Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Struggling with getting unmounted stamps... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/struggling-getting-unmounted-stamps-t269161.html)

Sibylle 07-16-2007 08:54 AM

Struggling with getting unmounted stamps...

ready to use. I bought my first set of unmounted rubber stamps and it has turned out to be so much work. I am mounting them onto the foam sheet and then adding the tacky over and over glue and to be quite honest, this is the one and only time I will be doing this. I have mounted hundreds and hundreds of unmounted rubber stamps with SU and it was not as difficult as this. What a pain and how time consuming. Anyone else have this experience or am I just wierd?

Sibylle

bcgal00 07-16-2007 08:59 AM

Don't be discouraged...persevere...its worth it.

I unmounted most of mine and just kept the rubber, not the foam stuff. I've done two things, mixed ATIO&O with equal part water and brushed onto stamp with foam brush, letting air dry overnight. 1-1/2 yrs later they are still sticky, stored in CD cases.

The other unmounted rubber stamps I just put a double sided sticky photo mount square on the back of it to adhere it to the acrylic block, stamp, clean and then pull it off and throw away..easy and fast...no problem.

Either way works great for me.

mungojerry 07-16-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibylle (Post 6522484)
ready to use. I bought my first set of unmounted rubber stamps and it has turned out to be so much work. I am mounting them onto the foam sheet and then adding the tacky over and over glue and to be quite honest, this is the one and only time I will be doing this. I have mounted hundreds and hundreds of unmounted rubber stamps with SU and it was not as difficult as this. What a pain and how time consuming. Anyone else have this experience or am I just wierd?

Sibylle

So far, I have purchased a few unmounted sets. Two are on their way. For the first one, I bought wood blocks from Cornish Heritage Farms to mount them. I'm going to do the same for the other two except this time, I'm buying a couple of strips from The Stamping Place and cutting them down myself. I don't want to be bothered with unmounted methods, I just don't. If you like it great but I don't think you're weird. A lot of other people probably will. :D Don't feel you have to use unmounted just cause. If it's a big huge pain to you, find another way. As long as people are willing to sell wood, I'm going to mount my rubber onto it. Choices are good.:D

MikiBee 07-16-2007 09:11 AM

I pull the rubber completely off the foam then mount to EZ Mount. It's only one extra step (removing the original foam from the rubber).

Jillgunter 07-16-2007 09:13 AM

Sounds like you need a different option.THey sell this stuff called ezmount. They come in 8 1/2 by 11 sheets. I buy mine of ebay but other stamp stores online carry it. All you do is stick your stamp on the sticky part. Trim it to match your stamp and your done. The other side is a cling side, so no need for glue, tape or anything. I also really like my stamps mounted, just seems easier. I unmounted my wheels recently so I would use them more often.

momis mama 07-16-2007 09:33 AM

i prefer wood mounteds... so if i buy them unmounted i just mount them on wood.

good luck! there are some who prefer unmounted. hope you find your 'groove'

jennkb 07-16-2007 10:01 AM

If your stamp is already unmounted (you got rubber only) just add EZMount instead of the foam that you are currently using. EZMount is permanently sticky on one side (put your rubber on this side) and has cling on the other side (for your acrylic block). Easy as pie! If you bought stamps with foam already on them, just peel' em off and there you go.

I love having mine unmounted!

stampwithgwen 07-24-2007 04:50 PM

You need creative cling foam. It is sold in 8 x 10" sheets. You can just peel and stick and then cut, or you can index them first (see my blog for directions). The cling side just sticks to the acrylic block! MAGIC!

KimberlyinMN 07-24-2007 05:13 PM

For the OP, Creative Cling = EZ Mount.

Kimberly

CoolBeans 01-14-2008 08:15 PM

Where can you purchase EZ Mount?

Is EZ Mount available only on-line? Do any of the major craft stores carry it? I just received my first unmounted stamps and I can't wait to get stampin' with 'em!!

cbet 01-14-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolBeans (Post 8358084)
Is EZ Mount available only on-line? Do any of the major craft stores carry it? I just received my first unmounted stamps and I can't wait to get stampin' with 'em!!

