Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Staz on off!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/staz-off-t2282.html)

Sereikastamper 06-25-2004 03:50 AM

Staz on off!!!

Help me yet again! How do I get staz on off of my rubber stamps??? The rubber is discolored since I used stazon with them and I hate to have my stamps stained!! Any Help?
Keri

JanTInk 06-25-2004 03:58 AM

Judikins Permanent Ink Cleaner is a really good product for cleaning Stazon off of your rubber. You can probably find it online or at a stamp store.

Some people like the Stazon cleaner you can buy. I've heard SU! doesn't sell it because it leaves a residue on your stamps.

stampin_melissa 06-25-2004 03:59 AM

Keri,

I'm not sure that there is really anything you can do, Staz-On will stain your rubber. Have you tried VersaMark yet? That will help get the Basic Black off your rubber, just ink it up real well and let it sit for awhile, then clean with your Stamin' Mist.

Staz-On does make a cleaner. I have it, but it didn't seem to make that much improvement on my stained rubber so I don't use it. I just clean my rubber immediately after I use it.

Melissa

Jenmouer 06-25-2004 04:30 AM

This is probably going to send sudders down some peoples back but I discovered by accident that my nail polish remover (acetone free) will remove any type of ink from my stamps - now that being said I have only used it a few times to get the black staz-on off my stamps - I used it as a last resort figuring if it got permanent marker off my hands it might work on getting the permanent ink off my stamps.

kiki 06-25-2004 04:36 AM

I love the StazOn cleaner.I jsut bought some used stmps and they had staining and the StazOn took it right off. I don't know about any residue; I finish by either using baby wipes or a Stamp scrub.

Linda Verderame 06-25-2004 04:50 AM

stazon cleaner

I use a product called Zim Ink. Works great for removing Stazon. The directions say to clean stamp with cleaner then soap and water. I just use my stamp mist right after cleaning.

Elizabeth Davolt 06-25-2004 05:00 AM

To clean Stazon or Basic Black ink from your stamps, you need a solvent based cleaner. Several manufacturer's make this, as listed above. If you have a local stamp store, check there. (A little staining doesn't hurt your stamps though :)

WaterPixie 06-25-2004 06:26 AM

Tip on the Judi Kins permanent ink remover - Open a window!!! You'll go loopy if you don't.

Furph's wife 06-25-2004 06:40 AM

Does the stazon remover clean the stained rubber too? Or is it just going to be stained and there is nothing to do about it?

Kymbers_Stampin 06-25-2004 07:25 AM

From my upline

Take on old yellow ink pad. It can be Yoyo yellow or you can buy one of the cheap kinds at the store. Rub the stamp in the yellow and ink it up really good. Scrub stamp on pad ~ you will have a clean, unstained stamp. You can do this with any stamp that gets black on it too. It works wonders.

stampinalot 06-25-2004 07:28 AM

wow! i'm going to buy a cheap yellow pad...today. thanks!

Sue :wink:

Furph's wife 06-25-2004 08:07 AM

I will have to try that!

Sereikastamper 06-25-2004 08:52 AM

So Many good suggestions. one will HAVE to work!!!! Thanks girls, I can always count on you!

StephStamps 06-25-2004 10:25 AM

get staz on cleaner

laffenstamper 06-27-2004 02:34 PM

I really like the Staz On cleaner.