Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2005, 06:12 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber Stamp Festival?????

Has anyone ever heard of a Rubber Stamp Festival in their area? Someone gave me this website www.heirloompro.com to check out and apparently there are these Rubber Stamp Festivals in various areas across the United States. I looked on the list but didn't see Stampin' Up there which is a shame. I may go to the Washington one and check it out. I am looking for stamps with mice on them.

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 06:50 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I've gone to a couple in Spokane before...but it was a different company that ran them. I'm hoping to go to the Heirloom one with a couple of friends this Sept. If anyone has gone to an Heirloom one I would be interesed in their feedback to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 07:02 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I was disappointed in this event last summer. What I wanted was a gigantic stamp camp! What I got was too many people, too few M&Ts, poor classes, and not enough cool products I had to have. The fun thing was going with my demo, but I don't think either of us will go again.

Actually, I would love something more like Creating Keepsakes University, but I don't think that exists for stampers, does it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #4  
A LOST 4400

I really enjoy going to the Stamp Conventions!!! Just the thought....ok back to earth! I am not a demo but see lots of ladies w/their logo bags, etc., they go to see what is out there. I am not an SU purist (sorry mom)
and to see some of the top names in stamping demoing their art (Suze Weinberg, Judith, Stamp in the Hand-Kat and Joyce) is just the coolest!!!
We usually have one in Grapevine in Jan/Feb but it was moved to South Texas and I was so sad!!! It will be here in Arlington in July and again in Grapevine in November!!!! Oh, just the thought is making me all a quiver! If you can go, I would recommend it. I have always enjoyed myself!
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Heidi!

Our city hosts the "Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Experience" every November, the week before Thanksgiving. This past fall there were about 40 different vendors with a nice variety of both rubber stamps and scrapbook materials. There are also a number of workshops over the two day event and lots of demonstrations. They usually have a free shuttle to one of the local scrapbook stores, too.

The following link has a list of upcoming shows in the US and Canada:
http://www.rubberstampinglinks.com/r...nventions.html

As for stamps with mice on them, have you heard of Stamps By Judith? They were the one booth I absolutely HAD to visit at the recent Midwest Scrapbook Convention. I don't know if they're what you're looking for, but they have some really cute ones with mice. http://www.stampsbyjudith.com/ Unfortunately, they don't have their entire catalog online, but there is one posted on this page: http://www.stampsbyjudith.com/Animal...tter_ideas.htm

There are four others in the catalog I have (plus little mouse feet). If interested, I could always scan that page and email it to you.

Heather

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

I have gone to shows put on by this company for the past 2 years in Massachusettts...I love them. I am counting the days until June when it comes again.
I have found that the amount of stamp companies that show up are well worth the visit. The paper companies are great too ...and there are always show specials.
Last year one of the specials was buy 5 sizzix dies and get 1 free or something along that line.
I am saving my money for my favorite stamp show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 07:38 PM   #7  
A LOST 4400

I googled house mouse and I believe their website is

http://www.house-mouse.com

Their mouse stamps are the just the CUTEST things you've ever seen!
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2005, 07:50 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I have gone to the East coast show for the last few years...They are a blast...you learn so much just walking around to all the booths... It's always fun being around people that share the same interests...These shows are more for the smalller stamp companies than the larger ones like SU, according to a woman that owns a stamp store in my area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2005, 04:23 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I have gone to a couple here in Houston (okay, technically Pasadena). They are always great to pick-up techniques and things that are new in the industry. Lot's of pretties to look at. I always discover a new "have to have". This year it was Inky Antics chick!

Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2005, 04:50 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Heidi Kimmerly,
I think the reason you don't see SU! at these shows is because these other stamp companies do cash and carry. You can buy these same stamps in stores. It's great to have them all under one roof so you can check everything out, but not good for a SU! demo. because I can only look! LOL! (I go with several friends and I tell them the only reason I go is to go out to EAT after since I really can't buy anything. That would be disloyal!) :(
You can get some really good deals at the shows!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2005, 04:53 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

I have attended the East Coast Rubber Stamps Festival in Massachusetts sponsored by Heirloom for the past two years. Each year there were over 70 vendors. Both times I have found new and wonderful stamps/products. I did not find many make & takes, and those that I did had long waiting lines. They had demonstration areas, but with 100+ chairs set up and a small table up front, it was hard to see.

I wouldn't say it was great, but I also wouldn't say it was terrible. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. I do plan on attending again this year.

There is also an Auntie Amy's rubber stamp festival coming to Bridgeport, CT, this October. This will be the first time in this area. I especially can't wait for this show because I'm only 12 miles from the arena where it will be held!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2005, 04:54 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Default Stamp Convention web-site

I attend an annual "Convention" and love seeing all the vendors and ideas. There is always a SU rep there too. The site is: www.rubberstampevents.com. The company that organizes them is out of NM AZ area, I think. Try it - you'll like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Rubber Stamp Festival???

Thanks so much for your feedback. It sounds like something I would like to check out. I am totally addicted to collecting stamps and am sad to say I have put my scrapbooking on the back burner for now...speaking of burning I better check my red cabbage I'm cooking....Phew - that was close....thanks for the links for the "mice" stamps - I will definitely check them out..
Have a great evening everyone!!

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

i went this past summer and it was ok. i am new to stamping but have only used stampin up stuff so i went out of curiousity. i did get some acetate sheets and 2 stamps for sympathy cards. i knew what i wanted and i found it. otherwise i wouldn't have bought. but it was neat to see all the different stamps, techniques and SAMPLES!!!!!! i took pics of a lot of things. but i wasn't there but 2 hours i think and walked thru it all two times or more.

so for the diehard SU buyer it won't be much, but for those that buy supplies anywhere there is some cool stuff. my sis did get some nice stufff......i just wasn't buying b/c i was a new demo.
Reply With Quote Likes