Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default Question for TAC demos...

After reading a thread last week about how great the new TAC catalog is, I went to their website and found the name of a demo in my area. I called her and said that I would like to buy one from her. When I asked how I would get it from her, there was sort of an uncomfortable silence on the phone. We figured out that we live a good 40min. from eachother. She offered to drive and meet me half way. At that point I explained to her that I am a long time, loyal SU! customer, so I couldn't be sure if I would be placing an order right away and didn't want to take advantage of her--since I've never seen the catalog and my SU! wish list is already a mile long. I asked her if I could send her a check and have her ship the catalog to me. She told me she had never done that before and had no idea of how much it would cost--another uncomfortable silence. I told her it would be fine if she wanted to check with the post office and get back to me. She said she could do it the next day and I gave her my phone# and e-mail. Well, that was 4 days ago and I'm starting to get over my feeling of being so anxious to see this catalog!

I had wanted to deal with someone locally because I hope to become a demo in the future. I always thought it would be with SU!, but the TAC demo program sounds very good and I like their angel policy. This TAC sounded very nice on the phone, but I think either she's not really on the ball or not interested in dealing with me. I live in the Indianapolis area. Is there anyone out there who would be interested in selling me a catalog--quickly!!!

Thanks, Lisa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:12 AM   #2
Stampin' Fool

Bummer, I am from NY, but I think it is not really good to not go out of your way for customers. Demos need to provide excellent customer service.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
Glitter Guru

I had to butt in on this thread, just because my name is Lisa too and I love TAC!! First Lisa (craftymomof4), the demo program is fantastic! I am a hobby demo and love it! My upline is local and I have gotten absolutely ZERO support from her, so when you choose an upline, my advise is to choose someone you can relate to, who answers your questions and is available. I'm sure you'll find many folks like that here on SCS. Good luck with your decision! Come back and let us know what you think of the catty when you get it!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Old 07-21-2007, 05:19 AM   #4
Stampin' Fool

Sorry you didnt receive "a warm cozy" from this gal.
Please let any of us SCS Angels know if we can help you
Karen S
Old 07-21-2007, 05:51 AM   #5
Insane Embellisher

I'll bet she really doesn't do much outside of her town and doesn't know a lot about the ins and outs of doing business.
I got lucky and wanted a catty- my closest demo is 1 hr + away. I emailed her and she sent me a catty and a sample stamp for free!! She has been awesome for answering questions, etc. I put in an order and though I LOVE SU, I am thinking of doing the hobby demo route with TAC. I feel very comfortable with her though we have only emailed
The catty is great- I hope you get your hands on one soon
Old 07-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #6
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Lisa! I am in Greenwood and I have the TAC catty. I am a SU demo, but I would be more than willing to share (if you want to see it)!! I actually got one from a TAC demo here on SCS. I didn't want to contact the demo that came up here in town because I didn't want her to think I would be placing a ton of orders and stuff (because I do that if someone contacts me! LOL!). Anyway... send me a pm if you're close to Greenwood, IN. I'll share!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
Crimping Master

Yep--I'm guessing she's a hobby demo and didn't really know what to do. Sorry you had that experience. If you still need help, I'm sure you could contact one of us here and see what kind of response you get. Then you could decide how to proceed. I guess the good news is, that means that there's room for you for a local business!
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Old 07-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thumbs up

I'm wondering if she is a Newer Demo and has had a chance to know the ropes sorta speak.

She might just be the shy type too.

I wished that I lived near you....But I close by the state.

I'm in Illinois...50 miles west of chicago. If you need anything Just give a holler!!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
Gabfest Goddess

I find, as a customer, that's one of the problems with TAC....not enough demonstrators! I was doing business with a girl two towns over. We always did business over the phone or through e-mails...I never met her face to face. She gave up her position, and now I have no one local to order from.
I suppose if you were representing TAC it would be a plus, because there's not much competition. It seems that with SU! there's a demonstrator around every corner. I live in a very small town and there are a ton of girls I could buy SU! products from![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #10
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Heart View Post
I find, as a customer, that's one of the problems with TAC....not enough demonstrators! I was doing business with a girl two towns over. We always did business over the phone or through e-mails...I never met her face to face. She gave up her position, and now I have no one local to order from.
I suppose if you were representing TAC it would be a plus, because there's not much competition. It seems that with SU! there's a demonstrator around every corner. I live in a very small town and there are a ton of girls I could buy SU! products from![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG]

Yes this can be a problem Not having enough Demo's in your area. But you have to remember NOT all Demo's are listed on the Locator through TAC.

ONLY those of us that choose to purchase a Website are listed there.

So if you can not find one listed their Try calling TAC to see if there is someone closer.

I have Downlines that are not listed in the locator. I am the one that is listed.
My downlines are in IL, MI, MT and GA.

TAC does not have a 800# to call but here is their phone #
785-820-9181
Old 07-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
Gallery Gazer

I signed up under a gal that lived an hour away from me and it was nice but then we both moved and all of my downlines are in other states as well! I worry about supporting them and meeting all of their needs. That's just the way it is and that's probably the norm here for everyone.

The nice thing about SCS is that you will find someone here who is eager to help and click with (I'm sure you have a zillion PMs waiting! ) so it's really the first place to start looking for a demo...either as a customer or upline. TAC doesn't know the difference between those who are hobbists or business folks. On the other hand, there are many gals eager to start but probably scared or looking for a chance.

Enjoy your new catalog!!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
Pearl-ExPert

I understand your frustration! It also seems to me like you were talking to a new or hobby demo who didn't know what to do. Hope you get one soon - you'll love it!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #13
Stampin' Fool

And, we all have to remember that sometimes unexpected things in life happen. Although, you are the customer and shouldn't have to make the second contact...it might not hurt to make contact again and ask if the catty is on it's way, if she will be able to make it work, etc....Then if it isn't going to work out for her to get you one then it sounds like you have found a TON of connections to a catty here and I am sure that with a single e-mail to one of these gals your catty would be in the mail within minutes! Again, as a customer you shouldn't have to do this...you should be taken care of ...but we never now what was happening on the other end of the phone line.

I am currently still waiting on my SU gals to get me a catty and info... and I am patiently waiting only because I am going to be loyal to my word to the one who I told I would purchase the catty from ( she forgot to order catty's- and that was a month ago) and the one whom I am suppose to do a monthly club with (who has not responded to my two e-mails with specific information but in person says she will send it to me). I figure patients at this point means I am saving some $$$$, LOL.

Stamp S'More

Gallery