Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thoughts on how to part with a lifetime collection... aka hoard :)

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to sell off thousands upon thousands of sheets of scrapbooking paper? These are the high quality paper and brands from when we would buy invidual 12 x 12 sheets from our local scrapbook stores. I'll have to snap a pic to include so people can understand what I'm dealing with! I have everything stored in those 12 x 12 Iris Containers - by Brand. For Example - The high quality Bazzill scrapbooking paper before American Crafts bought it. Containers of Doodlebug. My Minds Eye. Little Yellow Bicycle. Imagainisce. October Afternoon. Jillibean Soup. Heidi Grace. And then I have containers full of hundreds of sheets by theme like Fall, Christmas, Halloween, Camping, Vehicles, Wedding, Birthday, Baby Boys, Baby Girls, Kids, Summer, Space, etc. On top of all those, I also have the coordinating scrapbooking embellishments for several of the lines.

I am moving in a week and would hate to put this all in storage knowing it will likely never get used. I'm not interested in making back all the money, I know some of the brands and styles are outdated. I just have no idea what to do with all of it.

Would you sell them off in full boxes of large flat rate with invidiual themes or assorted themes? Or sell them off in smaller packs? I have friends in the CPS school system I can donate a lot too as well. I just don't know how people feel about Baby Boy Assortments or Wedding Assortments!

Any thoughts? Maybe I'll put together some full boxes of paper with coordinating embellishments and put them up here and see if anyone has interest? My scrapbooking days are behind me and I think I've accepted that. Cardmaking has been my thing for the past 10 years or so!

I also live in the heart of Chicago and people don't have yard sales and I don't know any other crafters in the area.

Last edited by Catherine773; 11-24-2019 at 09:12 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

It's easier to ship in 6x6 (and cheaper) so maybe cut it down and sell stacks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I agree with Lydia...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 04:03 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6x6 is good for cardmakers, but not so much for scrapbookers who want full 12x12 sheets, especially if they are those full-image backgrounds.

So, tip #1: when the calendar store goes to 50% off, go grab some of the calendar wrapping envelopes. They SHOULD be larger than 12x12... and they should be about 50 cents each. This will let you ship smaller quantities of paper in a sturdy mailer for a less-than-priority-mail rate.

Tip #2, if you know some of the older lines for which you have embellishments and a bunch of paper, check out completed sales on eBay for the lines. You may get lucky and find you have some that are highly sought after. Then I'd go with selling them on eBay.

Tip #3, donate whatever you want to donate. Don't worry about whether kids will "get" the wedding or baby boy themes. Kids are a heck of a lot more creative than adults because they're not yet so boxed into their thinking, so they will be just fine repurposing themed paper in ways you and I would never dare.

Tip #4, let it go. It's SO hard, I know. Believe me. I'll do a purge, I'll set stuff aside because I should sell it, and it sits. and sits. and sits. And then one day, I finally have had enough and I toss it, and I die a little inside, knowing how much money and waste is in that action. But I can't tell you a single thing I've tossed that I wish I hadn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 05:02 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

If you just want it to go to a good home where it'll be used, Tammy at Renwick Inn http://renwickinn.com/ would take it. It's about an hour southwest of Chicago. She has a collection of stuff (papers, stamps, etc.) that scrapbookers/cardmakers/papercrafters can use/take to use in their projects. I was there at the end of Sept. and found a few sheets of scrapbook paper that I'm making cards out of.

You could also check in to donating it to schools, churches, or women's shelters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 05:22 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the same boat, as far as moving.
I started a while back, by cutting my 12x12 down to 6x6 sizes.
And putting them into 6x6 storage containers.
I store them by themes, colors.

It has worked out great for me. I use the paper more.

