Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2005, 10:58 AM   #41
Insane Embellisher

15 January 11, 2005 at 07:00 PM CST
Hello agian, well things are slowly improving. Nath is walking and eating a little more everyday. His kidneys are still working slowly.
Thank God, the doctors and nurses and staff for everything that they do daily. Things are stable for now. Well, please keep on praying and will get back soon !!!!!
Hola de nuevo. Todo esta estable por el moemnto. Nath esta camianndo y comiendo cada dia mas. Sus rinones tambien aun siguen trabajando poco a poco. Gracias a Dios, los medicos, enfermeros y personal por todo lo que hacen diariamente para su mejoria. Bueno porfavor sigamos rezando y nos estaremos viendo pronto.

I have received about 20 cards for Nathian. You guys are the best. Thank you!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:36 AM   #42
Insane Embellisher

16 January 16, 2005 at 08:30 AM CST
Hi everybody! This is Nathian giving you all an update, I just want to say thank you for all the nice messages that you send to me daily. I am feeling better, my father is typing for me, and I am getting stronger. Your prayers and your support are felt daily.
Love Nathian
Hola a todos! Soy Nathian dandoles un informe, solo quiero decir gracias por todos los bonitos mensajes que ustedes me mandan diariamente. Me siento mejor, mi papa esta escribiendo por mi, I me estoy fortaleciendo. Sus oraciones y soporte los siento diariamente.
Con amor, Nathian

Thank you very much for all the cards that continue to come in. Nathian loves the attention! There is one particular lady that is sending one daily. You know who you are and we thank you for your continued thoughtfulness. I haven't had time to take the last batch of cards to him but am excited to see all these cards. Next time I see him I may take pictures of his cards so you can see all the wonderful blessings you guys have sent. Thanks!

Lisa
Old 01-25-2005, 07:40 PM   #43
Insane Embellisher

Here is an update. Thank all of your for your cards. The family greatly appreciates them.

18 January 24, 2005 at 11:07 PM CST
Hi everybody, Nath is doing better. Today he had to go through a small surgery again concerning his central line that came-out suddenly. Thanks to God and the doctors everything came out good. His heart machine is improving after last week issues. There is a new picture of him playing cards with his dad and the nurse. Hope you all enjoy it. I will inform you all as time goes by on his status. Thank you again for all your prayers and please keep praying for the heart to get here soon. God Bless You all.
Hola a todos, Nath esta mejor hoy aunque tuvo que ser operado de su linea central ya que se salio de su sitio. Gracias a Dios y a sus medicos todo salio bien. La maquina del corazon esta mejroando dia a dia, despues de lo imprevisto de la semana pasada. Hay una nueva foto de Nathian jugando cartas con su papa y su enfermero. Ojala la disfruten. Les mantendre informando de su estado medico segun transcura el tiempo. Gracias nuevamente por todas sus oraciones y no se les olvide rezar para que llege pronto su corazon y rinon. Dios les Bendiga a todos. Lourdes

17 January 21, 2005 at 03:34 PM CST
Hello to you all again, sorry that we have'nt been here in some days but Nathian had a little setback on Sunday night. Actually, his new heart device that he has, had a clot and, well, things just got a little bit scare, but now after a few days he is stable again and started to eat and sit-down and more awake and giving us that beautiful smile that he has. Thank you all for all the wonderful messages. God Bless you all and I will try to update soon. We need to pray for his heart to get soon. God Bless you all.
Hola de nuevo, disculpen por no haber podido actualizar el estado de Nathian pero es que el Domingo tubo un pequeno problema la maquina del corazon que tiene, el cual tenia un cuabulo. Por el moemnto ya esta todo estable de nuevo y el empeiza ya a comer, a sentarse y darnos esa linda sonrisa que tiene. Fueron unos moemntos dificiles pero Dios esta con nosotros y ahroa hay que seguir rezando para que nos llege su corazon pronto. Bendiciones para todos y ya regerseare a seguir informandoles del estado de Nathian. Dios los Bendiga a todos.
Lourdes
Old 01-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #44
Rubber Obsessor

Strangely enough I am in Florida and on Friday 1/28 I am interviewing a Peds Hematology Oncology Nurse who works at Texas Childrens. I will send a card back home with her for Nathan.
In my prayers.
JG
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2005, 07:16 AM   #45
Insane Embellisher

Thank you very much!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:33 PM   #46
Insane Embellisher

19 January 27, 2005 at 09:57 PM CST

Hello again, things here are pretty much stable still, Nathian is happy to be stabilized. Because of the fluis retention, sometimes he can get restless, bored and anxious and can't go to sleep and his heart rate increases a bit. The doctors increased his anti-rejecting medication to counter the blood transfusions. He is not able to walk because he is connected to the continuous dyalisis machine for fluids removal, however, he has requested to walk during the next dialysis maintenance period, that gets him disconnected for about 30 minutes. Let's keep our fingers cross, for a donor to come around and again thanks to your prayers and spiritual support, it makes him feel stronger.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:44 AM   #47
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Default Nathian

Our prayers are already with you and a card is on the way. Just read the message. I'm a newbie, so I'm a little behind. remember we care.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:17 PM   #48
Insane Embellisher

A pic of Nathian walking around and his latest update.

