Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   What is Bazzill paper? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/what-bazzill-paper-t24418.html)

JoanK 01-17-2005 04:59 AM

What is Bazzill paper?

Hi!
Over the past several days, I've read several references to Bazzill paper. What exactly is it? A kind of paper or a brand name? It seems that everone compares it favorably to SU paper. Thanks in advance for your help.
JoanK

MICHELLE WOODERSON 01-17-2005 05:13 AM

Bazzill is a brand of cardstock and now other matching items also like brads, etc. It has a wonderful linen texture to it and comes in a bazillion cool colors. It ranks high on scrapbookers best cardstock to use. Now that SU has the canvas stamp, you can get that same textured look but still stamp a nice image over it.

seewah 01-17-2005 05:24 AM

Here is a link to Bazzill's website ... you can view all the colors they have available:

http://www.bazzillbasics.com/

:D

ssummerer 01-17-2005 06:22 AM

Just one more thought. Since the paper actually is textured, it is very hard to stamp on. It looks really nice as the background or for layers though.

celticfish 01-17-2005 06:39 AM

Not all Bazzill is textured! The colors from the monochromatic packs/line are the linen weave, and they've made some other shades in the linen also, but the majority of their cardstock is smooth. They also have a subtle coruduroy texture that is easier to stamp on than the linen weave. All colors labeled "Chatterbox" are the corduroy texture.

It is a very heavy cardstock, so I find it hard to get a good smooth crease in as a card base, but it does give a lot of visual interest for layers. It's kind of hard to die-cut with a QuicKutz, too, because of the weight. The upside is that it's sturdy, archival, comes in a gazillion colors, and nothing makes for a better torn edge.

kendra 01-17-2005 07:19 AM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bazzill for scrapbooking. Outside of SU cardstock, it's what I use the most for scrapbooking. It makes wonderful pages with lots of texture. Besides the matching Chatterbox line - they have also come out with paper matching KI Memories, Scrapworks and Doodlebug printed papers. They are beautiful! Scrappin' Deals had the whole collection -- www.scrappindeals.com. I don't use Bazzill much on cards because I usually just like SU for that. HTH, Kendra

JoanK 01-17-2005 10:22 AM

What is Bazzill Paper?

Thank you all so much for all the information on Bazzill paper. I'm heading for the websites now to check it out.
JoanK

Soozie4Him 01-17-2005 10:46 AM

It's all the rage for scrapbooking and is the NICEST quality!! The textured stuff is only textured on one side, so you could stamp on the other. And you *can* stamp on the textured side, just gives a different look. There are a gazillion colors, like everyone has mentioned. I have quite a bit of Bazzill in 12x12 and some in 8.5x11. When I started stamping, I figured I could use the 8.5x11 for cardmaking and stamping, but I just haven't done it, since I'm an SU demo and I use SU cardstock and matching SU inks.

But if you're scrapbooking, it's awesome! And like everyone else said, they've made some to coordinate w/ Doodlebug, Chatterbox, etc patterned papers.

Susan

Stinkin' Stampin' 07-07-2012 06:02 AM

Does anyone know if they have an outlet store? I live in AZ and they are located in Chandler, AZ.

canada goose 07-07-2012 04:36 PM

What is Bazzill paper

Bazzil does have a garage sale once a year, but unfortunately I am not able to attend as I am a snowbird.We winter in Mesa.

My fav place to buy and the biggest selectionof Bazzil paper is at Scrapbooks etc. Now known as ETC which is in Mesa at the corner of University and Lindsey. It is also owned by the wife of the owner of Bazzill paper.They carry a humongus amount of patterned paper as well, and cover just about any designer of patterned paper and cardstock.

Cheery Lynn a division of Dies Direct is also located in Phoenix.

steubner 07-08-2012 01:05 AM

Bazzill also just launched a new line called Card Shoppe that is smooth and thicker than their other CS. It's fabulous!!!

jeanstamping2 07-08-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssummerer (Post 240691)
Just one more thought. Since the paper actually is textured, it is very hard to stamp on. It looks really nice as the background or for layers though.

They also carry Smooth Bazzill Cardstock too.

Smoothies Cardstock | Bazzill Basics Paper

debrag4037 07-09-2012 03:23 AM

Many places online sell this cardstock. I love it for card bases myself!
Debra

misschameleon 08-05-2013 07:47 PM

Bazzill basic Wedding cardstock

Thanks for the heads up on Bazzill. I am looking for some good white types of paper for some white on white cards. The Wedding multi-pack 30 pack seems like the thing to get but I worry it might be too thick. Any comments welcome?