See attached photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Thoughts on how to part with a lifetime collection... aka hoard :)-fb_img_1536102797413.jpg  

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 01:55 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I get the impression that a lot of scrapbook paper these days is getting used to cover boxes and make "pre-made just add photos" albums which are sold or given as gifts. That sort of thing needs whole sheets. I'm not sure whether people doing that are likely to buy older styles of paper though.
I don't have that much paper but I am forever trying to reduce my books a bit. I reason that I got pleasure buying them, as you probably did buying the paper. There are a lot of worse things we could have done with the money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 02:11 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Another thought- Etsy might be a better place to sell these things rather than Ebay, as it is focused on craft materials and finished products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:15 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I might be interested in the Doodlebug, if you want to send me a PM. The shipping might be prohibitive, though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:16 AM   #10  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post

Tip #4, let it go. It's SO hard, I know. Believe me. I'll do a purge, I'll set stuff aside because I should sell it, and it sits. and sits. and sits. And then one day, I finally have had enough and I toss it, and I die a little inside, knowing how much money and waste is in that action. But I can't tell you a single thing I've tossed that I wish I hadn't.
I can't find the article now, but it changed my life - it's about the sunk cost fallacy - definition here - we hang onto things, relationships and habits we shouldn't because of it. When I re-did my craft room and got rid of 90% of what I had I finally understood what a burden that fallacy is. I've been a million times more productive and satisfied since!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Great suggestions so far. My recommendation: for papers with large designs, list lots of 12"x 12" paper that fit into a medium, priority flat rate, side opening, box here, on Ebay, Facebook and/or Etsy (just be sure to note that it is cross posted and keep track). I think you can get at least 200 papers in a medium flat rate box. I've fit large blocks of scrapbook paper pads.

Fan out a sample of papers and take a photo. Number the lots by box. The medium flat rate box is about $12.80 to ship via commercial vendor (paper is heavy, so it's cheaper to sell this way in large qualities). You can lump the shipping cost into the price of the lot.

Since you stored by company, you can sell the lots that way, or by theme (ex.: travel, vintage, cute, baby, school...) or even by designer. Or any mix of the above.

I've seen some folks sell large lots by videoing them on YouTube.

I'm de stashing too after 15 years of collecting (err...I mean crafting ;)) as others mentioned, and as Marie Kondo has written, we enjoyed the buying, organizing, viewing and owning these items, so the money was well spent. This doesn't mean you can't try to recoup some cost, just investigate what sold on Ebay for an indication for how to price or how to list.

Give yourself a timeframe and if you notice you don't have watchers and/or takers, you can lower your price or negotiate with interested buyers.

Good luck and happy purging!
Doreen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
I can't find the article now, but it changed my life - it's about the sunk cost fallacy - definition here - we hang onto things, relationships and habits we shouldn't because of it. When I re-did my craft room and got rid of 90% of what I had I finally understood what a burden that fallacy is. I've been a million times more productive and satisfied since!

I hope you find the article (I just read the definition).

We can get wrapped around the axle of not wanting to waste what we bought. But isn’t having things sit, unused, just as wasteful as getting rid of it? Plus it sits there looking at us, reminding us of our waste.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I don't know if this is the same article Lydia was referring to, but it's pretty good: The Sunk Cost Fallacy Is Ruining Your Decisions. Here's How | Time

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks, Sue, good reminder. And if we wasted the $$ it’s not as if keeping something we don’t use or like any moore will bring back the $$.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 04:36 PM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I donate whatever scrapbook papers I don't sell at the used craft sale (25 cents a sheet) to the local elementary school. They LOVE it . . . they have bulletin boards to decorate in the hallways; bulletin boards in the classrooms. And while it's difficult culling it all out, I don't look back and don't miss it. There's too much new stuff out there if I'm missing something for an occasion or holiday. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:04 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

It's easier to ship in 6x6 (and cheaper) so maybe cut it down and sell stacks?
What a smart idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was in this same situation, I donated tons of supplies to an art teacher at a local high school and she called in all the other teachers to choose what they wanted. It turned out great--a lot of teachers and kids benefited from my supplies and I got a tax deduction. Just give the teacher a list of what you are donating, then ask the teacher to write you a simple acknowledgement letter on the school's letterhead (the teacher can copy and paste your list onto her letter). I also took photos of all the supplies I had gathered together. The teacher's letter & the photos were sufficient for my taxes, and I put a $ value on the items (the teacher is not allowed to value items). This way, you can get back a lot of the money and the school benefits!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:34 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

My suggestion is break it down in groups by the company who made it or theme and/or colors (brights, paste, neutrals etc.), and sell online if possible. Price it right so you can get rid of it, you will never get what you want for it and sometimes its better just to sell it to remove it from your stash. If all else fails donate to groups that need paper. There are groups that make cards for soldiers, cancer patients etc. I know of two in my area but you probably have some in yours. There might be a forum on here that you can list it in as well. Its hard, I went through it and learned to just "let it go" - good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Default Listing it

If you decide to sell it try FB marketplace or Nextdoor. I’ve had good success on both sites selling crafty goodness.

