workshop, but I also won't get rid of my other products either. Hope that makes sense.
jackie1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #9
Pearl-ExPert
 
cjbapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 2,411
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
Is this right? I thought that you could not use other manufacturer's products when you demo, but surely they can't tell you what you can play with on your own time? TIA!!
I read the original comment meaning that she dropped her SU status because of the expense of keeping up with buying from other companies as well. She said she was a Hobby Demo...isn't this just being a demo for the discount in the first place?

Maybe I'm wrong, and Miss Boo can clarify, but I was thinking she just meant there is not enough money to keep the SU Demo Status up as well as buy EVERYTHING ELSE out there...LOL
__________________
Cher
No longer stamping...on to bigger things.
cjbapp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #10
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)
 
Miss Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,593
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
I read the original comment meaning that she dropped her SU status because of the expense of keeping up with buying from other companies as well. She said she was a Hobby Demo...isn't this just being a demo for the discount in the first place?

Maybe I'm wrong, and Miss Boo can clarify, but I was thinking she just meant there is not enough money to keep the SU Demo Status up as well as buy EVERYTHING ELSE out there...LOL
Yes, that is right.
__________________
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 
SCS Fan Club Member since 2005  
Retired Challenge Hostess (2005-2014) 
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Miss Boo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)
 
Miss Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,593
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Miss Boo, can I ask, exactly what is it you read and could you provide a link if possible? I'm just wondering if perhaps there's a misunderstanding...
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...postcount=3556
__________________
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 
SCS Fan Club Member since 2005  
Retired Challenge Hostess (2005-2014) 
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Miss Boo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #12
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)
 
Miss Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,593
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT LadyView Post
I wanted to get some clarification, I'm not quite sure what you're asking...

Are you asking if companies won't hire you for their design teams if you have received images as part of a RAK or PIFF? If so, that's not the case with MFT. We look for talent, plain and simple, and don't go back to check the where's and how many's of their purchases. It's about love of the MFT sets and execution of their work.

Are you asking that as company owner, I require our DT not give away images from sets received as part of their DT compensation? If so, then that is correct for MFT. Why? Because the Design Team is my marketing team. That's their "gig", it's why they receive the stamp sets free of charge, to promote them and show off all the incredible possibilities! The second reason is simply because of the time and effort involved. I kid you not when I say that people have contacted members on the MFT DT asking for one or two images from EACH MFT set! Can you imagine the time and energy involved with stamping out images from each of our 80+ sets?

Are you asking if as a company owner I discourage Wish RAKs/PIFFs? Heavens NO! Everyone has a different budget, and I would never encourage someone to overspend! I feel honored by anyone who chooses to use MFT on their cards/projects and appreciate each and every one of our fans regardless of how they became one!

I hope this clarifies and speaks to your question, but if not, let me know!
That's how I thought it was.
I'm feeling much better now.
I'll just need to improve my talent
__________________
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 
SCS Fan Club Member since 2005  
Retired Challenge Hostess (2005-2014) 
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Miss Boo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #13
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)
 
Miss Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,593
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by DottyView Post
I CANNOT imagine asking a design team member from ANY stamp company for stamped images!! Unbelievable gutsy!
That's what I was thinking!
__________________
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 
SCS Fan Club Member since 2005  
Retired Challenge Hostess (2005-2014) 
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Miss Boo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #14
Insane Embellisher
 
sparkplug17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Posts: 978
Default

Whats weird to me is that how would they know you didn't actually own the stamp set, unless you told them? Or maybe said on your blog that you got the images from Wish RAK?

I think that whatever work you submit to them shouldn't matter where you actually got the image from.

Now, what Kim said makes sense (about her DT not sharing)...but not for trying out.

If thats the case...probably not a company you want to be on a DT for anyways.
__________________
Sparks
My Blog | My Etsy
sparkplug17 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #15
Chat Box Chick
 
InkStazOnMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 38,968
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss BooView Post
That's how I thought it was.
I'm feeling much better now.
I'll just need to improve my talent
Are you kidding me??? Your cards are great!!!
__________________
Sheila

My Blog- Inky's Delight
InkStazOnMe is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #16
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)
 
Miss Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,593
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkStazOnMeView Post
Are you kidding me??? Your cards are great!!!
Thank you my friend.
__________________
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 
SCS Fan Club Member since 2005  
Retired Challenge Hostess (2005-2014) 
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Miss Boo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #17
Insane Embellisher
 
ldsk34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!
Posts: 778
Default

Ok, so I was going to find out what PIFF means on another post, but Sweet Lord Jesus help me it was over a 1,000 post to go through. So can anyone help me?

Thanks!
__________________
Dianne Keffer
Bizzy Bee Creates!! my blog

My "Small" Gallery
ldsk34 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #18
Chat Box Chick
 
InkStazOnMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 38,968
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldsk34View Post
Ok, so I was going to find out what PIFF means on another post, but Sweet Lord Jesus help me it was over a 1,000 post to go through. So can anyone help me?

Thanks!


