Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #41
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchie View Post
My table is a door! LOL 3' x 7'. I put legs on and a sheet of tempered glass and voila! It aint purty but it works for me. My husband hates it LOL
I have two doors like this in the upstairs. Both rooms upstairs are mine for crafting. We bought cabinets with drawers only for under them and I love them! It's at counter height and every inch is used - in both rooms! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #42
Rubber Obsessor

I don't suppose there could ever be too much room, but in my room, I have an old desk, from some government or school office. It is huge with a lift up spring stand, formerly used for the typewriter, I have placed on it our printer. But it would be awesome to place your Cricut there. The drawers are very deep making this desk superb. Also in one of the right hand drawers, there are slits for holding different papers. THis huge old desk only cost about $80.00 at a used office supply store. I painted the desk and purchased a hutch from another store that has lights. It works wonderfully well. Very satisfied!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #43
Matboard Maniac

If you have a Big Lots in your area, they just started selling this amazing desk- it's huge, almost 6' and deep, but there are two-drawer file cabinets on each side. Really excellent craft desk, the best I've ever seen.
Good luck finding your perfect desk!
-c
Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #44
Compulsive Stamper

IKEA is a great place to look for a table. You can pick table size, color, and legs. Can even get adjustable legs if you want.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #45
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphorse View Post
I have 2 Swedish desks my DH brought home from the garbage landfil...They adjust in height with chain gears...They are very comfortable and I use a drafting stool for my chair...
Do you use this room?? As much as I try I can't imagine my room ever looking like yours. But I love your ideas.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:35 AM   #46
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm currently using a dining room table (hefty, farmhouse-style) that I picked up at the local Rescue Mission store for a whopping $14.00, but my favorite previous worktable was a sheet of laminate resting on two dressers (file cabinets would work, too). You can find it at Home Depot or Lowe's (usually white) and have it cut to size (it comes in a 4' x 8' sheet) Make sure to get the iron-on edging, though, because the laminate is adhered to waferboard and the edges are rough and snag EVERYTHING!

Old 04-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #47
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappin'andGolfin' View Post
Hi Scrapbook friends,
Need some help with ideas about a scrap work table. I was lucky enough to take over my son's room as my very own scrap room! It's painted now (bubblegum pink!) and am looking for the right sized work table. I'm thinking possibly something about 40" by 50" and am having a hard time finding a surface that size. Need help from all the scrap girls!
A flat door makes a great work table (it doesn't even have to be a new door) if you install legs on it. Easy to do with supplies from the hardware store.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:30 AM   #48
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydal57 View Post
I have this table top IKEA | Table tops & legs | VIKA table bar | VIKA GLASHOLM | Table top with these legs IKEA | Table tops & legs | VIKA table bar | VIKA FAGERLID | Table leg with storage

It's 32x63 and being glass, nothing bothers it and it cleans up like a dream.
I have pretty much the same IKEA set up! My trestles are a bit different being adjustable in height and tilt and my tabletop has 'love' on it in a zillion languages but otherwise the same and I love it! It isn't as big as the OP wanted but it is great! And it looks good too! I store my CS in a bin underneath so having a glass table, the light shines through so I can see what I need.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Old 04-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #49
Matboard Maniac

I bought legs from IKEA, and then I went to Home Depot, and got a particle board covered with melamine... I had them cut it in 1/2 lengthwise for me, then the other 1/2 in 1/2 again for 2 shelves... now my table is 8 feet long, by 2 feet wide, and the shelves on top are 1 foot by 8 feet.
I think it cost me about $30 total... the height of the table is perfect to put those plastic 3-drawer units on wheels underneath.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #50
Insane Embellisher

My DH found a great office-type table at the Goodwill when dropping off our donations - works perfectly in my small room!

My little blog: http://lynda-marquez.blogspot.com
Old 04-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #51
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, my room is clean and tidy...I am OCD and it is cleaned up every time I use it!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #52
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchie View Post
Ohhhhhh I have often longed for a hole in my table for trash. It's so nice you have something so special and meaningful for you and especially something that you use so regularly.
You can get one of the Making Memories (I think that's the brand I have) with a circle and glass holder. It screws onto a table top with an open side. I love mine. I use big plastic tumblers for Pepsi and it's perfect for them.

I got a desk at IKEA for $50 in the as is (basically out of season) room. I bought additional shelves. I can't reach the top shelf unless I stand on my chair, but it holds things I have done/made that I don't need to reach much.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #53
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, also, I have my desk set high enough I can sit or stand (I'm short though so not sure someone taller would be comfortable standing but it's perfect for me). I have an old computer chair in there and generally have it set higher if I choose to sit. On the other side of the room, I have a big table that was in my mom's business when she bought it. It tilts, but I have my sewing machine and acrylic paint holder on it. Someone can sit there when I have a friend over or if many friends, I can use my dining room table but am very protective of that one. No eyelets, punches (if they are the Marvy kind), cutting except with trimmers or scissors, etc. I make them go into my kitchen for that.

I have my cricut and cuttlebug on an office shelf (free from work - it was in the recycle stuff). Once I moved those items up there to the shelf, I started using them both a lot.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #54
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by robth View Post
My wonderful DH bought me a conference table at a used office furniture store and it works great!!!!
I definitely recommend a used office furniture store. I picked up a table cheap that is 30" x 60" and that is a good size in my little office/craft room. Or pick up a piece of wood the size you want your surface to be, and purchase a couple inexpensive or used file drawers, and you have a table plus filing space for your papers!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #55
Mad Swapper

Oooo, I love peeking at everyone's scrap space. I actually don't use a table, I use a desk - my Dad's roll top desk. All the cubby holes are perfect for storing adhesives, tools, etc.

Here's the link: The Crop Crib
Old 04-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #56
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkiemonstermom View Post
I think you have some great suggestions here. I will just say after going to a scrapbooking retreat, they had tables that folded up- plastic tops, you know the ones I am talking about. I hated those tables. They had to much bounce in them to get my brad setter to work, I ended up having to put it on the floor to punch my hole. A good solid wood table works best!!!
I agree with this... I use one of those tables and often have trouble getting a good stamped image -- have to put a sturdy flat surface on top of the table to stamp on. Hoping to replace it soon, too. Thanks for the good ideas!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #57
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

I was lucky to purchase a craft work table from a scrapbooking store that had closed.
It's well built, solid, very sturdy & the legs screw off for moving!