Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default Questions about being asked to Teach Scrapbooking Class

Has this happened to any one else? Out of the blue, I received an e-mail from somone saying she was with AC Moore and wanted to know if I would be interested in teaching scrapbooking classes using products by EK Success at my local store. This is a dream come true for me as I am a fairly new SU Demo but I have been an avid stamper/paper crafter/cardmaker for 6 years. The person mentioned that she had found my name on the SU website. I do not feel that this is supicious at this point by any means as they have not asked me for money or for any personal information. I feel it is on the up and up. I was just curious if this happens often and if happened to anyone else. I will be paid depending on the class attendance and I don't have to buy any tools but obviously the more tools I show case the better the class will be. I can use the extra money and would love the opportunity to share my excitement about my craft with more people.

As a side note, as this will be done totally indepdent of my agreement as a Demo with SU, I do not think it is conflict. It will be just something I do on the side and has nothing to do with SU as long as I don't try to sell SU stuff at the AC Moore classes or try to sell my SU customer EK Sucess products.

If you have done something like this before I would love to hear your stories and how I can be successful. I have to go through training to be come certified by EK Success
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

I've never heard of anyone being contacted out of the blue like that before, but that's not to say it doesn't happen. If it is a legitimate offer to teach, good for you. I would check with SU about the IDA though. I'm by no means an expert nor a demo, but I did quickly read through the contract and it seems to me this may not be something allowed under the agreement. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but want you to cover yourself so your not disappointed or caught in an awkward situation. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

cindy501......Sounds as if it's for a scrapbook teacher to teach SDU classes. I know I've gotten the same thing and that's what it's for.

The AC Moore stores do offer SDU classes which is a product of EK Success. It's a very specific program of 4 classes each dealing in a different phase of scrapbooking.

If you plan to do it, you might want to check with Stampin' Up to clarify if they would approve your doing the program. You would be needing to push EK Success products and not Stampin' Up. Also since you would be doing it in the AC Moore stores, you would need to push the products sold in the store and not elsewhere.

It's a very interesting program and especially nice for beginner scrapbookers.

Patti
Old 11-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy501View Post
As a side note, as this will be done totally indepdent of my agreement as a Demo with SU, I do not think it is conflict. It will be just something I do on the side and has nothing to do with SU as long as I don't try to sell SU stuff at the AC Moore classes or try to sell my SU customer EK Sucess products.
The last I heard you could not teach at an LSS while being a SU! Demo.. has this changed?

ps.. It sounds fun!!