Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   SU Demo Expertise (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/su-demo-expertise-t321592.html)

casslarson 02-04-2008 06:39 AM

SU Demo Expertise

I am going to sign up to be a demo - I've been waiting for SAB to roll around and now that's it here....time to make my plans!

I know that you can get a free stamp set - and that it defaults to Define Your Life. Do you recommend this set - based on USE and FLEXIBILITY or is there another must have set that you think would be better?

Cardstock - I have bought the multi packs in the past - but there doesn't seem to be enough of any one color in there. What is the best way to build up your cardstock supply so that I can have it on hand. I've never done a color challenge b/c I don't have that much on hand

And one last question - I know that ink pads come in the kit. I have all of the classic (dye) pads - except for maybe the neutrals - can I / should I sub for those or can I /should I sub with the craft (pigment) pads?

stampwithdiane 02-04-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casslarson (Post 8644455)
I am going to sign up to be a demo - I've been waiting for SAB to roll around and now that's it here....time to make my plans!

I know that you can get a free stamp set - and that it defaults to Define Your Life. Do you recommend this set - based on USE and FLEXIBILITY or is there another must have set that you think would be better?

Cardstock - I have bought the multi packs in the past - but there doesn't seem to be enough of any one color in there. What is the best way to build up your cardstock supply so that I can have it on hand. I've never done a color challenge b/c I don't have that much on hand

And one last question - I know that ink pads come in the kit. I have all of the classic (dye) pads - except for maybe the neutrals - can I / should I sub for those or can I /should I sub with the craft (pigment) pads?

I think your choice of free set should be based on your personal preference. If you like the define your life set and think you would use it, then definitely get it. If you're looking at it and scratching your head, check out the gallery for the stamp set here on SCS or do a search for define your life and see if th samples are any more inspiring. If after all that the set still doesn't "speak" to you, then get something else like an alphabet or a set like Wonderful Favorites or Amazing to Zany or Everyday Flexible Phrases or just a more expensive image set that you think you'll love using.

As far as card stock goes, when I signed up as a demo I had no SU card stock at all, other than what came in the starter kit. I started by purchasing 2 assorted packs of each color family and this was enough to at least give me some samples of each color. Then I started making cards and ordering full packs of card stock I seemed to be using most often until eventually I had all full packs (I domake a conscious effort to use all of the colors, though I definitely have my favorites).

You cannot substitute craft pads for the classic pads int he starter kit. If you already have all of the classic pads except theneutrals, I would definitely get the neutrals you do not have and then maybe get pads in colors that you think you would use the most at classes or events. Sometimes it's really nice to have more than one ink pad of the same color when you're doing a class.You might also want to speak with your upline --perhaps she needs a particular pad color and would be willing to do an even exchange for you (she could maybe order you another standard cartridge in your color of choice in exchange for the ink pad from your starter kit.