Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2017, 04:24 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problems with Scrap-Mart???

Has anyone had problems lately with Scrap-Mart. They seem to be out of business meanwhile I placed an order back in May and they never shipped it. I've tried calling many times but their voicemail is full so you can't leave a message. I've emailed at least 4 times and have not gotten an answer. I finally had to go to my bank and open a dispute (since they took my money!). I've been ordering from them for years so I can't imagine why they aren't responding.

I just got notification from my bank; Scrap-Mart is claiming they shipped my order. Their on-line store is closed right now but the last time I checked on my order it said "pending". They are totally lying about shipping it.

Hope no one else is having problems with them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry you are having these issues, I have never purchased from them, but I hope you get the issue rectified.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, that's really frustrating. Their site says it's down for maintenance but who knows. I've never ordered from them, but they were at the northern Virginia Stamp & Scrapbook Expo in June, and are listed for the August Expo in NJ, in case you're anywhere near there. Good luck!

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Seems to be a old problem: Anyone have problems with Scrap-Mart.com??? by pricecheck at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I pre-ordered a Lawn Fawn die back in February and they said it would be available in about 30 days. I didn't receive it for 3 months. No shipping notification, nothing. I contacted them via email on their site and they responded, but told me their initial shipment was shorted and I'd have to wait for a new shipment. I won't order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 01:24 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

I am wondering if they have shut down, also. I ordered an item from them a month or so ago and I did get it, but it took a month. Not like them. Then went on site and got the message about maintenance . Their sister site scrap 2u has had that maintenance message up for months. I have ordered from them for years. Really liked them. Hope someone can find out what is going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 01:44 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

After a lot of research I found that Scrap-Mart did shut down. I don't know how many people didn't get the order they paid for but I know I didn't get mine. The owner is Howard Doss and I believe he is still going to Scrapbook Conventions under the name Justrite Papercrafts. I contacted Justrite Papercrafts and they claim there is no association with Howard Doss or Scrap-Mart but my canceled check shows it to be cashed by Justrite Papercrafts/Scrap-mart. I'll still disputing my claim to try to get my money back. It's really too bad because they were a great on-line store at one time. If anyone knows how to get in contact with Howard Doss please let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 10:26 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow! That's just awful! I'm so sorry you have had this happen. I just saw something for a link or ad to Justrite Papercrafts. Knowing your experience I'll never shop there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #9  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

What are your options when a company goes out of business? I think that the companies they owe money to get first dibs. I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseysbView Post
After a lot of research I found that Scrap-Mart did shut down. I don't know how many people didn't get the order they paid for but I know I didn't get mine. The owner is Howard Doss and I believe he is still going to Scrapbook Conventions under the name Justrite Papercrafts. I contacted Justrite Papercrafts and they claim there is no association with Howard Doss or Scrap-Mart but my canceled check shows it to be cashed by Justrite Papercrafts/Scrap-mart. I'll still disputing my claim to try to get my money back. It's really too bad because they were a great on-line store at one time. If anyone knows how to get in contact with Howard Doss please let me know.
Justrite Papercrafts is a stamp brand that Scrap-mart sells. I don't believe they are affliated with Howard other than he buys their stamps. He also stocks other brands. They are usually at Stamp & Scrapbook expo as well as the Creating Keepsakes under the name Scrap-mart not Justrite. I hope you can track him down. I saw them at two shows this year. In one of the classes, there was supposed to be a free stamp but they claimed they did not receive yet and they would send it later or we could choose a stamp from their booth. I knew how they operated so I chose one from the booth. I ordered from them 3 times before. Twice it was great. Good prices and got my order in timely manner. In the last order, one stamp was out of stock and they claimed they would send it when they received it. Two months went by and nothing. I called and emailed and got nothing. I had to put in a Paypal claim, and won that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivifyView Post
Justrite Papercrafts is a stamp brand that Scrap-mart sells. I don't believe they are affliated with Howard other than he buys their stamps. .
I would say you're probably right but when goggling Scrap-Mart and Justrite Papercrafts I found information that Howard is the owner. Also, the check that was issued from my bank shows it went to Justride Papercrafts/Scrap-Mart and CASHED by Justrite Papercrafts/Scrap-Mart so there is definitely some association between the two. I believe they also own "DieDeals" where they buy really cheap dies from China that you can easily buy on Ebay for a few dollars and then Die Deals charges 4 times more. I understand companies are in business to make money but that is taking advantage IMO. I can almost bet Howard will be at the next convention giving classes for Justrite Papercrafts. I wouldn't pursue this as much as I am but $73 dollars is a lot to be out!! I've escalated my dispute against Scrap-Mart so time will tell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

I think the only option is to go to your form of payment (like PayPal or your bank) which is what I'm doing. Scrap-Marts response from the dispute was they already shipped my order which is big LIE because I had been trying to get in touch with them for weeks to find out when it would be shipped or to get a refund. Never answered my emails and then one day they were GONE from the Internet and Facebook.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 01:19 PM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

They are going to be at the Edison, NJ show this weekend, and they are listed in the vendor section as Scrap-Mart/Justrite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Thank you for that! Everyone keeps telling me there is NO connection between Justrite and Scrap-Mart . . .hmmmm, really?? They share the same bank . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Ugh. I hate when this happens. That is a chunk of money! :( I hope you get it back.

