Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:48 AM   #1  
lmg
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrapbook weekend

Hi Everybody.... Am going on my first sbw and am soooo excited!!!! Now comes the hard part PACKING
Any idea's---- I was thinking of taking a few kits along that I have purchased and do them up there Maybe a project thought about ( a recipe box) and do it there but didn't know if I'd be better off to get some pages thought up first and do them there...... What if I didn't pack something???????
Would love some idea's I just want this to be fun!!!!!!! and I'm sure it will be but would also like to get some stuff done!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 04:12 AM   #2  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 606 Likes on 426 Posts

I just did an all day crop, it is best to decide what you are going to do before you get there. I did not overpack, but lots of others did. Most people did not touch a quarter of what they brought. I was working on my Disney album. Then I brought supplies to work on 2 swaps I am in.

Make sure you pack the basics, papers, adhesives, stamps, etc. I always figure doing 1/2 a page is better than no page, so I do not bring all my ribbons, embellishments etc, I can add those at home.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I like to make up page kits. For each layout I pack: photos, 2 pieces of matching cardstock, 1 piece coordinating cardstock, 1 - 3 pieces of coordinating dp. If you have time, you could make up embellishment baggies with brads, ribbon, eyelets, etc. I usually do embellishing at home too. For basic tools and supplies, I take: paper snips, paper trimmer, adhesive, crop-a-dile, a sketches book, black and brown pens for journaling. Depending on what projects I'm working on, I may take: stamps, basic ink pads, simple shape punches or templates.

HTH!
Marcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 05:56 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't been to one (YET) but if I did I would use my Cropper Hopper page planners - I just bought more of these a couple of weeks ago because they are just so useful at keeping projects together (before and before - before I assemble them and before I blog them - then I have all my blogging info! LOL)

If I was concerned I didn't have enough projects ongoing - I would probably take some extra stamped images to color in for later use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been to many scrapping weekends (plus all day crops) and take A LOT. I want to have everything I *might* need because i hate half-a**ed pages. Maybe I'm a perfectionist, but I don't want to take home half-finished pages, pages that don't look *done* etc., because I didn't bring the right color ribbon, etc. From what I've seen at the crops I've attended, there are a lot of people like me : ) No matter what, you will have a GREAT time!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 06:53 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Like other posters have said, I try as much as possible to pre-plan my pages... I sketch out my layout, pick out my paper, and maybe some embellishments if i know that i for sure want a certain ribbon or something on the page then pack that with my pictures for that page in this little tote thing (I think I got it at Walmart for like $5). I always plan more pages than I would ever be able to get done. I also save the journaling for when I get home... for me I can't concentrate enough and people are always chatting so it's hard to write something meaningful much less spelled correctly! I do pack A LOT of stamps and my ink pads but that is because a lot of people that come to this Scrapbooking event use my stuff (plus that is a great excuse for me to pack it all with! ) I would make a list of things that you wouldn't be able to function without and make sure you have those (ie: pictures, adhesive, paper trimmer, etc...) anything else you will survive without if you don't pack it with and add to your pages when you get home. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

this is kind of along the same lines

in that they are taking stuff some where else

it might be of some help...

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm going to my 3rd SBW this weekend. :grin: I'm planning on working on my Christmas album. I've got 2000-2006 done, I need to work on 2007.
If I finish that, then I'm going to finish my" regular" year 2002.
I will probably take all of my punches, cutters, Christmas dp's, stickers, alphabets, and regular dp's for my 2002. I will probably have about 4-5 large bags packed! i always take too much!
Reply With Quote Likes