I agree with selling in lots and be sure to include cost of shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:58 AM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm strictly a card maker, but I have benefited from buying 12x12 for making interactive and dimensional cards. Cutting it to 6x6 would waste more paper in my opinion. I recently moved and only did some light purging, since I'm still actively making cards. You should dictate what goes in the bundles, don't let the buyers make the choice for you. Good luck Ü
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, that’s very interesting. I totally have sunk cost fallacy. Thanks for sharing this.

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Default Places to donate paper stash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to sell off thousands upon thousands of sheets of scrapbooking paper? These are the high quality paper and brands from when we would buy invidual 12 x 12 sheets from our local scrapbook stores. I'll have to snap a pic to include so people can understand what I'm dealing with! I have everything stored in those 12 x 12 Iris Containers - by Brand. For Example - The high quality Bazzill scrapbooking paper before American Crafts bought it. Containers of Doodlebug. My Minds Eye. Little Yellow Bicycle. Imagainisce. October Afternoon. Jillibean Soup. Heidi Grace. And then I have containers full of hundreds of sheets by theme like Fall, Christmas, Halloween, Camping, Vehicles, Wedding, Birthday, Baby Boys, Baby Girls, Kids, Summer, Space, etc. On top of all those, I also have the coordinating scrapbooking embellishments for several of the lines.

I am moving in a week and would hate to put this all in storage knowing it will likely never get used. I'm not interested in making back all the money, I know some of the brands and styles are outdated. I just have no idea what to do with all of it.

Would you sell them off in full boxes of large flat rate with invidiual themes or assorted themes? Or sell them off in smaller packs? I have friends in the CPS school system I can donate a lot too as well. I just don't know how people feel about Baby Boy Assortments or Wedding Assortments!

Any thoughts? Maybe I'll put together some full boxes of paper with coordinating embellishments and put them up here and see if anyone has interest? My scrapbooking days are behind me and I think I've accepted that. Cardmaking has been my thing for the past 10 years or so!

I also live in the heart of Chicago and people don't have yard sales and I don't know any other crafters in the area.
Another thought on donations: any local area Boys & Girls clubs, Local Girl Scout offices. Many of the clubs like to make cards as part of their group service projects.
Also trending lately, many of the Senior Care Centers/ Care Facilities offer Card Making to the residents as an activity, then the residents have a stash of cards to send to friends and/or family. The Senior Care centers are ALWAYS looking for donations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773View Post

Okay I'm going to be the renegade here: I would donate or throw it all in the recycle bin. :p

I can just feel the heaviness in your post--I have been there myself! Fewer people want old stuff. I promise you will never think about or miss any of it once you unload it. And just think of all the room you're making for things you will fall in love with now, that fits who you are now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

We donate to a nice non-profit thrift store. Proceeds support a cause important to us. After destashing my craft room, with boxes literally filling my SUV, I learned that everything sold very quickly. I had broken up kits and put like with like together in many case: embellishments, paper, etc. A lot of 12x12 paper was included.

Non-profits can be part of the equation - I called first to check. Schools didn’t want it. I didn’t want the hassle of selling on line, and wouldn’t be comfortable with in-person selling like on Craig’s List.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 10:44 AM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

If you only have a week before the move-that isn't much time. Either it is going to be a big let go or you move with it and then deal with it.

Gee I wish I was close by-I would take a look at it. Sounds like a real treasure! I don't care how old paper is-pretty is pretty. I will look if you sell here. But that might an idea...do you have a local group and do a focused sale? Or maybe a LSS might be willing to take SOME of it...or where you move to...sometimes they have sidewalk sales and let people come into it with them.
Pre-move:

Ronald McDonald houses take craft supplies. So do some hospital activity rooms.

If you give it to a school...I would not give adult theme like wedding. Just me. I might however suggest giving them directions for making things with it and save the teacher the effort. Boxes, bags, etc. I think there is a bag tutorial here from a couple months ago? Or maybe they can cut out big butterflies or balloons from it to decorate the rooms for parties for the older kids-4th and 5th grades.

