In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #41
Mad Swapper
 
theresalaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 1,594
Default

Normally I only buy enough for the free shipping but this time (with DH permission) bought more a lot more (to make a few Christmas gifts). I felt so guilty pushing the order button but with DH permission I didn't feel as bad. Can't wait until my stuff comes!
theresalaird is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #42
Kookie Creator
 
annie21211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norris, TN
Posts: 492
Default

I ordered First Fruits & Warm Hospitality, Recipe Box & Recipe box label, Warm Happiness, recipe cards & egg box. Chocolate, poppy and kraft cardstock and first fruits dsp. I wish I could have hit the "I want it all" button and then some!

I'll be buying little to nothing the rest of this year.
__________________
My Blog
SU Shop
Etsy shop - SVG files
annie21211 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #43
Matboard Maniac
 
krisis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 253
Default

I only wanted the ripe avocado paper and ink cube so I combined my order with a friend. None of the stamps "called" to me this month.
__________________
my little blog >> www.sugarbuffet.com

Designing for my Stamp BOX | Caardvarks | Purple Cows
krisis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #44
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Katie018075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
Posts: 628
Default

another month goes by without me seeing much I like at PTI, but my wallet says thank you. But I know they'll rebound with some must-haves soon!!
Katie018075 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #45
Insane Embellisher
 
speanburg4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Moon TWP, PA
Posts: 993
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresalairdView Post
Normally I only buy enough for the free shipping but this time (with DH permission) bought more a lot more (to make a few Christmas gifts). I felt so guilty pushing the order button but with DH permission I didn't feel as bad. Can't wait until my stuff comes!
I am so with you on this. Normally I stick close to $50 because I hate paying for shipping. This month I placed my little $55 order for paper and ribbon, then got DH permission to place another order. I got the recipe set(with label), Warm Happiness, 3 sets of recipe cards, 3 egg boxes, and some more ribbon. I showed DH the recipe boxes and said I could make those for all the women in our families. He didn't seem excited. So I asked him why and he said he didn't think his family would have a use for "another" recipe box. Although he said they would love it because I made it, but they probably wouldn't use it. He said I should treat myself and order the set anyway! What a sweet guy!!
__________________
Jennifer
speanburg4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #46
Die Cut Diva
 
babydal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,656
Default

You all are BAD!!!

I'm a SU demo and I just placed my first PTI order. I got Silent Night, Poppy CS, ink, and ribbon and Ocean Tides CS, ink and ribbon. And some of that lucious midnight blue shimmer CS for my Christmas cards.

Bad, bad, bad!!!
babydal57 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #47
Mad Swapper
 
Judyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 1,602
Default

I was really hopeful about the Silent Night set, but when I saw the whole thing, I didn't want it. I'll have to see what others do with it.

I didn't get any of the additions sets, as I don't have the first part of those sets and wouldn't need the additions.

I am with Emili, it's a lot to be released every month. Nichole knows, if she releases it, people will buy it. I only order when I have $50.00 worth of stuff, so I can qualify for the free shipping. I refuse to buy any paper until I can use up what I already have. (I am being mature and deliberate). It seems like a good incentive to create, eh? But I just don't seem to be working through my stash. Maybe if I scrapbook more, I'll use it up faster than I do with cards.
__________________
Stamping is a Dirty Job
Judyw is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #48
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
cindy_canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 2,460
Default

The ones with the mittens and flourishes is my favorite. I have never gotten any PT set so far, though, because they do contain a lot of sentiments and I pretty much only stamp in French, so this is an issue for me. I do enjoy seeing what everybody else is making with these sets, though!

Cindy
__________________
Cindy
French-Canadian SU! Demo and Fan Club member

Visit my gallery! ... or my blog (Yes, I caved!)
cindy_canada is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #49
Mad Swapper
 
theresalaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 1,594
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
I am so with you on this. Normally I stick close to $50 because I hate paying for shipping. This month I placed my little $55 order for paper and ribbon, then got DH permission to place another order. I got the recipe set(with label), Warm Happiness, 3 sets of recipe cards, 3 egg boxes, and some more ribbon. I showed DH the recipe boxes and said I could make those for all the women in our families. He didn't seem excited. So I asked him why and he said he didn't think his family would have a use for "another" recipe box. Although he said they would love it because I made it, but they probably wouldn't use it. He said I should treat myself and order the set anyway! What a sweet guy!!