PIF= Pay It Forward
There are threads where you can 'exchange' images.
__________________
Sheila

My Blog- Inky's Delight
InkStazOnMe is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #19
Forum Fanatic
 
The MFT Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eustis, FL
Posts: 9,649
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss BooView Post
That's how I thought it was.
I'm feeling much better now.
I'll just need to improve my talent
You are quite talented as is sister! You have a nice clean style, executed perfectly!
The MFT Lady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #20
Insane Embellisher
 
ldsk34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!
Posts: 778
Default

Thank you!!
__________________
Dianne Keffer
Bizzy Bee Creates!! my blog

My "Small" Gallery
ldsk34 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #21
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)
 
Miss Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,593
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT LadyView Post
You are quite talented as is sister! You have a nice clean style, executed perfectly!
Thank you
__________________
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 
SCS Fan Club Member since 2005  
Retired Challenge Hostess (2005-2014) 
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Miss Boo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #22
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni
 
Jeanne S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Poofville
Posts: 46,758
Default

Interesting. I've been around of many companies and I've never heard that. Maybe it was specific to a company that she knows.
__________________
Jeanne S - Inky Paws
SCS Moderator
Jeanne S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #23
clean and krafty
 
willosmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: washington!
Posts: 21,536
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post
Interesting. I've been around of many companies and I've never heard that. Maybe it was specific to a company that she knows.
that's what I am thinking as well.
__________________
AJ
gallery
The Willow Garden

Spellbinders DT Coordinator


willosmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:12 AM   #24
Matboard Maniac
 
MadameCraftyPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 240
Default

Playing devil's advocate here. I'm not a manufacturer or part of a design team ...

Don't most design teams require that you create your own works? Wouldn't using a stamped image from someone else not be considered as part of your own work?

Quote:

... But I'm not a millionaire. Everytime I use an image from your stamp company, I'm advertising for you. I understand that you want me to buy your stamps... but I do. I just can't buy all of them.
I've never seen a mfg require that their team members own/buy every stamp set to be a part of the team. Some mfgs even offer free or discounted stamps to their teams as incentives/perks to help out their members.

You don't need every stamp set from every one of your favorite companies to be a good designer. The key is to be ultra creative with what you've got and can afford. Manufacturers want someone who can showcase all of the crafty, wonderful things that can be done with each stamp set. Right?
__________________
Khris Cochran, Editor
DIY Bride

MadameCraftyPants is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #25
Matboard Maniac
 
IadoreWentworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC Canada
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by DottyView Post
I CANNOT imagine asking a design team member from ANY stamp company for stamped images!! Unbelievable gutsy!
OT - sorry,

You're not kidding about a neglected blog!!

__________________
My Blog: I'd rather be Scrapbooking...
IadoreWentworth is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #26
Matboard Maniac
 
TEAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 334
Default

okay I am new to all this so please forgive me, but what is RACK and how do people share there images..
TEAZ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #27
Mad Swapper
 
Badger53186's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,620
Cool

There is so much stuff going on on this site I am not surprised that your head is spinnin'! here is a link to a RAK (Randon Act of Kindness) thread.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=386848

Here is a link to the whole section with PIF (Pay It Forward) and RAKs and Swaps etc! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...play.php?f=113

If you are afraid that you won't be able to find your way back, leave a trail of breadcrumbs by posting a quick reply (even as simple as "subscribing"!) and this site will be listed in your subscribed threads. You will get daily email updates (which can be a bit daunting if you subscribe to a lot of them-but you can de-select the email), but at least you will be able to find them again.

Have fun! This site ROCKS!!!!
__________________
Shannon
Badger53186 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #28
Matboard Maniac
 
TEAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
There is so much stuff going on on this site I am not surprised that your head is spinnin'! here is a link to a RAK (Randon Act of Kindness) thread.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=386848

Here is a link to the whole section with PIF (Pay It Forward) and RAKs and Swaps etc! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...play.php?f=113

If you are afraid that you won't be able to find your way back, leave a trail of breadcrumbs by posting a quick reply (even as simple as "subscribing"!) and this site will be listed in your subscribed threads. You will get daily email updates (which can be a bit daunting if you subscribe to a lot of them-but you can de-select the email), but at least you will be able to find them again.

Have fun! This site ROCKS!!!!

Thanks so much Shannon, you are the first helpful person I have met..
TEAZ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #29
Mad Swapper
 
mtgchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 1,770
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
If you are afraid that you won't be able to find your way back, leave a trail of breadcrumbs by posting a quick reply (even as simple as "subscribing"!) and this site will be listed in your subscribed threads. You will get daily email updates (which can be a bit daunting if you subscribe to a lot of them-but you can de-select the email), but at least you will be able to find them again.
Or, go to the top of page and click "thread tools" (right above the first post of the page on the right), then select "subscribe to this thread."
__________________
Meg
My Gallery
mtgchic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast
 
GarnetJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Posts: 10,083
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
There is so much stuff going on on this site I am not surprised that your head is spinnin'! here is a link to a RAK (Randon Act of Kindness) thread.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=386848
You will need to join the RAK group in order to participate -- sending and receiving cards or images via snail mail.

Just do this...

* Click the Quick Links button (near the top of this page)and select Edit Profile (or almost any one of the Quick Links choices).
* Next click the Group Memberships button on the left of the page. Several groups are listed
* Select the Join Group radio button alongside RAK, then click on the oval Join Group button
A dialogue box will ask you for a reason. If you say you are uhmletssayanaxemurderer, they may not let you join, but other than that it should be okay.
Then you just wait a couple of weeks. You will get a PM saying that have been approved.
Now you go to the RAK forum and begin sending cards to others. After a while you will receive REAL handmade cards in your mailbox.
__________________
John 3:16

Last edited by GarnetJ; 11-14-2008 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: typo
GarnetJ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a faraway place - Wausau, Wisconsin
Posts: 12,579
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEAZView Post
Thanks so much Shannon, you are the first helpful person I have met..
Hi MISSBOO!!!!

TEAZ - If you join Wish Rak - you will love it and become overly addicted!!LOL
It is so much granting wishes that you can to put a smile on someone else face and requesting wishes of your own and then finding a suprise wish in you mailbox!
You will get a Mentor to guide you. Don't be afraid or overwhelmed as they guide you through everything and they are great!
meluvstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:45 AM   #32
Matboard Maniac
 
TEAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 334
Default

meluvstampin and GarnetJ, thanks so much. I will do that right now..
TEAZ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off