You don't have to wait! Just use some Scotch Poster Tape (double-sided, but not as permanent as the regular ds tape) to stick them to the block and have at it. Or a removable glue stick works, I've heard.

dstfrommi 01-14-2008 10:33 PM

I just use a piece of double stick tape and attach the rubber right to the acrylic block, using no foam or ez mount at all. It works fine for me. I did use ez mount in the past but I now I don't know why I bothered with it!

GarnetJ 01-15-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstfrommi (Post 8359806)
I just use a piece of double stick tape and attach the rubber right to the acrylic block, using no foam or ez mount at all. It works fine for me. I did use ez mount in the past but I now I don't know why I bothered with it!

Same for me. I have hundreds of unmounted stamps. I have tried almost every method available (went to all unmounted about 10 years ago). Usually the easiest is to slap a piece or two of double-sided Scotch tape onto an acrylic block and stick the rubber to that. The tape will stay on the acrylic and last through several stamps. After it gets too dirty just rip off the old tape and put on new.

graciez 01-15-2008 03:57 AM

I used EZM in the beginning and then read on a blog, the way I ended up doing the rest...

I bought Aleene's SPRAY tack it over and over. Sprayed the back, let dry overnight, removed tackiness by patting on a paper towel, and stored them in CD cases....they are still doing great.

I wish I could remember the blog name but it was a long time ago and I just dont remember it...sorry

Good luck..MJ

Paula O. 01-15-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstfrommi (Post 8359806)

Are you using permanent double-sided tape, or the removable double-sided tape?

asinha 01-15-2008 12:40 PM

unmounted

I just use Duch/Pritt repositional tape runnner. Double sticky tape works just as well.
Also Aileen's Tack it over and over. I just apply straight from the bottle with a foam brush and let it dry.

U dont need EZ mount or cling.

Just use a foam mat beneath the paper.

all the best

Anu

CoolBeans 01-17-2008 07:42 PM

Nifty, nifty. Nice to know you don't need anything fancy-shmancy (or expensive) Thanks gals!:-D

Cinnistew 01-18-2008 09:30 AM

I learned a really cool trick for using EZMount. After you stick the rubber to the sticky side sprinkle a SMALL amount of baby powder on the sticky portion of the EZMount that is exposed and they trim up so easy. After you trim the EZ Mount around your stamp just rinse off the baby powder. It really makes mounting with EZMount much easier! :)

SophieLaFontaine 01-18-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula O. (Post 8365813)
Are you using permanent double-sided tape, or the removable double-sided tape?

I use the "permanent". It really isn't permanent - just a lot stickier. The removable tape is only a tiny bit sticky.

cym6 01-18-2008 12:03 PM

unmounted stamps

Is ezmount expensive. I find that I can buy unmounted cheaper and
I have mounted them to blocks but the ezmount sounds easier and saves space storing. Thanks,
cym6

cym6 01-18-2008 12:07 PM

unmounted stamps

I should have read farther down the comments. Double sided tape works??
That would be easiest and cheapest. I am on a budget. Thanks for all your tips.

Thank you

KimberlyinMN 01-18-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cym6 (Post 8409657)
Is ezmount expensive. I find that I can buy unmounted cheaper and
I have mounted them to blocks but the ezmount sounds easier and saves space storing. Thanks,
cym6

Sunday International has the EZ Mount on sale for only $3 a sheet. That's an awesome price. You can probably get 3-5 sets on one sheet. (More or less depending on the size of the set.)

KimberlyinMN 01-18-2008 12:25 PM

Oops. I'm multi-tasking and forgot to post the link.
http://www.sundayint.com/index.asp?P...TS&Category=57

KimberlyinMN 01-18-2008 12:32 PM

Okay.. I find this funny (somehow). You can buy a case of EZ Mount - 100 sheets - for $300 but they have a limit of "three cases per customer".... HOLY BUCKETS! I can't imagine 1) needing 900 sheets of EZ Mount and 2) spending $900 at one pop on this!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked004.gif

Kimberly

larleigh1964 01-18-2008 01:41 PM

EZ mount for me. It's so simple to use.

kphorse 01-18-2008 02:05 PM

Plain rubber with the Aileens spray tack on the back is the way to go. I was doing the TIOAO, now I use the spray and it is great.

There is no need to use the foam, they stamp just fine without it!