Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   SU Backorder (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/su-backorder-t523748.html)

Crafteemommy 03-23-2011 05:21 PM

SU Backorder
 
I have several items that are backordered with Stampin Up. Does anyone know when the blossom petals punch, tulip border embossing folder, or dvd cases are going to be available? Thank you for all your help. :)

prchvs 03-23-2011 05:52 PM

I checked the backorder list and this is what it says :)

Blossoms Petal punch will be shipping the week of April 11
Tulip Border Embossing Folder will be shipping the week of March 28
DVD Cases will begin shipping the week of April 18

hope that helps!

Karen99 03-23-2011 06:00 PM

What about the stamp scrubber? Is it available yet? TY!

prchvs 03-23-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99 (Post 18109419)
What about the stamp scrubber? Is it available yet? TY!

as far as I could tell, it is supposed to be available near the end of March but that isn't for sure at the moment :)

Minders 03-23-2011 06:14 PM

No official word/date (or maybe specific would be a better choice of words) on the scrub. Bummer I know. But as for the other BO's a lot of times stuff goes out earlier than they say it will. Not always but I've been pleasantly surprised many times when it shows up early:-)

Have fun with the folder when you get it, I love that thing and can't seem to make a card without it:-)

Crafteemommy 03-23-2011 08:00 PM

Thank you for your help! You rock. As far as the scrubber, for now you could try taking two paint pads with edges cut off and duct tape them together. That's what I use. The tulip folder... didn't think I needed it. Then, of course, I saw examples. Now I need it. Especially when someone showed me that you can make it in different sizes. :) Thanks again!

muscrat 03-23-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minders (Post 18109475)
No official word/date (or maybe specific would be a better choice of words) on the scrub. Bummer I know. But as for the other BO's a lot of times stuff goes out earlier than they say it will. Not always but I've been pleasantly surprised many times when it shows up early:-)

Have fun with the folder when you get it, I love that thing and can't seem to make a card without it:-)

yes, my friend got her tulips embossing folder and it was supposed to be on backorder yet.

fionna51 03-24-2011 06:43 AM

What about the clear version of the sneak peek frames set? Is it available to order yet? I mean to order after April first of course! ;)

prchvs 03-24-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51 (Post 18111038)
What about the clear version of the sneak peek frames set? Is it available to order yet? I mean to order after April first of course! ;)

it's not on the backorder list! But then again, stamps rarely are listed as they are available relatively quick if there's a low supply :)

SarahY 03-24-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafteemommy (Post 18109950)
Thank you for your help! You rock. As far as the scrubber, for now you could try taking two paint pads with edges cut off and duct tape them together. That's what I use. The tulip folder... didn't think I needed it. Then, of course, I saw examples. Now I need it. Especially when someone showed me that you can make it in different sizes. :) Thanks again!

Where did you see you can make it different sizes?

Kar 03-24-2011 07:54 AM

The Tulip folder and the blossom punch hasn't shipped yet from my SAB Open house :( It was over a $400 workshop too so that sucks!

cuttlebug_fan 03-24-2011 09:04 AM

I'm about to place and order and see that the blossom petals punch is backorder. Does it mean SU! is going to hold my whole order until they get it in stock? or would it be sent separately?

Minders 03-24-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttlebug_fan (Post 18111597)
I'm about to place and order and see that the blossom petals punch is backorder. Does it mean SU! is going to hold my whole order until they get it in stock? or would it be sent separately?

They send everything that is in stock and then ship BO's as they come in, so no they will not hold your order.

cuttlebug_fan 03-24-2011 10:13 AM

Thanks Minders!

muscrat 03-24-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minders (Post 18111613)
They send everything that is in stock and then ship BO's as they come in, so no they will not hold your order.

I guess this is where we get our money's worth in the shipping/handling fees. The last party my friend had was missing about six or seven items. She got the first large part of the order and then things start trickling in. She emailed yesterday that my Pacific Point Ink Pad came by itself yesterday. The day before she got the Tulips folder and something else (can't remember). So that individual shipping has to cost them. They are really good, though, and stand behind their stuff if you have any problems. I do 95% of my shopping with SU and the other 5% with ACMoore and Michaels.

Minders 03-24-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 18111858)
I guess this is where we get our money's worth in the shipping/handling fees. The last party my friend had was missing about six or seven items. She got the first large part of the order and then things start trickling in. She emailed yesterday that my Pacific Point Ink Pad came by itself yesterday. The day before she got the Tulips folder and something else (can't remember). So that individual shipping has to cost them. They are really good, though, and stand behind their stuff if you have any problems. I do 95% of my shopping with SU and the other 5% with ACMoore and Michaels.

Yes...and what's really nice is that if you pay for faster shipping, the BO's will also ship the same way.

And I can't remember if I posted anything about this here (there is a thread on another board about backorders so I may get the two confused...blonde moment, hehe) BUT SU is a debt free company so they try not to over-order stuff that they can't pay for or will be stuck with after the order period so sometimes that why they have some backorders. They can't always know what's going to be popular. This method also helps to keep costs down to us customers (and I know I'd like to be debt free...too bad it won't happen, hehe) which is a good thing!!!!

KFontin 03-24-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51 (Post 18111038)
What about the clear version of the sneak peek frames set? Is it available to order yet? I mean to order after April first of course! ;)

The sneak peek Four Frames set in clear is now available as of the other day!

Crafteemommy 03-24-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Where did you see you can make it different sizes?
Run the card stock thru with the tulip embossing folder. Then you can slide the embossing folder out part-way until the tulips line up on the side... now you can close the embossing folder and run it thru just the end of the folder - NOT ALL THE WAY THRU. I hope you can understand the directions. It's hard to explain things with words sometimes. :confused:

crazysuziestamper 03-24-2011 05:31 PM

Tulip EF
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahY (Post 18111241)
Where did you see you can make it different sizes?


Sara,

Here are 3 tutitorials. HTH Suzie

http://stampinonthefly.com/2011/01/0...it-with-style/
http://createdbyu.blogspot.com/2010/...med-tulip.html
http://southerninkerbelles.blogspot....-tutorial.html

Crafteemommy 03-24-2011 07:28 PM

Great links. TFS!

kempd 03-25-2011 08:48 PM

Wow, aren't we lucky that so many of our fellow stampers are not only clever and artistic but are also techies! And they enjoy sharing their talents and skills with all of us!! Thanks for sharing the tutorials! They are wonderful, and I can't wait to play tomorrow!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:45 AM.