He does sound like a sweet guy! One of my ideas was to make one for my new sister in law to be for her shower. I thought it would be fun to send a recipe card in each invitation so that everyone can fill out their fav recipe. I'm not sure if I would include a stamp with it so they could send it to me before the shower or have them bring it to the shower. But I thought it would be a nice start to their life together and a nice keepsake as well. Enjoy your stuff when it comes.
theresalaird is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast
 
sprtchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wait! Let me check my barcode.....
Posts: 10,517
Default

My cart is loaded up with everything...but I have not pushed check out yet...
Blessings.
__________________
Amber Shaw
sprtchick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 AM   #51
Mad Swapper
 
pasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,983
Default

I put my order in at midnight and just got the email that it shuold arrive tomorrow! I'm so excited to have things to play with over the weekend.
pasco is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #52
Insane Embellisher
 
speanburg4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Moon TWP, PA
Posts: 993
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresalairdView Post
He does sound like a sweet guy! One of my ideas was to make one for my new sister in law to be for her shower. I thought it would be fun to send a recipe card in each invitation so that everyone can fill out their fav recipe. I'm not sure if I would include a stamp with it so they could send it to me before the shower or have them bring it to the shower. But I thought it would be a nice start to their life together and a nice keepsake as well. Enjoy your stuff when it comes.
I like that idea. My sister-in-law had a Pampered Chef shower and the invitation had a recipe card in it for everyone to fill out. We just brought it with us to the shower.

I was thinking this would work for a cookie exchange, too. We just moved to Pittsburgh from Seattle this summer and a cookie exchange would be a great way to get to know the neighbors. I could have everyone bring 2-4 dozen cookies and the recipe. Then I could fill out the cards afterwards and use my BIA to make a little book out of all the recipes and give one to everyone. Now I wish I had ordered more recipe cards!!
__________________
Jennifer
speanburg4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #53
Kookie Creator
 
pegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
I like that idea. My sister-in-law had a Pampered Chef shower and the invitation had a recipe card in it for everyone to fill out. We just brought it with us to the shower.

I was thinking this would work for a cookie exchange, too. We just moved to Pittsburgh from Seattle this summer and a cookie exchange would be a great way to get to know the neighbors. I could have everyone bring 2-4 dozen cookies and the recipe. Then I could fill out the cards afterwards and use my BIA to make a little book out of all the recipes and give one to everyone. Now I wish I had ordered more recipe cards!!
That is such a nice idea to make a little book for the guests. I threw a shower and did a recipe box (we did a book) like you guys. It was a big hit. And I know my friend really cherishes it. For favors, we had heart shaped cookie cutters with a cookie recipe tag attached.
pegg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #54
Polyshrink Goddess
 
jennelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 698
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
I like that idea. My sister-in-law had a Pampered Chef shower and the invitation had a recipe card in it for everyone to fill out. We just brought it with us to the shower.

I was thinking this would work for a cookie exchange, too. We just moved to Pittsburgh from Seattle this summer and a cookie exchange would be a great way to get to know the neighbors. I could have everyone bring 2-4 dozen cookies and the recipe. Then I could fill out the cards afterwards and use my BIA to make a little book out of all the recipes and give one to everyone. Now I wish I had ordered more recipe cards!!
Did you order the PTI cards? You will get 100 in the package, so you should be good!

Where in Pittsburgh did you move to? I just moved from Cranberry in August - there are several things I already find myself missing! I hope you find it as great of a place as we did.
__________________
~ Jennifer Ellefson
Created From Paper, a paper crafting blog
jennelf is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #55
Insane Embellisher
 
speanburg4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Moon TWP, PA
Posts: 993
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
Did you order the PTI cards? You will get 100 in the package, so you should be good!

Where in Pittsburgh did you move to? I just moved from Cranberry in August - there are several things I already find myself missing! I hope you find it as great of a place as we did.
I did order the PTI cards. 3 sets. But I also bought 3 egg boxes to make recipe boxes for gifts. I thought I would use one set for each box. I guess I could put fewer cards in the recipe boxes and use the leftovers for a cookie exchange.

Actually, I started a thread about moving to PA back in February/March that you responded to. We ended up moving to Moon Twp. But then you went and moved!! Darn! We are still adjusting, but we like it so far. The leaves are beautiful right now!!
__________________
Jennifer
speanburg4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off