Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Shopped at www.CraftMore.com?

Has anyone ever shopped at www.craftmore.com? I don't usually order from sites I don't know, but Doodlebug is my favorite company and they have some great deals! I did a quick google search and didn't see much. Has anyone here ever ordered from them? Thanks for your help! - Catherine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2017, 05:09 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Gee new to me....looks ok......there are so many small general suppliers on the net now...I want to poke around them some more.

I always go with a little order first like a test.

With so many of us here...maybe someone knows them. This is the online side of a couple of brick and mortars in Idaho. Maybe someone knows the stores? Called Porters in Rexburg and Idaho Falls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2017, 06:59 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't like to shop at sites that only give an email contact. I like to see an address. There's a phone number at the site. I'd try calling it first and see if you get a recording.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2017, 03:43 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisa MayView Post
I don't like to shop at sites that only give an email contact. I like to see an address. There's a phone number at the site. I'd try calling it first and see if you get a recording.
I did some googling since my boss stepped away and I don't feel like working right now. ;)

They have their address on the site (bottom of page): 33 College Ave, Suite A, Rexburg ID 83440

Like mentioned above, it appears to be the online site of Porter's Crafts and Frame which has an address of 19 College Ave.

Yelp reviews for Porter's Craft and Frame

https://www.yelp.com/biz/porters-cra...-frame-rexburg

Facebook of Craftmore by Porter's:
https://www.facebook.com/craftmorediy/

I'm not a Facebook person but it looks like their last post if from July 2016 which seems odd to me; perhaps I'm just not navigating the page correctly.

There's a post from June 2016, saying: 'Hey everyone, we are excited to announce that we have evolved into CraftMore, your destination for all things crafty (and more!) Stay tuned for great sales, promotions, demos, and more!'

I think I'll poke around as well and maybe test with a small order.

Thank you for the enabling! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Since I noticed their site seems to be 40% off everything (and the facebook page wasn't active), I e-mailed and asked it they were still in business. I received the following reply:

Yes, we are very much in business! We are just terrible at updating our social media. The prices on the site are correct.

Thanks,

Alex
CraftMore
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

So I am poking around, and I am not liking some of the pricing....like they are charging a lot more than the mfg.

AI girlfriends laughing set. AI =20.95 They list at 25. 99.

Now their discounted price at 15.59 is nice but I am not loving how that looks if you know what I mean.

Same thing with Avery elle set Ellie.

Fiskars quote set laugh with me-their sale price is at Walmart.

I stopped after that. I feel there is a pattern.

Bottom line: pay attention. Their "original" price making their sale look "fabu"....not so much. BUT that doesnt mean their sale price isnt good-just not AS good.

They do have some international companies like Darkroom Door out of Australia which is nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2017, 05:27 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
So I am poking around, and I am not liking some of the pricing....like they are charging a lot more than the mfg.

AI girlfriends laughing set. AI =20.95 They list at 25. 99.

Now their discounted price at 15.59 is nice but I am not loving how that looks if you know what I mean.

Same thing with Avery elle set Ellie.

Fiskars quote set laugh with me-their sale price is at Walmart.

I stopped after that. I feel there is a pattern.

Bottom line: pay attention. Their "original" price making their sale look "fabu"....not so much. BUT that doesnt mean their sale price isnt good-just not AS good.

They do have some international companies like Darkroom Door out of Australia which is nice.
Absolutely agree with you! I was looking around last night while watching TV and noticed the same as you. I was going back and forth to different sites comparing prices. What threw up the red flag for me first was the Tim Holtz Platform - they list the original price as $50.00.

Yes, their price might be slightly lower, but its not as good as it looks compared to their inflated original prices. Though, their flat rate shipping seems pretty good. I choose not to make any purchases at this time. Sad, I was looking to collect more crafting supplies I didn't need!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2017, 11:19 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Alex from CraftMore (the one that was cited earlier in this thread by fifiwesfan). I stumbled into this post by Googling our own website

I'm not going to make a sales pitch for CraftMore since that's not really the spirit of this site but I am happy to address some of the questions and observations you have shared here. Your internet sleuthing has pretty much explained it all though!

As a few of you have pointed out, our social media presence is... well ... terrible and I can seen now that we are better off having no presence than a poor presence. We are going to work on that.

CraftMore is owned by Porter's in Idaho but operates as a completely separate business model. We are definitely an online "small business" and many of the employees that work for CraftMore also have responsibilities in the brick-and-mortar operation (myself included). As CraftMore has grown, we have started to devote more resources to supporting its growth. I'll be honest, we are still trying to figure out how we can be different than every other online discount craft retailer and we have a ways to go. We are just now getting big enough that we can spend some time trying to figure that out!

As to our pricing, "regular pricing" is a strange thing and we are strongly considering only showing our low price. The reality is that the big chains like Walmart have the buying power to get way bigger discounts than us. This enables them to set everyday low prices that are far below the regular price of a small retailer. You have probably seen this happen where you live to some degree. I'm not complaining about this - it's the reality of "mom and pop" retail for the last twenty years and we have learned to adapt! Either by matching the price or focusing on areas where we can compete.

At any rate, I am glad to have stumbled into this community and this thread. I have set up my account here so that you can contact me directly (I think...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 11:58 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Alex -

Welcome I'm glad you chimed in, I'm the one who started the thread. Thank you for sharing this information! - Catherine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put an order in (I wanted to add more to my cart, but I had to show a little restraint!) and I'll update once it arrives.