Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Crimping Master

Default PTI and SU! Color matches?

I am sure this has been asked before, but I am wondering if there is a chart out there with good color matches between Stampin Up and PTI? I am mostly SU, but am considering an order with PTI now that their shipping to Canada is more reasonable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have a chart that shows matches...I'll see if I can find it. This shows only close matches to current SU colors. They may not be spot on.

Real red...PTI pure poppy
Pumpkin pie...PTI orange zest
Old olive...PTI ripe avocado (darker)
Bashful blue...PTI spring rain (close)
Not quite navy...PTI enchanted evening (close)
Blush blossom...PTI sweet blush
Pool party...PTI aqua mist
Melon mambo...PTI raspberry fizz
Chocolate chip...PTI dark chocolate
Daffodil delight...PTI harvest gold

I don't have the last three PTI paper colors, and I probably won't be getting them. I bought PTI paper to see if I liked any of them better than my SU colors or if any of them would be a good replacement for retired SU colors, and I have to admit that I do like PTI lemon tart better than either banana or saffron. But I am very disappointed in how PTI is treating customers and I just have a problem with supporting a company who is so....well....downright snarky to their customers. I will look for great alternatives elsewhere.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Crimping Master

Thanks Diane for your help and input. I've never ordered from PTI before because their shipping to Canada has been outrageous in the past. But, a friend from my monthly stamp club brought in some cards she had made using some of the dies and stamps and I really liked them! I will stick with Stampin Up inks and papers, I love the quality, but some of the cute buttons and ribbon from PTI might go nicely with some Stampin Up stuff.

I guess I can give PTI a try once, and if I don't like their service then I can give my business elsewhere too. Sorry you've had a poor experience.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
Polyshrink Goddess

I love PTI.. I have only ordered a few times and this has been recently so I can't speak to the previous issues. I have only had really great outcomes from my experience. I sent an email yesterday with a question and got a fast response and it was a very friendly reply.
They have a special on July 21st Exclusive Stamp-a-faire stamp set here is their announcement.
Natural Beauties ($15 value). Please note: this stamp set will be available for free on Stamp-a-faire day (July 21st, 2012) to all customers who make a qualifying purchase of $100 or more between 7am EST and 11:30pm EST, limit one per customer. Also note that project samples created with Natural Beauties will be shared throughout Stamp-a-faire day.
I'm going to place an order and get this really nice stamp set. I love their stamps and dies and say, "give them a chance". We all deserve that. ~~~Carol
Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Mad Swapper

I don't know if their shipping to CA is more reasonable now or not, but the ladies on the boards from CA are continually looking for shipping buddies (or have it shpiped ot the US if they are close to a border town) and have mentioned that shipping has gone up, not down.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
Crimping Master

Well, I just tried to order and I keep getting error messages! How frustrating! Oh well, I will try to submit my order again tonight from home. Maybe it is something to do with the server at work.

The shipping has gone up, but now the give you a $20 credit for a $200 order, so in essence you pay less than before. Kind of a weird way to go about it, but I'm okay with that.

Glad some of you have had a positive experience recently. I'm willing to give PTI a shot. I've got $240 worth of stuff I am trying to order! Hope it works tonight from home and that the experience is positive. I'd like to try some of their papers and inks too. What are the ink pads like? Similar to SU! old style or the new foam type?