January 29, 2005 at 12:50 PM CST

How are you all doing? I am doing great and I got up and walked yesterday for the first time in a week. I can't wait to see you all, hopefully I will get my heart soon.

Love and God bless you all.
Nathian
Attached Thumbnails
p122483_fs.jpeg  
Old 01-29-2005, 11:00 PM   #49
Kookie Creator

Please PM me your address and I'll work on a card to mail out on Monday. All the best to you and your family !!!
Old 01-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #50
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

So sorry! I'll pray for them all! I'd love the address to send a card.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:52 AM   #51
Rubber Obsessor

Praying here also. I'll also try to get everyone a card sent.
Debi
Old 03-26-2005, 08:52 PM   #52
Insane Embellisher

For those of you that want an update

37 March 25, 2005 at 04:16 PM CST
Hello everybody, Nathian is doing great.Thans to God. He is recuperating slowly but in a wonderful direction. Kidney is working good. We got to go out for the first time after 4 months, he really enjoyed it. See the pictures. If everything continues like its going we might get to go out of the Ronald McDonlad House by next Friday. Once again thank you everybody for the prayers and please keep us praying. God Bless You all. Thanks, Love Lourdes
Hola a todos, Nathian esta super bien. Gracias a Dios. El se esta recuperando tranquilamente y en buena direccion. Pudimos salir un ratito el disfruto mucho. Vean las fotos. El rinon esta trabajando bien. Si todo sale super bien como hasta hoy, posiblemente nos iremos a la casa Ronald McDonald para el proximo Viernes. Nuevamente mil gracias por sus oraciones y sigamos rezando. Dios les Bendiga pro siempre, les quiere, Lourdes

36 March 20, 2005 at 11:45 AM CST
Today I walked again and I felt like like Jesus on Mathew 21. It was tough, but not impossible. We taped the walk (16M), so if you want to see me, please download from this address [email protected] - the password is nivianivia. Thanks to you all, see ya soon, Nathian.
Hoy caminé otra vez y me sentí como Jesús en Mateo 21. Fué duro, pero no imposible. Grabamos la caminata (16M), asi que si la quieren ver, por favor bajenla de esta direccion [email protected] - la clave es nivianivia. Gracias a todos, los veo pronto, Nathian.

35 March 18, 2005 at 01:35 AM CST
Hello again to all of you, we are doing really good! We finally made it to the 15th floor, Thanks God, we already have two days here. Things are slowly improving, next Tuesday might be the day we will leave to the Ronald Mc Donald House, we are looking forward to it. Nathian is stable, he needs to gain more leg strenght and for his kidney insicion to get better. Once again, thanks you for all the prayers and good thoughts we still need them. The biopsy came a 4 in a scale of 0 to 6, six being the worst, next biopsy will be on March 30th, he needs to improve but we are doing ok.
God BLess you all, Love, LOurdes.
Hola nuevamente a todos. Nathians esta estable por el momento. Bendito Dios ya estamos en el piso 15. Ya tenemos dos dias aqui y esperamos que el Martes nos den salida a la casa Ronald Mc Donald.
Solo toca esperar a que tenga un poco mas de fuerzas y que su herida del rinon sicatrize mejor. La biopsia salio un #4, lo cual #6 es principo de rechazo pero los medicos dicen que estamos bien. La proxima biopsia sera el 30 de Marzo. Nuevamente queiro darles las gracias por sus oraciones y les pido que sigamos aun las necesitamos. Dios me los bendiga a todos por siempre, les quiere Lourdes.

