Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoppers Discount scam

I'm wondering if anyone else has been signed up for this??
I was looking at my bank statement and Shoppers Discount has
been withdrawing money from my account! I'm thinking it happened
when my husband purchased some paint on Jo Annes online!
Anyone else having a similar problem???:confused:
Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 02:51 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

when you check out at joanns.com at the end there is the rewards pop up. It says something like you get $10 off your purchase or some kinda rebate. If that was clicked and filled out thats the problem. You signed up for the rewards and they take a monthly fee ($14-$20 or so) from your account. I had this issue before and I was P*SSED! So needless to say I have NOT did it again. You can call your bank/CC compnay and they will give you a number for them or what not I would call em!

Good Luck and I hope that it was just a simple mistake for you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Check your bank statement to see if there is an 800 # below the company name. This happened to me also - took 3 months to get the company to stop. They did credit back the withdrawals. I did not even remember the rewards popup or signing up for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

You may also can get your bank to return the items they charged your account espically if you used a credit card issued by your bank. I would "stop payment" on any debit to your account by this company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Default I Just Had Something Similar Happen...

with Amazon.com. As we were preparing our paperwork to have our taxes done, my husband was going over our credit card bills for 2007 and there was a charge for $79 for a premier membership with Amazon.com. I had ordered some stuff from Amazon but never signed up for a membership. The premier membership is to receive upgraded shipping for a years time. I don't use Amazon.com that much so I would never have agreed to sign up for something like this, yet they charged our credit card for it! We called the credit card company and told them it was fraud and I also called Amazon.com and told them that I did not sign up for this program and that I wanted a refund. They did issue a refund thankfully. Pretty scary that online shops could be disguising these programs when you check out and you don't find out about extra charges until later on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

I called the # on my statement and you can cancel it on the phone but they want my credit card # I didn't want to give it to them but I guess they already have it!:twisted:
I'm going to call the bank on Mon. this happened before when my husband bought Miracle Blades off of the TV! I just get sick of getting ripped off! A friend of mine who has Altel for cell service has been getting a 3rd party billing for some text message service, that she didn't sign up for! She has only used her text messaging once some how they hack in and start billing Altel then Altel bills you! I wish I could collect money from people for no reason at all!!!
This probably isn't the right forum for this but I know you guys buy a lot of stuff from Joannes. I just wanted to give you the heads up!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Shopper's Discount Scam

Yup. I had the same thing happen. I just called the cc people and they gave me a number to call. So far it is just pending, but when it is posted they will dispute it for me.

I have a Master Card and if anyone wants JoAnn's phone number just pm me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Well, I called Shoppers Discount today from work. I talked to a friendly helpful customer ser. gal. She says she is going to refund my $40.00 but she also said I should get a e mail confirmation of the cancellation of my account...well, I haven't received that yet...so there goes my optimism that this is going to be easy to resolve.
I looked back in my e mail and there hasn't been any e mails from them telling me about the service they were providing me, evidently they figured I wouldn't want it if I knew they were stealing my money! What a scam! Why would Joannes be affiliated with them!:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

I was quite surprised to find that the $40.00 was credited back to my account today!!! My bank charged me $10.00 to stop future payments. I figured I better do the stop payment thing just incase! Who knows how much they could take out of my account! Thanks for the help. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes