Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, I love your room! I really, REALLY want an IKEA in my backyard! The closest one to me is a 5-hour drive away, dang-it.

My desk and room are constantly in a state of, to put it kindly, "re-organization." Meaning, I can never find whatever it is I want.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #42
Rubber Obsessor

I'm going for peg board too. Think I will incorporate a bulletin board in the wall so I can keep track of my patterns, etc. Once I start piling things up retrieval is almost impossible. That is my big goal -- to remember where I put it. I am going to use IKEA also -- the VERY inexpensive style. I saw a video of someone's workroom done in cherry. I wish! It was beautiful and VERY neat. Looks like the best arrangement is to have a really organized storage area and them a separate work space. Does anyone have a comment about a two tiered workspace? I seem to do better standing for some things, but sit as much as possible. If I shift my workspace away from the walls, I am going to have to use pulldown electrical connections. DH is wiring his shop with some. Anything I need to know about them?

What are the "must-have" items? This will be a one-shot deal. I am determined to have the workroom finished BEFORE I move completely in. DH wants to clear the basement in the old house and do some renovation so we can list it as finished. If I don't get on the ball everything will just be piled in boxes.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #43
Insane Embellisher

I honestly tried to use the peg board but in the end ... didn't. It might have been that I didn't organize it correctly in the first place. I had on it my scissors, cm cutting shapes, a ruler or two, and other stuff, but I ended up not going with it for this new re-vamp of my room. I found small size photo type boxes worked better for me, for the items that I had on the peg board.

I even had a piece of tubing strung underneath a shelf in front of me to hang things on "s" clips so I would see what I had, but even that got annoying for me. Everything was always in my face and workspace!

I am learning (and so is DH) that my choices in organizing so far keep changing with the wind! lol
Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #44
Die Cut Diva

I have two organizers mounted on the wall to the right of my desk. These hold my ink pads, glitters, EP, and a few loose wood mounted stamps. I have a picture here on my blog and there is a link to the company but the site is under construction.

http://www.ebethonline.com/2007/08/18/corner-office/

I have since re-organized and I have 2 desks, one for jewelry making and the other for paper crafts. Im about to add a 3rd desk for taking pictues, cutting tools and paper racks.

Right now I want as little on my desk as possible. I have lights, a few jars of ribbon and my stamp pad cleaner. In the picture you'll see I have a cabinet under my desk that holds all my cutting tools and small punches, watercolor crayons an sponges. It makes it easy to have nearby but not cluttering things.