Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #81
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by debhorstView Post
I think if Demo ordered the catalog on the first day they became available for order than they came about a week before you could order from them. I have been a demostrator for 9 years and have learned the key to getting them in a timely fashion is to order them on the first day that you can.
I ordered mine on the first day, and after 3 phone calls to SU! they are still nowhere to be found. They are hoping that my tracking numbers will be in a batch they are expecting today, but beyond that they don't seem to be able to do anything.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #82
Polyshrink Goddess

If you an unhappy with the timing of how the catalogs are released, definitely send your opinions to Stampin' Up instead of just venting on a forum if you want things to change.
Stampin Up! does listen to its demos and customers (online ordering and chocolate chip grosgrain!).

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #83
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph315View Post
Ok, I apologize for my comment about being in a tizzy. I suppose this does affect some demos businesses, and I didn't think about that. Sorry! I think I'm just frustrated by all the nastiness about it going on over on the demo side, and then coming here and reading it too. As a demo, I know that this happens year after year, so I make sure to plan any events at least 2 weeks after the catty is scheduled to arrive. As a convention goer, I do have a copy and this is what I'm able to show customers if they ask. My case of new cattys also arrived last Thursday. My neighbor, who is my downline and didn't order any new cattys, just got her complimentary copy yesterday. From what I have read on the demo side, it sounds like the printer SU uses didn't ship some of the cattys properly. Some have gone out media mail, some have gone priority.

For those that are still having trouble viewing the catty online, check out this website. She has a working link to the new catty that you can view now!

http://www.debbisdesign.com/
Thank you, thank you, thank you for that link - it works!!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #84
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI, I'm not a demo but just found one yesterday in my area after looking her up on my SU! website. I called her and had a catalog in my hand an hour later ~ she even said there had been a steady stream of customers coming by to pick them up. I dont know if its' area, supply, demand ........ but I just found her yesterday and was going nuts trying to find a demo and found her on the day of catalog release, so it all worked out well. I did ask her if she went to convention (in our small talk, sweet lady!) and she dind't - so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm sorry to hear that you are all having troubles with the catalogs though - esp if you preordered them. I hope they arrive soon.
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #85
Matboard Maniac

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofour26View Post
Hi, I just saw my demo added a link to the Spanish catalog. Here is her site, click on stampin up products and you can click on the Celebrando Creatividad, you can download it to your computer. Hope this helps!

Jacquie,
Thanks you for the link! Somebody else posted one yesterday and it never worked. I tried this one and it did!
Thanks again!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #86
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3boysstampin'View Post
For those of you that pre-ordered catalogs, I understand your frustration and think maybe a call to SU! is in order. But, the demos that are waiting for their comp copy, in SU!'s defense, they did say many times they can not guarantee you would receive it by today. Remember it goes bulk mail. And they did give us an out by letting us order a single catalog (yes, I know shipping would be a lot if that is the only thing you ordered). But, it's still a way to work around the issue. I'm not sure what else SU! can do about the comp copy. JMO.
There is something else they can do. They can send the comp catalog to their demos first class instead of bulk mail.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

I am sorry mad I could sceam.... I can't use the link that something posted here.... or the link on stampinup webstie. Thanks let vent very mad hotwheels
When trying ope this http://www.debbisdesign.com/ erro 404 not found what up with this?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #88
Mad Swapper

Hi Hotwheels I am sorry you are having so much trouble I just tried the link http://www.debbisdesign.com/ and I got in no problem....you may want to have another go and see how you get on.

Last edited by jukie; 08-12-2008 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: missing a t!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #89
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
Hi Hotwheels I am sorry you are having so much trouble I just tried the link http://www.debbisdesign.com/ and I got in no problem....you may want to have another go and see how you get on.
I also checked that link in two browsers while Jukie was posting, and it works fine here. Maybe try it again...?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

When I clikck on the link http://www.debbisdesign.com/
and click on catty. I get the Error 404: NOT FOUND!
Your browser cannot find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in anyone know? hotwheels
Old 08-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #91
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Your browser cannot find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in anyone know? hotwheels
The direct link to the catalog on that site is http://www.debbisdesign.com/Pdfs/us_fw_2008_DLR.pdf
Can you access it from this link?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

I would just like to chime in here as well. I have not received a catalog yet, and I know from past experience that my demo would call me nearly the minute she got them. Now I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and still no catty.

I cannot imagine how a company could begin to offer items for sale and not supply their salespeople the means with which to sell? I do not know of any other business that is conducted this way. Even car lots will have brochures and specs on a particular model even if they don't have one on the lot.