34 March 14, 2005 at 10:37 PM CST
Hello everybody, well things are still brite. We got out of the floor today and went to the 16th floor so he can distrac for a while. We are in the 18th fl. Nathian still draining some from where his chest tubes were, but they say it is best to get all that fluid out slowly. He is draining from his small incisions from the chest tubes. He got some aire which went to his right side of his chest. Doctors says that time will heal up and medications is given to talorate the pain. If he has a good nite tonight, we might get to go to a regular floor tomorrow during the day. That is our next step, finally out of ICU. Wed. he will have a heart Cath and Biopsy.
I want to take the oportunity to thank everyone of you for constantly praying. I know that where there is more then one praying we can get answeres. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. God BLess you all. Lourdes.
Hola a todos, aun Nathian sigue bien y sobresaliendo. Hoy pudo salir de su habitacion y fuimso al piso 16 caminando a que se ditraiga un poco. Ahrotia estamos en el piso 18. Aun sigue drenando un poco por donde tenia los tuvos en el pecho. Los medicos dicen que es mejor que salga todo el fluido. Le entro aire cuando le quitaron los tubos y pues esta un poco inchado del lado derecho, pero toca esperar a que solo se desinche. Para eso le dan medicamento para aguantar los dolores. Si todo sale bien hoy por la noche, posiblemente nos dejen ya irnos al piso regular y profin salir de cudiados intensivos. El Miercoles tendra un cateter y biopsia del corazon.
Queiro aprovechar para agradecerles a todos desde el fondo de mi corazon por todas las oraciones que continuamente hicieron por Nathian. Se dice que donde hay mas de una persona orando tendremos respuestas. Mil gracias neuvamente y Diso les bendiga pro siempre. LOurdes

33 March 12, 2005 at 05:01 PM CST
Hi! this is Nathian, I got up and walked about 40 feet this afternoon, see the pictures. It is tough, but I am grateful and lucky I could do it. Tomorrow will be 100 days since I came into CVICU, my kidney is starting to work, thanks to God and to you all.
Hola, soy Nathian, me levanté y caminé 15 metros esta tarde, vean las fotos. Fué difícil, pero estoy agradecido y me siento con suerte de poder hacerlo. Mañana se cumplen 100 días de que entré al CVICU, mi riñón está empezando a trabajar, gracias a Dios y a todos.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #53
Insane Embellisher

32 March 10, 2005 at 11:18 PM CST
Nathian's Heart is doing great and his kidney is improving and it will continue to get better, they removed his chest tubes and pacemaker today. Nathian feels good and is hoping to go home soon. His first heart biopsy is scheduled for next Wednesday with Dr. Dreyer, after that he should be out of CVICU to a regular room on the 15th floor. Thanks to all, Chris

El corazón de Nathian está trabajando increible y su riñón está despegando y continuará mejorando, removieron los tubos del pecho y el marcapasos externo. Nathian se siente muy bien y espera regresar a casa pronto. Su primera biopsia del corazón será el próximo miércoles con el Doctor Dreyer, después de esto debe de salir de cuidados intensivos a un cuarto regular en el piso 15. Gracias a todos, Chris.

31 March 08, 2005 at 01:00 PM CST
Biopsy results do not show rejection, now we need to wait for the bloodflow to push the kidney to perform, God willing. Nathian is off the respirator as of minutes ago, he is responsive and able to talk and complain, he sends love and thanks to everybody.
Los resultados de la biopsia no muestran reyección, ahora hay que esperar que el flujo de sangre haga trabajar el riñon con la ayuda de Dios. A Nathian le quitaron el respirador hace unos minutos y puede hablar y quejarse, les envía amor y gracias a todos. Juan

30 March 06, 2005 at 08:01 PM CST
Hello everybody: Nathian is doing very good, the heart is working beautifully. The new kidney maybe having ATN (Acute Tubular Necrosis) which is reversible kidney damage resulting in delayed kidney function. Among other factors, it may be caused by quality of donor organ, time of organ storage before transplantation, or medications to prevent rejection. So, he is in dialysis, tomorrow they are planning a kidney biopsy, just to make sure. Overall he is very responsive and communicates with us with signs and movements.
Thanks again for your prayers and support.

Hola a todos: Nathian esta muy bien, el corazon esta trabajando superbien. El rino puede estar teniendo ATN (Necrosis Tubular Aguda) que es un dano reversible que retarda sus funcion. Las causas pueden ser: la calidad del organo, el tiempo que el organo estuvo fuera del cuerpo, o las medicinas para la reyeccion. Asi que esta dialisis, manana le hacen una biopsia, para estar segura. El responde muy bien con senales y movimientos. Gracias a todos por sus oraciones y soporte. Juan

Thanks again for your prayers and support. Juan

29 March 04, 2005 at 06:20 PM CST
Hello everybody, Nathian underwent a heart transplantation procedure that finished about 6pm today. His vital signs are so good that the doctors decided to go ahead and continue on with the kidney transplant, which will take about 5 hours. Thanks for your prayers and support.
Hola a todos, Nathian tuvo su trasplante de corazon que termino a la seis de la tarde hoy. Sus signos vitales son tan buenos que los doctores decidieron continuar con el trasplante de rinon, que tomara 5 horas. Gracias a todos por sus oraciones y soporte.

