Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2004, 05:01 AM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Shrink plastic questions!!

I'm a new demo, and I've never used shrink plastic. I ordered some from SU and it's here, so I need to know how to use it!

First of all - do you have to use StazOn on it, or can I use Classic pads of pigment inks? How do I shrink it? Do you need to put it in the oven, or can I use my heat tool? Is there an area of the gallery featuring shrink plastic stamping??

Thanks so much!

Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:07 AM   #2
SCS Moderator

Here is a thread and that includes a tip sheet to download.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...polyshrink+ink

Personally I use StazOn. To shrink I put the plastic piece in a mini domino lid (or if you don't have that a cardboard shoebox lid lined in foil). I hold it down with my stylus (but a wooden skewer would be fine). I use my heat gun and shrink it that way. It will curl up all sorts of ways, but if you keep heating it will be fine. At the very end I take it out of the tray (while still hot) and push down on it woth the back of a wood blaock to make it more flat. HTH

Old 08-31-2004, 05:19 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

I use Stazon...I think you can use other types of ink, but Stazon won't smear. You can color it in with colored pencils, marker, pastels...but you might want to seal it after you color it in.

I use a heat tool and put it on a heat proof surface. The shoebox is a good idea because the pieces tend to want to 'fly around' when you use the heat tool. Be careful not to heat too long or it will scortch.

Here is a card I made using white polyshrink for the heart. I stamped it in purple Stazon. Make sure you punch the hole in the top BEFORE you heat it!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...cat=500&page=4