Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you sell your creations (ie: cards, framed art, note books)?
Yes 173 47.14%
No 84 22.89%
Thinking about selling 110 29.97%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

I am looking at selling but at the moment I can't keep up with the "have to do"s though! which reminds me - I have two projects that need to be finished now! better go and get them done!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

I started to really sell them in Nov & Dec. Sold nearly $2000.00 worth! Just thru the local high school (teachers) and my hubbys work. Hubby still keeps two good size boxes on his desk which I constantly replenish and people come looking for him all the time. HE brings home a few hundred a month. I also am starting to supply my church bookshop with them for sale. The money will all go to the land fund because they want to build a new church. Yep I am donating everything but Yikes...I have way more than I could use in several lifetimes. I have also sold some on Ebay. Blessings.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

OH...I agree that selling cards is much more lucrative than running my SU business.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #44
Kookie Creator

usually after giving my cards as gifts, I get that person to buy cards from me. They like the quality of my cards and want to give my cards as gifts. I just picked up a new "Client". I gave her a gift of a calendar, pen and chocolates in a nice gift pack for a hostess gift, for hostessing a crop and now she wants to hire me to make the goodie bags for all of her events. It usually just happens I don't try to sell my cards, but it sure helps to pay for my hobby.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #45
Hardware Hotshot

Amber I have purchased clear envies from you and I love them, if you sell cards these are a must so that people don't "handle" all the cards and leave dirty prints. Amber is great to do business with also.

It's in the Cards! My Blog

Pinterest
Old 02-16-2008, 12:17 AM   #46
Kookie Creator

I have been asked to create 50 baby announcements. There is of course some embellishments (ribbon & dimensionals making it 3-D). I'm just not sure what to charge? I read on this thread that some people sell individual cards for $4. Would you sell the cards at $4 each when doing 50 cards and an envelope or would you charge a different fee?

TIA,
Eileen
Old 02-16-2008, 04:16 AM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by EHochsteinView Post
I have been asked to create 50 baby announcements. There is of course some embellishments (ribbon & dimensionals making it 3-D). I'm just not sure what to charge? I read on this thread that some people sell individual cards for $4. Would you sell the cards at $4 each when doing 50 cards and an envelope or would you charge a different fee?

TIA,
Eileen
Some people think you should charge less for large quantities; this may be so if you're running things off a printing press! But you are hand making works of art! Don't sell yourself short; charge what you are comfortable with and enjoy the proceeds! A friend of mine owns a business and doesn't believe in sales. She learned from her uncle, who also had a business, that if it doesn't sell, mark the price up!!! Sounds strange to me, but it worked! Good luck!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #48
Kookie Creator

Default Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeymamaView Post
Some people think you should charge less for large quantities; this may be so if you're running things off a printing press! But you are hand making works of art! Don't sell yourself short; charge what you are comfortable with and enjoy the proceeds! A friend of mine owns a business and doesn't believe in sales. She learned from her uncle, who also had a business, that if it doesn't sell, mark the price up!!! Sounds strange to me, but it worked! Good luck!!!
I

I ended up giving her a quote of $3 per card and she accepted that. She said that she thought it might be something like that. I don't usually sell my work and it felt weird to do this. But I'm happy to help her out and honored to be asked to create announcements for such a special occasion.

Thanks again for your response. It was helpful to me.

Eileen
Old 02-17-2008, 02:43 AM   #49
Kookie Creator

Default Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeymamaView Post
I

I ended up giving her a quote of $3 per card and she accepted that. She said that she thought it might be something like that. I don't usually sell my work and it felt weird to do this. But I'm happy to help her out and honored to be asked to create announcements for such a special occasion.

Thanks again for your response. It was helpful to me.

Eileen
Old 02-17-2008, 03:52 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Have fun and enjoy your small windfall! This could be the start of more orders for you!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #51
Polyshrink Goddess

I have been thinking about it since SU changed thier Angle Policy but haven't sold anything yet