Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
Die Cut Diva

Default Saying stamps

I've collected tons of word and sayings stamps over the past 7 years with this hobby. I just got 3 more TAC sets last night - woohoo! Anyway, does anyone have an easy and reliable way to categorize these type of stamps? I was thinking of typing everything out on the computer, but is there an easier way?
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

I stamp mine by theme in my stamp inventory. Typing it up might be cleaner and easier to read, though.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #3
Insane Embellisher

Well, here's what I'd LIKE to do with my word and sentiment stamps...haven't gotten around to it yet! I know you are using unmounted, as I am--Gina K. had a great tutorial on using those 8.5x11 acrylic photo frames with the little leg that stands them up. Stamp an index sheet to go inside the photo holder part and affix the stamps on the outside on top of the stamped image (I would put them above it, to see what the stamp says non-backwards, instead of directly on top of the image). I'd love to have all my words on these, right out on a shelf or something where I could just easily peruse and USE what I have! If they get too dusty being out, I would probably change to a similar system but on those white sheets in a file box that I could flip through when I needed a saying.

Good luck, and I'll be watching this thread for more ideas! I know they are out there...
TAC demo #2239
Old 01-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Kookie Creator

Default Here's what I've done...

I've sorted my word stamps into stampin up storage boxes. I've only been stamping for a year so I can get away with it! I sorted them by holidays, Christmas, birthdays, anniversary, etc. so when I'm looking for a sentiment I look in that box (or boxes - some have more than one). I've also stamped the images on to a sheet in the bottom of the box so I just flip it over and see what's in the box.

I also have a binder with all my images stamped on white card stock and placed in sheet protectors. I can go through and choose a set when I'm ready to play.

I'm interested to see what others have done.

Diane

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
Old 01-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #5
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for your ideas, ladies! I'm really **** about keeping my sets together, so I wouldn't be able (oh yeah, literally!) to put like stamps together in boxes. I'd like a reference sheet or something, so if I'm looking for a certain type of sentiment, like encouragement or inspiration, I'll know where to look. Am I making sense?
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Old 01-13-2008, 04:37 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa LoiselleView Post
Thanks for your ideas, ladies! I'm really **** about keeping my sets together, so I wouldn't be able (oh yeah, literally!) to put like stamps together in boxes. I'd like a reference sheet or something, so if I'm looking for a certain type of sentiment, like encouragement or inspiration, I'll know where to look. Am I making sense?
That's funny! I am usually a*** about separating sets, too, but there are some that are all sentiments (like Sincere Salutations) that I DID separate and feel great about doing it. (I have lots of nonSU stamps, too, creating an organizational nightmare!) But the sentiments from sets like Like It a Latte or Artfully Asian...no way am I separating those, LOL! So the reference sheets in my inventory remind me that, gee, there's a thank you stamp in Artfully Asian, which I'm too ditzy to remember on my own since I have, well, a LOT of stamps!

Good luck!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #7
Insane Embellisher

Why don't you just stamp them by category on sheets of cardstock that you could either affix to a wall or sides of shelves so you can see at a glance what you have and where to find it, since you don't want to separate stamps from sets? It would be a big project, potentially, but you'd be so happy to know exactly what you have and be able to find the perfect sentiment every time! I initially did this with my sentiments, probably 5-7 years ago, and hung the TWO pieces of paper (only) on the side of the bookshelf by my desk. I probably own less then half of those stamps any more, as they are pretty outdated...should re-do...but it was very helpful at the time.
TAC demo #2239