And believe me, I'm in no way blaming my demo for this. But how can demos plan catalog release parties without catalogs? Yes, they can schedule them two weeks from now but with the age of Splitcoast to some that might not feel so "new". Not to mention that if the merchandise is for sale now, then demos should be able to sell it now. Thanks for allowing me the 2 cent vent, I just really don't think there's any reason that demos anywhere should be without their cattys.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 08-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

no it open to white blanket page
Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftsView Post
The direct link to the catalog on that site is http://www.debbisdesign.com/Pdfs/us_fw_2008_DLR.pdf
Can you access it from this link?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #94
Pearl-ExPert

i tried this blog link too, it doesnt work. goes half way and gets stuck
Old 08-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #95
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

When I went to this link, it worked fine. I tried clicking on the errors in the catalog, and got the error message, but when I clicked on the actual catalog, it worked fine.
Try putting your mouse on the butterfly, right click, and do an open in new window. Let me know if that works.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #96
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieberView Post
I would just like to chime in here as well. I have not received a catalog yet, and I know from past experience that my demo would call me nearly the minute she got them. Now I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and still no catty.

I cannot imagine how a company could begin to offer items for sale and not supply their salespeople the means with which to sell? I do not know of any other business that is conducted this way. Even car lots will have brochures and specs on a particular model even if they don't have one on the lot.

And believe me, I'm in no way blaming my demo for this. But how can demos plan catalog release parties without catalogs? Yes, they can schedule them two weeks from now but with the age of Splitcoast to some that might not feel so "new". Not to mention that if the merchandise is for sale now, then demos should be able to sell it now. Thanks for allowing me the 2 cent vent, I just really don't think there's any reason that demos anywhere should be without their cattys.

I think that part of the problem is that they can't possibly get them to everyone on the exact same day. A lot of demos were upset last year when things were available online (some here on SCS), and they didn't get to be the first ones to show it to their customers. In debuting the catalog at convention, SU tried to put some of the surprise and enthusiasm back into the catalog for demos. I can't comment on why it takes such a long time to send a comp copy. I know I waited a while for mine last year. But, I ordered a box of catties this year, and got them in plenty of time. I am not one of those people who gets online the moment ordering is available. Also, I am on the east coast, so I can't explain why some boxes are taking so long.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #97
Stazon Splitcoast

[Yes, that work Yahoo!!!! thank so much!!!! Why work the way but not the other way! Just wondering? thanks hotwheels

quote=lynnewithane;10902512]When I went to this link, it worked fine. I tried clicking on the errors in the catalog, and got the error message, but when I clicked on the actual catalog, it worked fine.
Try putting your mouse on the butterfly, right click, and do an open in new window. Let me know if that works.[/quote]
Old 08-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

How do make image big? where I can see them better? Or can you? thanks hotwheels sorry to be a pain..... but thank you.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #99
Gallery Gazer

Hi Hotwheels,
Not sure why it worked one way but not the other--but I was thinking the file is soooo big that maybe your computer didn't like it. Mine locks up sometimes when I am downloading a big Adobe (pdf) file. I just have to close the browser down and restart it.
As for making the image bigger, if you are looking at the Adobe pdf screen, there should be a + near the top of your document. Just next to it, the number in the box is the percent of zoom...try that.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 08-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

[Thank Lynn I figure out to made make bigger........ hotwheels quote=nottoocreative;10903444]Hi Hotwheels,
Not sure why it worked one way but not the other--but I was thinking the file is soooo big that maybe your computer didn't like it. Mine locks up sometimes when I am downloading a big Adobe (pdf) file. I just have to close the browser down and restart it.
As for making the image bigger, if you are looking at the Adobe pdf screen, there should be a + near the top of your document. Just next to it, the number in the box is the percent of zoom...try that.[/quote]
Old 08-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
I think that part of the problem is that they can't possibly get them to everyone on the exact same day. A lot of demos were upset last year when things were available online (some here on SCS), and they didn't get to be the first ones to show it to their customers. In debuting the catalog at convention, SU tried to put some of the surprise and enthusiasm back into the catalog for demos. I can't comment on why it takes such a long time to send a comp copy. I know I waited a while for mine last year. But, I ordered a box of catties this year, and got them in plenty of time. I am not one of those people who gets online the moment ordering is available. Also, I am on the east coast, so I can't explain why some boxes are taking so long.
I don't have any problem whatsoever with SU's decision about changing the release date so demos at convention get first peek. I just feel bad for the demos who are stuck right now because they can't sell products because they don't have a current catty. I think SU needs to work on getting them out a little sooner next time around.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 08-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

I have stampinup question:
why do they make 24 ct. colors penicals? when 48 colors? Why do make 48 ct in colors penicals to match? hotwheels
Old 08-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have stampinup question:
why do they make 24 ct. colors penicals? when 48 colors? Why do make 48 ct in colors penicals to match? hotwheels
The watercolor pencils are not actually in the exclusive SU! colors. Why? Got me! I do think that 24-count is probably the most popular size for colored pencils, though, so maybe that's why they chose that number.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"