Post move
You can join a local stamp group and then call for a crop for them to come in and make cards from the piles specifically to donate to good causes. Good way to meet card makers. Some churches have crafts groups or senior centers. If you cover the whole card base and not just the front, you go through paper much faster.

I would say try to sell it. One good try. That much, even at 10-20 cents ea is like hundreds of dollars right? Who cant use that around a move time? Also that way you never have the "what ifs". You will know you tried.

I am thinking if I was buying I would want to see them by category....that is how I shop online.

Ok I just looked. Paper IS selling on both ebay and Etsy. Etsy is getting more-decent money. Shipping on some was crazy so you could be better and get customers.

BTW-I just shipped something in that priority box mentioned above and it was 14.95. If they are buying that much maybe you split it with them. But the calendar wrappers is a great idea!

If you have children, maybe hook up with the PTA at their new school and find out if they do annual fund raising fairs and give it to them for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

Another thought . . . there are many of us that are retired and can no longer afford to buy paper. I would love to buy a priority box of paper and have the joy of using some nice paper again. I could even consider it a Christmas present for me :=)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

Default eBay?

Perhaps eBay? Or check with your crafting friends in your circle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:33 PM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda EllisView Post
When I was in this same situation, I donated tons of supplies to an art teacher at a local high school and she called in all the other teachers to choose what they wanted. It turned out great--a lot of teachers and kids benefited from my supplies and I got a tax deduction. Just give the teacher a list of what you are donating, then ask the teacher to write you a simple acknowledgement letter on the school's letterhead (the teacher can copy and paste your list onto her letter). I also took photos of all the supplies I had gathered together. The teacher's letter & the photos were sufficient for my taxes, and I put a $ value on the items (the teacher is not allowed to value items). This way, you can get back a lot of the money and the school benefits!!

I'm not sure how much of a deduction you can get for charitable donations anymore since the recent tax changes upped the standard deduction. And even before that, you'd only have been able to benefit if you itemized deductions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 02:30 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Girl! You are moving in less than a week! You have other things to get done besides fussing with all this paper to market it just right. You need to think big and clear this stuff out of your life and off your to do list.
Call a few friends with classrooms or classroom connections. “It’s all yours! Take it! You have until Friday to pick it up or reserve a lot.” They will be taking things you never imagined, because lots of projects are only interested in the color or texture of the paper, not the design (think paper beads).
After they leave, put it in the car (or have a friend do this) and take it to your favorite 2nd hand donation center (some place that doesn’t ask questions, and no consignment places) and hand it over.
Think how excited crafters will be, who are on tight budgets, when they find such a magnificent selection! Keep that image in your mind, every time your conscience starts to accuse you. Because you really will have made someone’s day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 03:21 AM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsey

Quote:

Man, I would LOVE to read that article, I’ll have to do some googling. ❤️
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 05:26 AM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

Default Decision

Everyone has posted such good suggestions... along with a new perspective about ‘collecting’ aka hoarding! That was a great article. I’d like to know what you end up doing, if you don’t mind circling back to post. With your limited timeframe it seems giving it away is the best choice, but it would be fun to hear what you decided and any stories about the recipients.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 06:16 AM   #32  
Glitter Queen

Default Facebook

Join the Stampin’ Stuffs For Sale on FAcebook. You can sell your craft items on that page. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have a local stamping store - owned locally, not a chain, see if they would do a sale for you on consignment. They could sell it by the inch. One of ours has a Junque Sale 2 times a year, and folks from around the area use it to destash their craft rooms. Depending on how you want the money back, you either get 75% in store cash or 50% in real cash back. I made a haul the last time I did this.

Hope your move goes well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2019, 08:09 AM   #34  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Ah, ha!!! I'm so glad you included the definition link!!!! I've been getting rid on tons of my stuff and feeling great as each weight of the ownership, storage space and, especially, the weight of a pressing obligation to use my stuff disappears!!!

I had amassed so much stuff - at first, not knowing what the hobby/addiction was all about, I bought everything I thought I could use and, especially, if it was on sale. Then I became an SU demo and amassed even more stuff just so I could get product into my customer's hands and get sales. Now I have much more of a discerning eye, know better what my style is and am actually getting excited about using what I have left.

Thanks for sticking with me in this long post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

Received 495 Likes on 164 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcgView Post
Ah, ha!!! I'm so glad you included the definition link!!!! I've been getting rid on tons of my stuff and feeling great as each weight of the ownership, storage space and, especially, the weight of a pressing obligation to use my stuff disappears!!!

I had amassed so much stuff - at first, not knowing what the hobby/addiction was all about, I bought everything I thought I could use and, especially, if it was on sale. Then I became an SU demo and amassed even more stuff just so I could get product into my customer's hands and get sales. Now I have much more of a discerning eye, know better what my style is and am actually getting excited about using what I have left.

Thanks for sticking with me in this long post
We must be long lost family...you captured my circumstances and dilemma in a nutshell, now I just need to forge ahead as you have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2019, 06:22 PM   #36  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently donated a bunch of 12x12 papers to my grandsons' school. One teacher got the bundle and gave all the other teachers a chance at it. When I was at the school last week, the one teacher made sure to show me what the students had made with some of my stash. What they did with some of my really ugly paper was so neat - cutting practice in collages for kindergarten students, Christmas trees by strips of paper cut up and several other things. It made me feel so great that I had donated it and it is getting such good use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2019, 06:29 PM   #37  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairierosestamperView Post
I recently donated a bunch of 12x12 papers to my grandsons' school. One teacher got the bundle and gave all the other teachers a chance at it. When I was at the school last week, the one teacher made sure to show me what the students had made with some of my stash. What they did with some of my really ugly paper was so neat - cutting practice in collages for kindergarten students, Christmas trees by strips of paper cut up and several other things. It made me feel so great that I had donated it and it is getting such good use.

I don't know an elementary school that wouldn't love 12x12 papers donated. I've been hugged and gushed over every time I've done it. Be sure you give an itemized list (x # of sheets of paper, value - I average it out at .60/sheet given devaluation, and I could probably find my notes to tell you how many are in an inch stack so you don't have to count) and hand that copy to the school. They acknowledge it, give you an itemized receipt back with the tax number, and you turn it in on your taxes. Bingo. Tax deduction. Everyone wins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2019, 10:43 PM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh my goodness I'm just looking at this after a few days on not signing on and everyone has great ideas! Thank you so much! I have a one week extension to move, I'll circle back for sure and let you know what I do. I'll also PM back anyone who reached out mentioned liking a box!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2019, 02:18 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

If you had more time I would suggest Ebay and package it up by company/then it's collection (example- Echo Park/Fashionista) because you have some rarities that in the scrapbook circles the girls are willing to pay good money for. Scrapbook lines can be like defunct stamp companies for resale value and collections.

Do you know of an LSS that you are familiar with or has a good rep? You can contact the owner and tell her what you have. She could put the word out to her customers/crop groups who are looking for those collections and companies.

I agree about fallacy and letting things go. My motto is I bought it to learn about it and that has been the value. Scrapbooking supplies I would call my LSS or go to one of the scrapbook forums. It's not about the money. I know a lot of ladies are desperate to get those lines and companies. Especially the girls who didn't have enough of Basic Gray to finish their scrapbook. It's like knitting a blanket and finding your yarn has been discontinued.

I know for a fact there are women who will just buy all 1,000 sheets in one transaction.

Hope that helps.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella CartaView Post
I donate whatever scrapbook papers I don't sell at the used craft sale (25 cents a sheet) to the local elementary school. They LOVE it . . . they have bulletin boards to decorate in the hallways; bulletin boards in the classrooms. And while it's difficult culling it all out, I don't look back and don't miss it. There's too much new stuff out there if I'm missing something for an occasion or holiday. Good luck!

I've made 2 moves in the last 4 yrs and I scaled back drastically with each move. I was tired of packing and unpacking all those craft supplies that weren't being used. My last move to my current home, I just sorta snapped and LET THEM GO! I donated them to grade schools, gifted them, and sent them to the thrift stores. I still have a good bit, but it is what I use.
And if I come across items that didn't make the earlier cuts I have a donation box in my studio to toss them in so they can go out the door to the thrift store.
Reply With Quote Likes