Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

I hate to say it, but a good sales person knows what sales tools WILL be available (ie. online catalog, NON retired stamp sets/accessories) and plans around that. Ultimately, this isn't the blame game...it's up to you to determine whether you want to be successful at this or not. JMHO.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #42
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I would guess the SU site wouldn't be so backed up if more demos had gotten their pre-orders in a timely manner and had been able to distribute them to their customers. As it it, most didn't get their catties until late last week, if at all. Just a thought ...
Old 08-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello
can anyone help I still down load the catty......... I have been tried off and on all day! it load page 1 and 2 two.... But next when I open website when down load. I click that and just opens to white page wont do any things.... And dieing here.... sad hotwheels

Last edited by hotwheels; 08-11-2008 at 07:56 PM..
Old 08-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Hello
can anyone help I still donw load catty......... I have been tried off and on all day! it load page 1 and 2 two.... But next when I open website when down load. I click that and just opens to white page wont do any things.... And dieing here.... sad hotwheels
No luck here either, Linda Maybe someone close to you has one?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #45
Die Cut Diva

Default site incomplete of catalogue

I experienced the same thing, so maybe they haven't gotten it totally
downloaded in the computer yet. Even though I have a catalogue ordered
and the demo has it; I have to find a way to get it, and she is 40 miles away, so I wanted to look at it on the internet and couldn't view the last
80 pages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Hello
can anyone help I still donw load catty......... I have been tried off and on all day! it load page 1 and 2 two.... But next when I open website when down load. I click that and just opens to white page wont do any things.... And dieing here.... sad hotwheels

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Old 08-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #46
Rubber Obsessor

I'm a very frustrated stamper today because I've waited and waited and I can't even access the catalog on their site. My demo said she received one catalog, so she can't give me mine and she's not holding a new catalog party until the 27th so hopefully she has received her stuff by then.

I think when you make all this build up to a certain date, you have a duty to your customers to make it so that they can at least access the catalog online - if the slowness has to do with how many people are trying to access, I would hope an organization of this size would have figured this out before now and have added whatever was necessary on their website to accomodate the influx of interest.

You know my local scrapbooking store gets more and more attractive each day...the owner came back from the CHA convention and there was new product in the store for us to look at and buy right away...and there are pictures on their blog of the things that are coming (kind of like the SU catalog I can't access right now).

Hopefully that didn't come off wrong, but I do think that people have a right to voice their frustration in this case...I can just imagine what people have spent with SU in the last year....
Old 08-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3boysstampin'View Post
For those of you that pre-ordered catalogs, I understand your frustration and think maybe a call to SU! is in order. But, the demos that are waiting for their comp copy, in SU!'s defense, they did say many times they can not guarantee you would receive it by today. Remember it goes bulk mail. And they did give us an out by letting us order a single catalog (yes, I know shipping would be a lot if that is the only thing you ordered). But, it's still a way to work around the issue. I'm not sure what else SU! can do about the comp copy. JMO.
SU could pay the post office to ship it to us on time. That really is the only way to resolve this. But the good thing is no catty, no purchasing!! My bank account is quite happy.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #48
Insane Embellisher

Ok people.

I don't get why everyone is in a tizzy. Good grief, everyone will have their catalogs within a few days! SU's online catty is probably being accessed by thousands of people which is why there are download/viewing issues. Everyone will eventually have the chance to view and order from the new catty.

I guess I just don't see this as a huge deal. In regards to the comment that a LSS is looking more attractive, well of course, your LSS will have the stuff you want in stock now. Are you going there today or even tomorrow to stock up? Great! If you're waiting on the new SU catty, give it a day or two and maybe SU will have something that will tickle your pickle.

It's just a catalog.

My blog: Stephanie B. Designs
Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #49
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

You don't have to get why everyone is in a tizzy. When we've waited so long for something new and it's finally here and we still can't see it, it's very aggrivating! I don't get why your NOT in a tizzy, bwahahah! I say this all light-heartedly, obviously, but just let people vent about it, if you don't want to read about it, just don't click on these types of threads, then everyone will get along fine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph315View Post
Ok people.

I don't get why everyone is in a tizzy. Good grief, everyone will have their catalogs within a few days! SU's online catty is probably being accessed by thousands of people which is why there are download/viewing issues. Everyone will eventually have the chance to view and order from the new catty.

