Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping delays?

Has anyone been experiencing shipping delays with the USPS? I ordered a lot of stuff and it's taking forever to get to me. When I check the tracking info it says three of my packages are sitting in a sorting facility 1.5 hours away from me for the past three days. Grrr...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is awful! It wold drive me nuts! I wonder if it's a holiday thing already? But still to get so close then stall out and 3 of them! I'm sorry!

I have been getting stuff ok still.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Hi Katrina! I think that things are a bit slow myself! I'm waiting on a few packages myself. I ordered a few things that haven't arrived but received an order from Amazon that was ordered after the other stuff!! Who knows??!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Lately ordering from Overstock.com and having them ship USPS has been horrible! Order originated from MI, went to KY and stayed there 4 days, on to CA and another 4 day delay before it came to NV. I emailed and complained that I live on the west coast and it made no sense to send the order first to KY [which is on the east coast]. Another order took 21 days to get to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Most of my stuff has been coming in pretty ok, maybe a day or two later than normal. I do have one item that has been sitting in a town near Los Angeles since Dec 10, that is 7 days ago. I live in San Diego, maybe a 2 or 3 hour drive from there. I know the holiday rush is to blame for some of it. But I had heard on the news recently that USPS said that it was going to take longer to get our mail because of budget cuts they had to do. About a month or so ago I had a small item that was shipped to me by USPS. Two weeks later still had not gotten it. The company sent me another one. Two weeks later I hadn't gotten that one either. The 3rd time they sent it by Fed Ex with tracking. I received that one 2 days later. Never did get the first 2 that were sent. Thank goodness this company has excellent customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 03:44 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Not sure you can believe what the USPS tracking site says. I have a package that started in OR on Tuesday and according to the tracking info is was still there yesterday. Then this morning is suddenly arrived at a sorting facility in OH. That package didn't get from OR to OH overnight, I know it made several stops in between....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 03:53 AM   #7  

Actually, it very well could have made it there overnight. They loaded it onto a plane, USPS First Class, Priority and other services fly, they don't get trucked like UPS or FedEx ground.
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Not sure you can believe what the USPS tracking site says. I have a package that started in OR on Tuesday and according to the tracking info is was still there yesterday. Then this morning is suddenly arrived at a sorting facility in OH. That package didn't get from OR to OH overnight, I know it made several stops in between....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 04:49 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Tell me about it! I'm still waiting for a few things ordered a bit after Black Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeinSparksView Post
Lately ordering from Overstock.com and having them ship USPS has been horrible! Order originated from MI, went to KY and stayed there 4 days, on to CA and another 4 day delay before it came to NV. I emailed and complained that I live on the west coast and it made no sense to send the order first to KY [which is on the east coast]. Another order took 21 days to get to me.
I think I know this and it may help others understand why sometimes it takes so long to get post from one place to another.

It all makes perfect sense if you know ground shipping corridors and maximizing most used routes. As well as the concentration of the the populace toward the East Coast. In those terms Kentucky is considered "central". There is no direct route from MI to NV.

I-65 is a North/South corridor and completely full of 18 wheelers. Near Louisville I-65 connects to I-64 to St Louis or continue down toward Nashville and go to Memphis and that direction to go west. On the ground.

Louisville,KY is the major UPS air hub. Memphis,TN is the major Fedex air hub. Not certain about USPS but I would think they would work on a similar level and may even have agreements with other carriers for so much tonnage. Some shipping corridors depend on weather. They don't want a corridor that is always closed for weather conditions.

Truthfully, I'm in KY and I had a package to ship from Knoxville a couple of weeks ago and was rather shocked when it arrived witihn two days of shipping with UPS - I expected it to hit at least three state hubs before being out for delivery.

And BTW although KY has more coastline (rivers and lakes) than most states it is no more considered ocean coastal than Nevada.

HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

You think it's slow now, wait till they close the hundreds of postal processing centers next year. It will take 3 to 5 days for a letter to go across town, let alone, ship a package across the country. It's really going to hurt my little town when our postal processin center closes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

My postman told me the other day that there is NO overtime being authorized right now......could be why things are going slower than in the past. Of course, I think even UPS in slower this year.....:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I ship a lot of stuff between my two companies and I have had quite a few people saying their stuff has not arrived.....it has to be the postal system because I ship stuff every day.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Also remember USPS is a Federal government agency. The budget shananigans of only passing the budgets at the last minute, one or two months at a time is taking its toll (and it wasting a lot of money, don't get me started!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #14  

Amber- yours is one of the packages I'm waiting on too, I shouldn't have waited so long to order those dies! Now I'm suffering for my procrastinating, lol!
BTW, love that you offer free shipping for the dies, that alone is worth the wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I ship a lot of stuff between my two companies and I have had quite a few people saying their stuff has not arrived.....it has to be the postal system because I ship stuff every day.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #15  

Update: Just received all the packages that were being held at the sort facility for three days, phewww! Yours too Amber, thanks for the little gift!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
Amber- yours is one of the packages I'm waiting on too, I shouldn't have waited so long to order those dies! Now I'm suffering for my procrastinating, lol!
BTW, love that you offer free shipping for the dies, that alone is worth the wait!
Reply With Quote Likes