Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapbucket in Dallas

Worth going to? I'm in Dallas for a conference next weekend. I'm staying at I-45 (hwy 75) and LBJ Expressway. I looked online at scrapbooking stores, and Scrapbucket is about 12 miles from where I'm staying.

Is it worth fighting traffic in an unknown area? The thought of being able to purchase lots of different embellishments without having to purchase a whole package of each one is mighty tempting...anyone been to this store and can recommend it or shall I cross it off my list?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

I have never been there but there is one up in Frisco by the Mall. I think it is on Preston, it is good. Also check out how far Scrapbook Warehouse, it is in Lewisville off 35-E
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are staying at LBJ and 75, you are going to be pretty close to the ScrapBucket. They do have everything in Buckets, priced individually and their store is nice. It is on the SE corner of Parker and Custer. You will also be near a Target (on Parker), Mike's, Joann's and Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby also has a coupon this week on their website. Not to far from there is also Stamp Asylum (they have glimmer mist in stock) and north of there is a Recollections.
PM me if you need any additional info, I'd be happy to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been to the Scrap Bucket...it's a nice place! I like the pkgs of embellishments, so buying by the piece did not appeal to me, but I liked the other things they carry. They have great ribbon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, and Stamp Asylum & Recollections are a must visit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #6  
Inking Addict

Looking at a map, StampBucket and Stamp Asylum are a must. Looks like Mike's is south of where I'll be - I can hit it on the way in. Haven't figured out where JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby are.

Recollections is on my list for Saturday. I'll be staying Friday night and Sat. in Arlington with my daughter, and I've already told her we're going to Recollections. Is there more than one location for Scrapbook Warehouse? When I googled it, it shows 3 but the website for all of them is the same and it lists Lewisville as the only location.

Now I'm really excited about this trip - thanks!!! (and my husband thanks you too! :rolleyes: )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Depending on how far you want to travel, there's also Imprints (which is a STAMP store!!) and it's in Fort Worth at I-20 & Granbury Road. About 15-20 minutes west of Arlington. They carry Penny Black, A Muse, River City Rubberworks, Outlines, Rubber Soul, Hero Arts, Inky Antics, and Stampendous, just to name a few.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT NestView Post
Looking at a map, StampBucket and Stamp Asylum are a must. Looks like Mike's is south of where I'll be - I can hit it on the way in. Haven't figured out where JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby are.

Recollections is on my list for Saturday. I'll be staying Friday night and Sat. in Arlington with my daughter, and I've already told her we're going to Recollections. Is there more than one location for Scrapbook Warehouse? When I googled it, it shows 3 but the website for all of them is the same and it lists Lewisville as the only location.

Now I'm really excited about this trip - thanks!!! (and my husband thanks you too! :rolleyes: )
There's a Scrapbook Pad in Colleyville. (It might be just Scrap Pad.) It used to be a Scrapbook Warehouse.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

If you are looking at the Mike's on 15th/Alma then Hobby Lobby faces it and Joann's is just one intersection away.
The Recollections in Arlington is nice. The Scrapbook Warehouse is in Lewisville and last time I was there they didn't have much (if any) selection of stamps. Imprints in Fort Worth is soooo....definitely worth the trip. She has great stuff.....wall to wall stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know about the other places, but I stopped at the Scrapbook Warehouse on the way home from Dallas a couple of months ago.

I was not impressed with their stamping supplies. Seemed mainly to cater to scrapbooking if that is also your interest.
Michaels or Hobby Lobby has much more stamp stuff I think.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Scrapbook Warehouse in Lewisville is in the process of moving to a smaller place in the same plaza they are currently in. For this reason they don't have a lot of stuff right now. You might want to also consider Scrapbook Barn in Carrollton. I haven't been there in a while, but some of my friends say it's really good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Do make it to Scrapbucket and Stamp Asylum. You will definitly have a lot of FUN.
I live in Plano and work in Richardson so I visit all the stores mentioned here a lot. Feel free to email me if u have questions.

Anu
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

I work at The Scrapbook Pad in Colleyville, and will say that if you're looking for stamps only, we don't have a huge selection. But, if you're looking for card making or scrapbooking supplies too - we have TONS! Every aisle and endcap is packed.

I enjoy shopping at Stamp Asylumn and Imprints for stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyheartintxView Post
Scrapbook Warehouse in Lewisville is in the process of moving to a smaller place in the same plaza they are currently in. For this reason they don't have a lot of stuff right now. You might want to also consider Scrapbook Barn in Carrollton. I haven't been there in a while, but some of my friends say it's really good!
So sorry to say this ... but please do not waste your time looking up this store right now. I live in the area, and last weekend they didn't even answer me honestly when I asked if they were going out of business .. the shelves are barren & generally empty. If they are moving ... that makes a little more sense ... but they will have nothing to move. Go to Recollections, ScrapBucket, or Imprint! Not intentionally bad-mouthing ... but it is an honest answer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 02:25 AM   #15  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

This is so sad! Cathy Lynne, wasn't this where we all went that time we met up?

Also, any of you Texas girls who haven't done so, please go here & introduce yourself
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

It's a "Who is from Texas" Thread. Who knows, you may meet a new stampin' buddy! :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
So sorry to say this ... but please do not waste your time looking up this store right now. I live in the area, and last weekend they didn't even answer me honestly when I asked if they were going out of business .. the shelves are barren & generally empty. If they are moving ... that makes a little more sense ... but they will have nothing to move. Go to Recollections, ScrapBucket, or Imprint! Not intentionally bad-mouthing ... but it is an honest answer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 05:10 AM   #16  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
Depending on how far you want to travel, there's also Imprints (which is a STAMP store!!) and it's in Fort Worth at I-20 & Granbury Road. About 15-20 minutes west of Arlington. They carry Penny Black, A Muse, River City Rubberworks, Outlines, Rubber Soul, Hero Arts, Inky Antics, and Stampendous, just to name a few.
This is great - we are going to the Fort Worth Zoo on Saturday. Looks like we'll have to make a stop at Imprints. My daughter is going to love this - she's 21, living there for college, and is *so* not in to stamping!:twisted:

Thanks for all the advice! I plan on going to Scrapbucket, Stamp Asylum, Mike's, JoAnn's, and HL when I arrive Thursday. Saturday I go to Imprints and Recollections. My credit card will never be the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 07:41 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

This is great - we are going to the Fort Worth Zoo on Saturday. Looks like we'll have to make a stop at Imprints. My daughter is going to love this - she's 21, living there for college, and is *so* not in to stamping!:twisted:

Thanks for all the advice! I plan on going to Scrapbucket, Stamp Asylum, Mike's, JoAnn's, and HL when I arrive Thursday. Saturday I go to Imprints and Recollections. My credit card will never be the same.
Woo hoo!! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I will be the dissenter and say, "don't go!";)

You will be tempted to spend a fortune! It is like a crack den for crafters, just be careful.

Have fun on your trip to Dallas!

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Reply With Quote Likes