I guess I just don't see this as a huge deal. In regards to the comment that a LSS is looking more attractive, well of course, your LSS will have the stuff you want in stock now. Are you going there today or even tomorrow to stock up? Great! If you're waiting on the new SU catty, give it a day or two and maybe SU will have something that will tickle your pickle.

It's just a catalog.
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #50
Glitter Queen

I'm a stampin up demonstrator who preordered my catalogs 2 weeks after the preorder starting date and got them last thursday. Their ordering and shipping has always been exceptional in my 4 years of experience.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #51
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberDawnView Post
You don't have to get why everyone is in a tizzy. When we've waited so long for something new and it's finally here and we still can't see it, it's very aggrivating! I don't get why your NOT in a tizzy, bwahahah! I say this all light-heartedly, obviously, but just let people vent about it, if you don't want to read about it, just don't click on these types of threads, then everyone will get along fine
Well, we're all entitled to opinions, aren't we?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #52
Gallery Gazer

If you all are still awake, I just downloaded the catty in minutes, on broadband!

ETA: I would have attached it but it is too big

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln

Last edited by nottoocreative; 08-11-2008 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: add
Old 08-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #53
Cardstock Collector

Bummer you don't have catty yet, a lot of people are still with out them. You don't have to download it though, you can just view it online.
If you pre-ordered it through your demo- this is something she has know about since pre-orders went active.

I must be really dumb how do you view it without downloading soon as I click on it its starts downloading and it takes hours and then comes up with an error when you try to view????????????
Old 08-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #54
Glitter Queen

Just got my download completed. They say third time's the charm! Looks like it was worth the wait. But Thank God for cable internet. Can't imagine how long it would have taken with my old dial-up.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #55
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
SU could pay the post office to ship it to us on time. That really is the only way to resolve this. But the good thing is no catty, no purchasing!! My bank account is quite happy.
OR SU! could simply mail the blasted things 5 days earlier than they do now-- still bulk rate, just earlier, in a true attempt to have them where they need to be .
Old 08-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been a demo for 5 years. I've pre-ordered twice ... and STILL did not get my catalogs until a week AFTER the debut! (I didn't pre-order this time - not worth it) So please don't think your demo is doing something wrong. This is absolutely a problem with Stampin' Up. I hate to see any demos being "blamed" for not getting catalogs in her customers hands when she doesn't even have hers.

FWIW... I STILL don't have a catalog! I downloaded mine from the website ... I did it around 2PM EST today - it took about 4 hours. I understand it is downloading MUCH faster now though!

Bottom line... I'm frustrated with the delivery process too but just wanted to stick up for those demos who haven't been able to deliver catty's to their customers - it's NOT their fault!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesarappView Post
This happens every year. I was a demo for 11 years. It hasn't changed. I really think they should mail them earlier so that demos have them several weeks before a new catalog comes out. It is unprofessional for a demo not to have a catalog that you can order out of already. It just doesn't look good. My two cents.

I agree! It's embarrassing and uncalled for. Every year WITHOUT fail there are hundreds and hundreds of Demo's without catty's the day it goes into effect. Seems pretty strange to me that this can not be solved.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #58
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Quote:

Well, we're all entitled to opinions, aren't we?
Yes Ma'am! No arguments there

Mine FINALLY finished downloading! I may get to order today after all, lol!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:23 AM   #59
Cat
Die Cut Diva

just downloaded the US catalog and it took less than 10 minutes.

FWIW - i'm on the east coast and my demo had catalogs last wednesday! of course, i was out of town and couldn't meet her to get one, but i'll have one tonight. yippee!

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Old 08-12-2008, 04:02 AM   #60
Embossing Fanatic

I tried downloading the catalogue last night and it took over 2 hours, only to say there was an error and it couldn't open. I stomped off to bed. This morning I tried downloading it and it took about 3 miniutes and I was done and looking at it. I think everyone was trying to get the catalogue yesterday and only added to the confusion.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:44 AM   #61
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by nip4luView Post
I'm a stampin up demonstrator who preordered my catalogs 2 weeks after the preorder starting date and got them last thursday. Their ordering and shipping has always been exceptional in my 4 years of experience.
But, don't you think that these orders should have been shipped in the order they were received?? I ordered mine the first day of the pre-order period and have yet to receive them, when many people waited and already have theirs. I am the only demo left in my area, that I am aware of, that is still without my boxes of catalogs.

