Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2006, 04:34 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding commenting in gallery

Ok ladies...in another thread we are being encouraged to comment in the gallery. Some have indicated that they surf the gallery and leave *x* number of comments a day etc. What I want to know is how do some of you choose where in the gallery you will go? Do you just choose to comment only on the most recent uploads? Are there certain members galleries that you always/only go to? Do you go to galleries for sets that you have? Do surf based on techniques?
Just wondering if some of you have a system in place? I love surfing the gallery but can find it overwhelming at times to decide where I want to look next
:p
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 04:43 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

When I have time I search randomly. Otherwise lately I try to comment on those who left comments for me.I do have a few favorites I go to as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:02 AM   #3  
Queen Shouldareadahead

Location: back in a gated community...the twins are mobile!!!!!!!

typically, i go to the new additions. if i am about to work w/ a particular set or thinking about buying it, i'll go to that gallery & comment on anything that interests me enough to open it...regardless of age. sometimes, i go to particular galleries. these are people that i've enjoyed their work in the past & i want to see what they have new.

there's the method to my madness!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:04 AM   #4  
Silky Smooth

I try to go to the new additions everyday, just because I like to see what people are making. I also try to look at the galleries for the sets that I like the most, like Do the Hula. To see what great ideas people have come up with that I would never have thought of.

Peachie Keen Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:15 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup! New Additions for me, too! I try to look several times a day to keep from being overwhelmed by the sheer number of new cards!
The default shows the cards by file name, so I change the option to Date Posted, Descending order, so that all the newest cards are at the beginning. I also do Latest Comment for Last Day to see any cards that are generating a lot of buzz! I don't set any goals about the number of comments I make......sometimes it's only a few, other times a ton!
There are several individual member galleries that I check out from time to time to make sure that I haven't missed anything wonderful![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Cute Idea...would make for a cute item to do at a stamp camp...TFS!

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

If given time, I go to the uploads for the past day. If browsing for a particular technique or stamp, I'll also leave feedback on cards that I reviewed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:51 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

uggg....posted to the wrong thread...now how did that happen????

Ignore me....wishing for that darn edit button!

Anyway....I go to the just added button on the hompage and browse through that way and keep going until I recognize a card I already have seen.

I am sure I miss some still, but try to comment...as long as the site and my interent is being wonky.

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:02 AM   #9  
PAPER SCAPER

I try to look at new additions every day but I don't always make it. And I gaze just about every way you mentioned in your starting post. So I don't have a real set plan. If I notice I haven't seen someone for a while I'll head over to their gallery to see what they've been up to.

When I hear 'I don't have time to leave a comments' I remind them you can hold down the shift key and click on the card thumbnail and it opens in it's own window. Don't open more than about three so you don't bogg down SCS and your own computer. But you can leave the message and continue on in the original window and you're being nice and making someone's day at the same time!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:22 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Smile Gallery

with all due respect to the folks who have galleries, the only time I look (usually) is when someone posts a link in their post.....like if there is a question about a particular card, techinque, etc. Once in a while I just go look, but it is a bit overwhelming, my computer is slow, and I could sit here for literally hours. The work in these galleries is awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:54 AM   #11  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyNurse
with all due respect to the folks who have galleries, the only time I look (usually) is when someone posts a link in their post.....like if there is a question about a particular card, techinque, etc. Once in a while I just go look, but it is a bit overwhelming, my computer is slow, and I could sit here for literally hours. The work in these galleries is awesome.
It's not all your computer, I have a high speed connection and it can take forever to load one photo if the gallery is real busy with viewers. That's when I give it up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

I don't comment every day or even every week, but when I am in the mood to go on a commenting spree I usually pull up the recent additions for as many days as I think I've got time for and comment randomly. I don't comment on every card I come across, but mostly those where something caught my eye enough to pull up the full card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:28 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

i go to the home page and look at todays additions and from there i go to my favorite sets... i case i missed something :-)

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 08:07 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I find cards in SOOO many ways. Obviously, like so many others, the New Additions on the home page is a good place to start. I also click on the links in the challenge forums. I check out the gelleries of the techniques I am thinking about trying. When I add a card to my favorites section I will try and check out the rest of that persons gallery. I go to the galleries of people who make a lot of or just really nice comments on my cards. I LOVE the threads in the General Stamping Forum where people post their favorites of the week and deserving yet "underloved" cards. Occasionally I will randomly surf the member galleries hoping to surprise someone with new comments on some older cards. I guess what I am saying is that I stumble on cards in MANY ways. No matter how I found it though, my general thought is if I like it I comment on it.
Tip: Remember you can easily get to a member's gallery by clicking on the SCS user name/poster name and a box pops up. One of the options is to visit that person's gallery. It is a nice quick link that I really enjoy.
Oh my...just think of all the cards I could have commented on while I rambled on and on here...gotta go. Happy sufing everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 08:33 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

When I first started visiting SCS I used to mostly peruse the individual stamp set galleries, but I didn't really leave comments until I became more comfortable with the website. Now, I mostly view the today's additions and whenever I do I enjoy leaving comments. Some cards I will specifically open to leave comments, but also if I am curious about a card and open it up I usually leave a comment as well. I think commenting is fun and it helps you to get to know some of the people who visit this site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

I go to new additions. Any card that catches my eye enough to click and enlarge it will get a comment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 08:57 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

How do some of you choose where in the gallery you will go? - I click on the 1 day and pull up everything posted for a day.

Do you just choose to comment only on the most recent uploads? - Yes

Are there certain members galleries that you always/only go to? - No I use Firefox so I go through all the pages posted for the day and anything that catches my eye I pull up in a tab. When I get to the last page I usually have a lot of tabs, then I go through each tab and leave comments on each one.

Do you go to galleries for sets that you have? - Only if I'm stuck on what to make with a perticular set.

Do surf based on techniques? - No

Just wondering if some of you have a system in place? - For me it is easier to just click on the 1 day thing every time and then go through the most recent uploads each day.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

I started avoiding the underloved cards threads after I read a post in one that said, "I love this card I made but it only got seven comments!" Seemed pretty galling to me.

Lately I have been finding cards to comment on by opening up all the Random Images that show up near the bottom of the Gallery Home page, looking at galleries for stamp sets, and going to the galleries of people who post in threads about how we need to post more comments in the gallery. I also usually try to leave comments in the galleries of folks who are kind enough to leave feedback in mine.
Reply With Quote Likes