28 March 04, 2005 at 04:57 AM CST
Hello everybody, I was informed a couple of hours ago that a donor is available for me and some other patients waiting for organs in the US. I am grateful for you all's support and I love you all. God willing I will be posting an update again in a couple of days. Nat
Hola a todos, hace dos horas me informaron de un donador para mi y otros pacientes esperando organos un USA. Estoy muy agradecido por el soporte de todos y los amo a todos. Con el favor de mi papa Dios les volvere a informar en unos dias. Nat

27 March 04, 2005 at 01:01 AM CST
Hi Everybody, well just to tell you that our miracle day is here. Nathian will be going thru his heart and kidney transplant in about 3 hours. He should be out by late afternoon tomorrow more less. Please pray everybody so things will go great, which i know so it sure will. God Bless You all. Thank You for all your support.
Hola nuevamente, solo para avisarles que el dia milagroso ha llegado. Nathian sera transplantado en 3 horas mas, ahrita son las 1:00am. Para la tarde ya esperamos que todo este bien. Porfavor rezemos para que todo sea un exito, lo cual se que lo sera.
Dios les bendita a todos Gracias por todo su apoyo.

26 February 26, 2005 at 01:33 PM CST
Hi, how is everybody doing? I am doing better since I got the spleen infection, they are giving me antibiotics. Unfortunately, I have several other infections, in my bladder and both IVs, but they are working on it.

I thank you all for writing me continuously and I know you all pray along with me for everybody that is sick. Nat

Hola como estan todos? Yo me siento mucho mejor desde que me dio la infeccion en el bazo, me estan dando antibioticos. Desafortunadamente, tambien tengo otras infecciones, en la vejiga y las dos Intra Venosas, pero estan trabajando en todo. Les agradezco que me escriben continuamente y yo se que ustedes oran parejo conmigo
por todos los enfermos. Nat

25 February 22, 2005 at 11:57 PM CST
Hi again, well Nath got some severe pains last night. Doctors did some exams and told us it was the Spleen. So he is under pain medication for now. We have to wait and see if pain will go away if not an alternative would be an operation, but we hope not. He had high fever last night, too. Well please keep on praying and we hope the heart and kidney will get here soon. God Bless you all.
Hola a Todos, nuevamente, solo actualizandoles las ultiams noticias. Bueno Nathian ayer se sintio un poco enfermo, trai unos dolores muy profundos y constantes. Despues de hacerles examenes dijeron que era el Baso, que posiblemente no rigo bien sangre o algun pequeno cuabulo molesto esa area. Por el moento esta con morfina para su dolor, no se puede hacer nada solo esperar. Si preciste, una alternativa seria operar, pero ellos esperan que pronto le pase el dolor. Bueno hast ala proxima y sigamos rezando profavor.

24 February 17, 2005 at 12:34 AM CST
Hello again, things are pretty much stable right now. Nath is off of his 24/7 dyalisis. Now he has it daily, but only 2 or 3 hours.
That gives him a chance again to walk, walk, walk. Well, we will continue to post on his medical condition and please keep praying for the heart and kidney to get here soon. God Bless you all and see ya soon.
Hola nuevamente, las cosas estan estable por el momento. Nath esta de nuevo sin su continuo dialisis. Ahora solo lo tiene diariamente por 2 o 3 horas y le da oportunidad de caminar, caminar, caminar.
Seguire actualizando la pagina y porfavor sigan rezando para uqe pronto le llege su corazon y rinon. Dios les Bendiga a todos, hasta pronto. Les quiere, Lourdes

23 February 14, 2005 at 02:24 PM CST
Happy Valentine Day to you all from Nathian and me. Things are still stable, we have good and bad days. We were hoping for a miracle today, but it seems GOd wants for us to wait a little bit longer. He will send the heart and kidney at his time. I will be posting you all if any changes. Thanks for the prayers. God Bless you all and hope today you will have tons of love and happiness.
Feliz dia de San Valentin para todos Uds. de parte de Nathian y mia. Aqui todo sigue estable. Hay dias buenos y malos. Esperabamos un milagro hoy pero, Dios aun quiere que esperemos un poquito mas. Seguire informandoles cualquier cambio. Gracias por sus oraciones. Dios les bendiga a todos y esperamos que este dia este lleno de amor y felicidad. Un beso y abrazo, Lourdes.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:01 PM   #54
Rubber Obsessor

I hope you know how lucky they are have you. I'll be thinking about this so be sure to let us know how he is doing.