I have ordered quite a bit from them over the years. I have recommended them. They had a relationship with Spellbinders to do clearance for them so would have great prices on their old dies. I got my Layering dies there on a sale when they were expensive...

My gripe with them again and again was the packaging. Oh gosh...you drop a good penny on dies, and I at least do NOT want to get them in the thin cardboard priority mail envelopes without any protection-just wedged in there. Almost bent-packaging definitely bent to fit in. Which I told them more than once.

Justrite....hmm. There was a time we thought Justrite was closing, and then we were stilling seeing them around...did ScrapMart buy them? I cant remember. I think someone did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

sorry dup post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2017, 07:52 PM   #17  
Glitter Queen

They were the place to go if you wanted great buys on Spellbinders. I have recommended them to countless people and bought from them for at least 5 years. I wasn't even concerned when my ordered wasn't shipped right away because they've been slow before when they had big discount sales. But after a month I started getting concerned not about losing the money but that they were going to cancel the order and refund my payment (oh how I wish they had!). Now I would take the dies OR the money :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I ordered 1 time from Scrap-Mart several years ago. Never again. It took monthsto get my order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

I too have been waiting for the rest of my orders!!! I have tried to call, sent emails, and no resolution. At one point they sent a few items, none of which I would use or what I ordered. When I emailed about returning them and having them send what I ordered, no response. This has gone on since the end of April!!! It was three rather large orders and I still had 5 outstanding items! It's been so frustrating and I guess I will have to see if I can file a dispute. What a loss! It's frustrating when they take your money, and never send the product or reimburse you. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

I'm sure we're not the only ones . . it was around the end of April, beginning of May when they started going out of business and decided not to complete the orders. I think they "over sold" what they had in inventory and then just walked away from the business leaving us hanging. Yes, file a dispute before it's too late! Good luck. I had to escalate my dispute because they claimed they the order was shipped and I received everything. Nope, never got it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2017, 06:05 AM   #21  
Glitter Queen

I am very sorry to read these posts about problems with Scrap-mart.com. I have ordered from them for YEARS and have always experienced superb customer service. I really appreciated their discounts! So sad if they are truly out of business...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had ordered from Scrap Mart for a number of years with no problems. My last order at the beginning of the year took two and a half months before I received it. Scrap Mart were at the Scrapbook Expo back in April in Milwaukee. A week later when I tried to access their website it stated that it was down for maintenance. I am sorry to hear about your problems with Scrap Mart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseysbView Post
I looked on my old phone contact snd I had this email address. I don�t know if they are still using it, but you could give it a try.

I'm bummed to hear about them closing. I ordered from them for many years. They always had great prices and great service. Sorry to hear it went downhill.
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #24  
Glitter Queen

Thank you but there's nothing left of Scrap-Mart; it's closed and no longer doing business. I too am sad they are no longer around; I ordered from them for years and got some great prices. Wonder what happened that made them shut down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #25  
Cardstock Collector

Default Scrap-Mart

Yes, I am also having problems with a Scrap-Mart order. I never received my order from 4/14/17. I saw them at a CKC show, talked with them, and gave them a copy of my order confirmation. I was told that it would be taken care of. It is more than 4 months later, and I have still not received my refund.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #26  
Glitter Queen

They are no longer in business so you most likely won't get it. File a claim with your CC or Bank before it's too late. I finally got my money back by filing a claim otherwise I'd be out $73.
Good luck - hope you get something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #27  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ink BunnyView Post
Yes, I am also having problems with a Scrap-Mart order. I never received my order from 4/14/17. I saw them at a CKC show, talked with them, and gave them a copy of my order confirmation. I was told that it would be taken care of. It is more than 4 months later, and I have still not received my refund.
How do people do that? We hired a company to put a roof on our deck, and screen it in. I should have known there was a problem when the first crew quit. Then they started whichever crew had an extra guy that day. Took forever to finish it, but they did finish eventually. We found some flaws. Had a guy look at it, and found more flaws. Got the foreman to the house. He let me walk around, showing him everything that was wrong, writing it down, saying yes, we can fix that. Here�s what we can do here. Very nice. Then we didn�t hear from him for three weeks. Started calling....found out they went out of business. The man lied to my face saying he was going to fix things.
Reply With Quote Likes