A note on the online catty, I downloaded it this morning with no problems. I think if you try early or really late in the day when traffic is lighter, it will download with no problems. At least now I got to see what I'm selling!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:58 AM   #62
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

This happens every year. I was a demo for 11 years. It hasn't changed. I really think they should mail them earlier so that demos have them several weeks before a new catalog comes out. It is unprofessional for a demo not to have a catalog that you can order out of already. It just doesn't look good. My two cents.
Agree 100%
I've been a demo for 3 years and only one year did I have a catalog in my hands before the old catalog expired.... and this year I still have no catty and refuse to spend 2 hours downloading it online.

I think this is an area that SU falls very short, and unnecessarily so - it could be so easily corrected.

When will the online catty be available (the quick and easy kind - not the download)??
Old 08-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #63
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

COMPLETELY agree!
Another thing......some demos have them and some don't so there is a mad rush to find the demos that do, which deeply affects the ones that don't $$.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:02 AM   #64
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Ok people.

It's just a catalog.
This is pretty disrespectful towards demos who make their living selling SU in a competitive area. Having the cattys or not can make a huge difference in their sales.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:03 AM   #65
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannypatView Post
I'm not bashing any of you. However, I do think SU is short on organization. They should have done a better job with getting the cat. out. It doesn't matter that they give the pre-orders or all of them or whatever to the printer. they should be in hands by first order day.
I agree!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryP1197View Post
Not nice at all. Sure sounded like bashing to me.
How is that "not nice at all?"
Oh no! Someone who does not think that the sun rises and sets with SU! The horror!
This is her opinion and IMO she is 100% correct. It is just plain bad business to not have your companies catty in time for the first order day. As a demo that would seriously tick me off. That has a direct effect on my pocket book.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:06 AM   #66
Insane Embellisher

My demo got here catty last thursday. I do agree though, that SU should get the cattys out to there demo's before the release date. That way the consumer has them in had on or shortly after the date. (obviously depends on when demo order them and amout)
Old 08-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #67
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not sure if I have a right to say this after being responded to last night as though I was in a 'tizzy', but it's 7.14 a.m. my time and I have already tried to view the catalog online today and have been unsuccessful again. I'm not in a 'tizzy' just frustrated.

My point about the local scrapbook store is that when they say there is something good coming they either show you the product promptly or they post a picture right away...none of this hearing speculation for weeks on end and then when the big day comes you can't even look at a picture online. I'm sorry, but that IS frustrating.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:39 AM   #68
Pearl-ExPert

I don't have a horse in this race - not a demo, and I know I'll get to a catalog eventually and until then I have my new TAC catty and lots of other online sites, not to mention local stores, BUT

There is no excuse for SU to not have a current catalog in the hands of every demo no later than the day before it goes live. None. They know who their demos are - if it's an issue of who goes to convention or not, then they should send a copy to EVERY demo and one of the perks of convention could be the extra copy with the spiral binding.

I don't understand how demos can be expected to plan events around their new catalogs (open houses, workshops, etc.) if they can't count on having catalogs there? If it's an issue with the printer not getting them out on time, and this has been an issue for years, then it's time to find a new printer that can perform.

At the very least (and I do mean VERY least), the demos should have a separate, secure website that they can access before the live date where they can at least download a copy of the catalog before the main site is overwhelmed by all the customers who are also trying to download.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #69
Insane Embellisher

Ok, I apologize for my comment about being in a tizzy. I suppose this does affect some demos businesses, and I didn't think about that. Sorry! I think I'm just frustrated by all the nastiness about it going on over on the demo side, and then coming here and reading it too. As a demo, I know that this happens year after year, so I make sure to plan any events at least 2 weeks after the catty is scheduled to arrive. As a convention goer, I do have a copy and this is what I'm able to show customers if they ask. My case of new cattys also arrived last Thursday. My neighbor, who is my downline and didn't order any new cattys, just got her complimentary copy yesterday. From what I have read on the demo side, it sounds like the printer SU uses didn't ship some of the cattys properly. Some have gone out media mail, some have gone priority.

For those that are still having trouble viewing the catty online, check out this website. She has a working link to the new catty that you can view now!

http://www.debbisdesign.com/

Old 08-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #70
Insane Embellisher

I think if Demo ordered the catalog on the first day they became available for order than they came about a week before you could order from them. I have been a demostrator for 9 years and have learned the key to getting them in a timely fashion is to order them on the first day that you can.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #71
Glitter Queen

[QUOTE=cbet;10893420]

I don't understand how demos can be expected to plan events around their new catalogs (open houses, workshops, etc.) if they can't count on having catalogs there?QUOTE]

My mom sold for a company for over 30 years and had this problem. She would sometimes receive her show kit & catties the day before her open house. She would put her order in as soon as she received her preview catty & would still have to call several times to check on the status of her order, only to have about half of the order arrive before the open house. Needless to say, this company is no longer in business.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #72
Inking Addict

I am a demo and just received my complimentary catalog in the mail last night. My new downline got hers a week ago and we live 30 minutes away from each other. But honestly, our mail carrier/system sucks. Sometimes we don't ever get the mail.

