Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #41
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgeymonatView Post
As much as I can understand your frustration...I feel the need to clarify a few things about shipping to Canada....and anywhere outside the US.....

There are always two shipping options listed for International customers....they are USPS First Class International, and USPS Priority Mail International.

The first option is always based on weight, and the price naturally goes up when the weight goes up. These prices are set based on our costs, and we "typically" find that we lose money on shipping when someone uses this option. There are rare cases when we charge 11.00 and it costs us 9.00...but 80% of the time we actually spend more than we charge. Then you have to factor in that all of the international orders have to be hand-delivered to the post office, only after taking the time to manually create the customs declaration forms....and we have to pay someone to do all of that...

And I have seen on several orders when folks choose the more expensive Priority Mail option...even when First Class International was much cheaper and available. Problem is I don't see that until after the order has been placed and shipped...

The other option is Priority Mail International. We have two rates for that service. $23 to Canada, and $37 anywhere else...and although that may seem high....we almost always lose money when using this service. We charged someone this week $37 to ship to Japan, and it cost us over $85.00!!

The USPS has a rate chart for International shipments when using their service....but they do not publish it...so we can't select "actual charges" during checkout because we don't get the rate chart...and they won't give it to us...in electronic format anyway....

Now, I know many folks have asked for a flat-rate box because you can ship up to 20 lbs for the same rate....the problem is that the orders usually will not fit into the flat-rate box....especially the orders with paper in them.

I know it can be very frustrating because you just want your stuff without having to pay an arm and a leg for shipping....but trust me when I say we lose a lot of money shipping packages...but we are not in the business of shippping....we are in the business of making beautiful products for you to enjoy.....and shipping just happens to be a pain in both of our sides....

With that being said....

I have looked into using other companies to ship outside the US....and UPS, Fedex and DHL all charge RIDICULOUS rates.....so I am going to have to think outside the box on this one.

I have considered using a Canadian distribution company for our customers up north.....the problem with that is that we lose all control of the process....and we are very concerned that they won't take the same care when packing and shipping your items.

The other concern is that WE would have to pay the duty and shipping costs to get our products there....which in turn would raise our prices....and nobody wants to see that....not even us...=)

I am still working on a solution....because I LOVE our international customers....and I get excited that our products are travelling around the world for ALL to enjoy....

So don't give up yet....please....
I am glad to see Papertrey weighed in on this thread...I am sorry to say I am not from Canada (have often dreamed of visiting...quite beautiful), but if anybody has been to Nichole's blog...they have posted pictures of their shipping dept...they are working their tails off and I just wanted to say "thanks". Anytime there has been an issue, the folks at Papertrey have worked it out...just stay patient, the stamps are totally worth it ...
Old 02-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #42
Hardware Hotshot

shipping stays at about $5.50 until you hit the $60 mark or so - I just ordered 4 stamp sets and it was $7.50. I do wish they would offer free shipping for us too when it goes over $40.

Unless things have changed recently with the postal increases, US and Canada ship charges were so very close. My mom in the US ships to me all the time and I haven't seen a big change except for priority when it is over 4 lbs then it IS $23 to send. Poor mom sent me some Red Vines (my weakness) and 4 packs cost her $36 to send lol....I still tell her NEVER go over 4 poundssssss

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!