Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sept PTI Release...what did you get?

I am still on the fence on this month's PTI order. I know I am risking a sellout but since most are holiday stamps, I figure I have time. I was in love with everything during the sneak peeks but I am trying not to buy on impulse and just snatch up everything...especially as I am trying to organize my craft space and realize how much I already have.

Soooo...what stamps did you fall in love with? Any alternative ideas for using the sets and dies that released this month? BTW, the photo finishers set appeals to me...love the graphics...but I don't send out photo cards.

Here's my cart right now...
Candy Cane Prints Patterned Paper 8"X8" (36 sheets)

Papertrey Ink - Bells & Boughs Die Collection <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

Papertrey Ink - Layerz Mat Stack 2 Die

Papertrey Ink - Mega Mat Stack 2 Die

Paper Basics - 2012 Mini Calendar Pages

Papertrey Ink - Bloom Builders #3 Die

Bells & Boughs Stamp Set <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

Think Big Favorites #8 Mini Stamp

Holiday Photo Finishers Stamp Set
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I followed the peeks this month and really thought I'd be placing a big order, but when it came time for the full reveals, I just wasn't as wow'd as I'd hope to be.

Maybe I'm just not that much of an "element" stamper anymore -- I'd rather have more variety in a set than lots of sizes/patterns, and solid/line versions of the same thing.

I'm also getting picky about sentiments -- if there are more than a couple in a set that I don't like, I won't buy it. That was always a problem for me when I used to get store-bought cards. I could rarely find a picture and a sentiment that I liked on the same card. If I'm going to make them myself, I'm only buying what I love especially since computer-generating a sentiment is so easy.

The sets I see myself possibly caving on are the 'heart' sets -- Love Lives Here: Christmas and the previous Love Lives Here sets. The tri-fold cards are an interesting idea, too!

I was hoping there would be a bit more to the Holiday Lights set - maybe some pine boughs with it.

I also liked the photo finisher products for the same reason you do - I love the style of the graphics. It's reminiscent of Claire's style at Waltzingmouse Stamps so if you haven't checked them out, you might want to have a look! And I've never sent photo cards out either. Maybe I'll try something with photos and see if I like it.

You have a nice cart going there! I think the Think Big Favorites were a great idea.

Last edited by Phantom; 09-15-2011 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: add set names and add comments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got too much I'm getting ready for a huge holiday fair and some of their new stuff is just what I needed

got
candy canes and dies
bells/dies
heart home/dies
snowflake dies
tag it set
and the sentiment set by nichole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think for the first time in years, I didn't order anything from PTI. I like the idea of the pine branches, but I thought the die looked a bit strange. I didn't really like anything else in the release except Autumn Rose color collection. That's waiting in my cart till the release night madness dies down. I hate waiting 2 1/2 weeks for my order to arrive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I was wowed by their card samples during the sneak peaks. I find these samples to be very helpful to learn different ways of using their stamps. I would never realize the sets' versatility by just looking at the stamp sets themselves. A lot of thought goes into the design of their sets, and their design team is very creative!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh I agree. The design PTI design team is amazing! I get caught up sometimes in all the beautiful samples they create but then have to take a step back to really ask myself what I will really use and enjoy.

Nancy, I agree, Claire's Waltzingmouse stamps are wonderful. I have several of her sets too. The think big favorites are always a win with me. They are cheap and give you a nice sentiment option.

Natalie, you did have a good month! I loved the Tag Its, Heart/Home and the candy cane sets too but those were ones that I knew myself and knew that I would likely not use them...or only one or two things from each which does not justify the purchase. It's actually more about having too much stuff for me vs. the cost. Good luck with your holiday fair!

KatarinaM, I also thought the pine bough die looked funny. Although, I did come across one of the designers' samples who scored/folded each down the center and glued them at 90 degree angles to each other creating a 3D pine bough. That actually looked cute, but again, how often would I do that?

So I am hitting send on my order. I did make one change. I deleted the Mega Mat Stack die. Just didn't see myself using it and so expensive for only one die!

Thanks ladies for your input. I guess I just needed a push over the fence this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

yeah, I thought the pine bough looked really strange so had to pass on that...but darn it I forgot the holly leaves!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think this is the first month I haven't placed an order since Papertrey's first release. Even though I like a lot of the stamp sets and dies, I've decided that I would rather wait to place an order until all of the fall/winter sets have been released and the frenzy dies down. That will give me more time to think about what I really want and need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Natalie, Oh I hate when I do that! I usually forget the die that coordinates with a set. Not the end of the world but so frustrating...especially when you've earned free shipping!

Like Gardener, I decided to wait and sleep on it one more night to avoid any regrets...although obviously I couldn't wait as long as you. In the past few months though I did order between releases and it was amazing how quickly my order arrived.

I did not add the Mega Mat Stack back to my cart...I can always order it later. Although, after seeing Melissa's recaps this morning I decided I "needed" the holiday lights set. She had them strung on that little picket fence die (that I have) and it was so darn cute! I really did want them but wasn't sure I'd use them. I also think they'd look adorable to add to an envelope. A bonus too...I was assuming it was a $24 set, but when I realized it was only a $15 set, it was in! I also liked how she used the snowflakes as mats for the circle with the sentiment, but they were sold out. Probably would have gotten them but now glad they were sold out.

I do like some of the stand alone sentiment sets and those may get added to my stash down the road.

Now the waiting part....ugh. Thanks again for letting me think out my order with all of you. My husband is no help on big decisions like these.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2011, 05:04 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbgirl66View Post
Natalie, Oh I hate when I do that! I usually forget the die that coordinates with a set. Not the end of the world but so frustrating...especially when you've earned free shipping!

Now the waiting part....ugh. Thanks again for letting me think out my order with all of you. My husband is no help on big decisions like these.
Know what you mean about forgetting something small; wish they had a wishlist feature to help me remember. Anyway, to avoid this, I've gotten into the habit of checking the gallery and checking the "coordinates with" options before I order. Sometimes that helps me plug a hole. JAT you might find helpful.

Last edited by binx; 09-16-2011 at 05:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not big into dies but really liked the snowflake die that was very solid in the center. But the price for the snowflake dies was high!! I think I'll pass after all.

And still not decided on the 'love lives here' sets -- Waltzingmouse has something coming out that will either win me over more, or complement it. (Pre-release previews are going on now at WMS.)

And that little holiday lights set is still calling my name, so it may end up in my cart as well. I'm feeling very wish-washy this time around!

bbgirl66, you are very wise to give your purchases such thorough consideration. I am the same as you -- I mostly worry about having too much or having things I won't use often. I hope you are very happy with all of your choices!!!
Reply With Quote Likes