Unfortunately, my pre-order hasn't arrived yet either. Luckily, I have very understanding customers!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #73
Rubber Obsessor

When trying to get the PDF file of the catalog DON'T JUST CLICK THE LINK!!! That will probably try to load it into the Acrobat Reader plug-in for your browser, and the file might be too big for this. RIGHT CLICK the link and "save target as..." then when the save dialog comes up, put it in a place where you can find it - maybe the Desktop would be good... Then you can have it to view from your computer anytime - no need to view online, unless you want to.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ready2retireView Post
When trying to get the PDF file of the catalog DON'T JUST CLICK THE LINK!!! That will probably try to load it into the Acrobat Reader plug-in for your browser, and the file might be too big for this. RIGHT CLICK the link and "save target as..." then when the save dialog comes up, put it in a place where you can find it - maybe the Desktop would be good... Then you can have it to view from your computer anytime - no need to view online, unless you want to.
This is what I finally tried earlier today, and it seems to be working - although it's been downloading for about an hour now and is still less than 1/2 done (even on broadband)
Old 08-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #75
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

For those that are still having trouble viewing the catty online, check out this website. She has a working link to the new catty that you can view now!

http://www.debbisdesign.com/
Thank you for the link -- very helpful!! If more bloggers who have the new catty downloaded would make it available on their blog, more of us could see it!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

I would start calling SU! if your preorders are not here. Last year my preorder NEVER came. SU! sent me a new box a few weeks later when I realized it wasn't coming.
It's frustrating to girls without catty's because so many others have them. SU! makes the new catty release a big deal and then it's a let down.

Why are they doing this twice a year again????
Old 08-12-2008, 10:15 AM   #77
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ready2retireView Post
I've just posted in another thread on this topic, but that's the process that also finally worked for me. In Firefox, it's "Save Link As..." instead of "Save Target As..."

It took 2 hours & 10 minutes on cable. I'm not sure that it would have taken all that much longer on a phone modem, though, because at no time was the server sending at a rate higher than what a phone modem could have easily handled.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #78
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by debhorstView Post
I think if Demo ordered the catalog on the first day they became available for order than they came about a week before you could order from them. I have been a demostrator for 9 years and have learned the key to getting them in a timely fashion is to order them on the first day that you can.
I did my preorder on the LAST day, the 27th, and got them in the a.m. on 6th;
I did GR box order on the FIRST day, and got them in the evening of the 6th.

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #79
Kookie Creator

The SU catalog isn't going to be able to be viewed online this year.. That is why some of you are having problems. When you click it you are downloading a Huge PDF file which is the catalog.. You will want to save that to your computer and you can view it anytime..

There will be online ordering this fall and that will take the place of an online catalog like their was before..

If you just right click on the photo of the catty you want and save target as.. it will go faster too...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: In a van down by the river..the Minnesota river in Le Sueur, MN

Quote:

Originally Posted by guateliciaView Post
I'm not a demo and I am extremely frustrated with SU. If you can place orders from the catalog on a specific date, then the demos should have the catalogs before that date. What if somebody wanted to have a party tonight and the demo didn't have a catalog to show the costumers?

My demo gave me my catalog at the end of last week and she wanted to place an order today. I was more than happy to have an order ready today so I can get my things soon. The problem? I saw a set that is sold both in Spanish and English and I would like to see the Spanish version before I decide which one to order. My demo ordered a Spanish catalog, but just as it happened with her demo copy of the catalog, it has not arrived. I went on the Spanish website to see the catalog, and guess what? They don't even bother to put a copy of it online. So why offer a product that I can't even see?

I used to sell Pampered Chef and we were able to order the catalogs and have them weeks ahead of time, so the day that the products were available for purchase we could do our job as demos and sell. From a business perspective, I don't think that people are asking too much of SU by wanting their catalogs by today.

Hi, I just saw my demo added a link to the Spanish catalog. Here is her site, click on stampin up products and you can click on the Celebrando Creatividad, you can download it to your computer. Hope this helps!