Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2017, 02:43 AM   #41
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnewithane View Post
To me, it sounds like a matter of knowing how to run a business. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do that. I do know that there's a lot more to it than just loving something and selling it.
Yes! I had a bad experience with them a couple of years ago and came to the same conclusion. They can probably run their brick and mortar store okay, but an online mail order business is different. When I complained about the long delivery time, they were aggressively hostile. I received my order in two parts, the first three months later, the second six months later!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Redeemed and Happy Crafter2 like this post.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:30 PM   #42
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

Note: I have removed a post and references quoting same due to disparaging remarks made about a person/business.

Please remember that here at SCS we strive to communicate with each other without disparaging others.

Thanks, everyone.
UnderstandBlue and stampin stacy like this post.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #43
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Thank you Bev. And thank you for your comment Stacy - that's exactly the reason we do have these rules. If that was the first post you read here you'd think ... ?

Be kind. And communicate with these small businesses before posting rants online.

It's hard to run a profitable crafty retail business. Let's not drive these people out of our lives when they have struggles.

Be kind. Communicate problems privately and celebrate wins publicly.

After seeing the kindness in my state this month, I really change my perspective about things that are frustrating.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store | My Online Classes
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-04-2018 at 11:52 AM..
stampin stacy likes this post.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #44
Cardstock Collector

Reminds me of a Ponzi scheme. Taking the money for orders and using those funds to order merchandise for old orders.

Sad thing about a house of cards, it eventually collapses.

To listen to her, she sounds like a nice person, and maybe she didnít intend to get herself in this situation. I donít know how long she has been in business, but, I hope she gets her issues resolved and I get my order.
gingerd and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:30 PM   #45
Compulsive Stamper

I finally received my December 2016 Sizzix order in October... but not the complete order, which I don't understand because Sizzix still sells the items on their website. Anyway, she credited my money back. Thank goodness I don't have to think about any of this ever again.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #46
Compulsive Stamper

I tried once to order from them in the Big Ships when it Ships sale in 2016. Took 8 months to get it which is ok because I saw the vid. However only half the order came and the balance was said to be discontinued and that's the main reason I'll never deal with them again. Perhaps I heard wrong but my impression was that one reason it took so long to fulfill orders was because they let their vendor know exactly what the need after the pre-orders are in. So I didn't order the dies I saw offered elsewhere and ended up
with nada. Then no refund was forthcoming so I had to call and insist. Finally got a refund but no accounting for how it was calculated. No notice. Don't care if you say you're a small biz, you can be professional.
gingerd, Redeemed and Happy Crafter2 like this post.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #47
Cardstock Collector

Default Still not here

i ordered January 22 2018 from them. Regular order. Itís now April 4th. I paid the invoice 30 days after the order using the pay later option thinking it would ship shortly after I paid. Nope. Still hasnít shipped 2 months later. Forget about 30 Days they will try to ship it. All orderes seem to be ďit ships when it shipsĒ policy. Luckily I didnít need these items right away
Happy Crafter2 likes this post.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #48
Inking Addict

I've ordered from them only once. It took months to get my stuff; I won't be ordering from them again!
Boggles and Happy Crafter2 like this post.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #49
Polyshrink Goddess

I finally visited the store, it was pretty awesome and a good size. They had sooo much stuff and everyone was helpful. I'll be going back.

Not sure why the online ordering is an issue.

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Old 05-15-2018, 12:24 AM   #50
Cardstock Collector

Default SMS Headaches

I recommend not ordering from SMS. They take payment (pay later is in 30 days, but your order sits in limbo) and then they ignore filling your order. We didn't order during their big sales, but unfortunately made multiple orders after watching the videos. We were then told that even though we paid that they will fill our order whenever they decide to??? We didn't tell them we would pay when we felt like it??? No other online business uses this poor business practice...supporting this behavior is not good. There are so many online craft suppliers who bend over backwards to get orders out quickly...they need, deserve and want our business. Never again SMS...we are no longer watching her videos either. Perhaps she should take a break from the videos and "sales" and ship out orders people have paid for already.
Boggles likes this post.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #51
Matboard Maniac

I had this problem as well. See my previous post. I too am a "Small, family run business." Please, unsubscribe to SMS in protest of this business model.
Boggles likes this post.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #52
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyce View Post
I had this problem as well. See my previous post. I too am a "Small, family run business." Please, unsubscribe to SMS in protest of this business model.

Thank you Joyce,
I too am a small business owner. I spoke with Stacy and heard all the excuses and then some. Some of the items we ordered are no longer made, but no refund when we told them. Partial orders were shipped with no idea when the balance would ship. Pay Pal demand for payment on the "pay later" or "order cancelled" e-mail was months ago...we paid and then were told they could take all the time they wanted because of their "ship when it ships" clause. Our orders were not made during any of those sales. "Awaiting fulfillment" means that your order is not being processed, it is on hold UNTIL? I agree with your suggestion to unsubscribe from SMS...every e-mail video message "sucks" our creative energy as we are reminded she took our money and didn't deliver the goods.

On the positive side...we have purchased from Blitsy, 123Stitching and Scrapbook.com. They have provided excellent quick service and excellent "sales". There are others, but these 3 came to mind first.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 AM   #53
Matboard Maniac

Too true. Happy Crafter2. Isn't it interesting that SMS never seems to solicit feedback or post reviews? This abuse of customers goes on and on...

I haven't ordered from Blitsy but can also highly recommend 123Stitching and Scrapbook.com.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:04 AM   #54
Cardstock Collector

Blitsy ships free for orders over $29.00. They are also super fast...I often have my order at my door in 3days. 123 Stitch and Scrapbook.com have also given super fast delivery in a matter of days. Their shipping cost aren't too bad. I never find everything I am looking for in one store . It is really great to feel your business is appreciated.

Getting back for a moment to abusing customers, SMS has a video that tells people they can ONLY leave messages/comments etc about happy service and products. I strongly support "small businesses" and Mom and Pop shops, but given my experience, I can't find anything "happy" to say. I did get a 1/2 order this past week...3 months and none of it was part of a sale. I need both parts of the order to use it. I am in hopes that the post here will prevent anyone else from getting caught up in paying for orders that take an unfair or reasonable amount of time to be delivered. "It ships when it ships" is just too arrogant when you find out just how long that will likely be. As others have stated "BEWARE" and Be Warned...

Have a Happy week of Crafting!
Skippet likes this post.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #55
Matboard Maniac

I'll check out Blitsy today. Thanks for the resource.

I really didn't know about the "happy only" feedback and question policy at SMS. Outrageous.

Good creative crafting to you too, Happy Crafter 2.