Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Offended (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/offended-t317228.html)

btrechak 01-20-2008 06:15 PM

Offended

Is anyone else out there offended by some of the cards being posted lately? The under pants, bras, and there is also one with naked girls holding hands. I thought this was a clean web site. What will be allowed next?
Barbara

KellyLuvs2Stamp 01-20-2008 06:21 PM

:-)

I thought they were pretty cute ... The ladies did a good job last night during VSN ... bummed I couldn't participate ...

stampbystep 01-20-2008 06:22 PM

This is art!!! Have you ever seen Michelangelo's David? The Sistine Chapel? Rodin's Thinker? Matisse's nude series? Come on, now... Relax!

eeyorefanatic 01-20-2008 06:23 PM

Are you kidding me?

They didn't make a boob card it's a bra and panties since when is that "dirty".

Mahloumel 01-20-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btrechak (Post 8440438)
Is anyone else out there offended by some of the cards being posted lately?

Nopers, not in the slightest. I always find great cards in the gallery, and if there are any that are not my style, I move past them and look at something that I dig. :)

Judyw 01-20-2008 06:25 PM

I'd have to see the cards before I could comment. I look through the gallery a bit but have not seen what you are talking about. As for the underwear, there do seem to be several sets available currently along that theme. I don't have them myself. I suppose I am more offended by women/girls who go out with bra straps showing or undies peeking out of pants. Bleech! If a girlfriend sent me a card with underwear on it, I suppose I would think it was funny. Variety is the spice of life (for me anyway.)

jailbirdstamper 01-20-2008 06:28 PM

nope not at all, if I don't like something I move on. Art comes in many forms and respecting all of them is the hallmark of a cultured society.

staramaze 01-20-2008 06:31 PM

Now I want to see the cards... I love to be offended! ;)

CaliGal 01-20-2008 06:31 PM

Not at all - in fact I made one of bikini cards from VSN last night although I didn't post a picture. I saw the cards in the gallery, hunted down the template, and whipped it together for DH and he LOVED it :D

cardmaker2 01-20-2008 06:31 PM

I'm not offended, but I sure don't like them. Yuckers.

I guess it takes all kinds!

tmhurlbert 01-20-2008 06:33 PM

Not at all. I saw the cards and I was thinking what could I stamp on the butt to look like a tattoo that I'm too scared to do myself. Prima sell's flowers in bras and panties so why not do a card in them too. IMO

smokiesgal 01-20-2008 06:33 PM

I thought they were quite cute! They were done in good taste & sometimes it's good to be a little whimsical! I believe Prima has some flower sets in lingerie items. They are adorable!

AlternateReality 01-20-2008 06:34 PM

Woo hoo, I'm subscribing to what promises to be an entertaining thread! ;) :mrgreen:

AmyR 01-20-2008 06:34 PM

All I've seen are the bra and panty ones - and I think they're cute!! I plan on making some to give to my DH!! ;)

cardmaker2 01-20-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlternateReality (Post 8440803)
Woo hoo, I'm subscribing to what promises to be an entertaining thread! ;) :mrgreen:

You're not kidding!

AmyR 01-20-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Yeah I thought that too......:D

snowcountry311 01-20-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel (Post 8440610)
Nopers, not in the slightest. I always find great cards in the gallery, and if there are any that are not my style, I move past them and look at something that I dig. :)

exactly-just move along

pattyb 01-20-2008 06:39 PM

Well considering that VSN has been talked about for over four months, and that this was one of the challenges for VSN, I think that everyone who played did an awesome job!

No I wasn't offended, no I didn't think it was dirty, but then I like the "put on your big girl panties and deal with it" saying - but that's just me :rolleyes:

pinkhedgehog 01-20-2008 06:40 PM

Thongs gross me out, whether paper or real, so when they had that challenge, I just made a pair of Granny Panties! Not offended, though, it hasn't crossed to obscene.

jpmayo 01-20-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze (Post 8440746)

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&what=keywords
;)

corinnesmith 01-20-2008 06:42 PM

I've never been offended by any of the images. I think there are different people, personalities etc. that each card fits perfectly with. It's an open forum w/ A LOT ALOT A LOT of members, which is one of the reasons I love this site. I've gotten sooooooooo many ideas here and probably would have given up the hobby had it not been being introduced to this site. Hopefully it won't stop you from participating in this wonderful community.

jpmayo 01-20-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog (Post 8440911)
Thongs gross me out, whether paper or real, so when they had that challenge, I just made a pair of Granny Panties! Not offended, though, it hasn't crossed to obscene.

Mine are Brazilians ;)

hehe

propecia 01-20-2008 06:45 PM

Those cards are hysterical!!!

corinnesmith 01-20-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo (Post 8440934)

Oh my gosh! That's hysterical! It made me want to pick my undies outta my butt! Bahaaaa!:mrgreen:

stampinboilermaker 01-20-2008 06:52 PM

I can honestly say that I'm not offended by these cards as I have made a boob card (offering "Breast Wishes" to my sister who had a lump removed)--it's in my gallery, and has been there for 2 years. As far as would I make one? Depends on who is receiving it, but I'm twisted enough to enjoy something along these (panty) lines!

Checked out the the panty and bra cards--only offensive thing is that my butt isn't that small and my boobs aren't that big! As for the naked ladies holding hands, it is done in an artsy and tasteful way, and I think it's cute! But in cardmaking, as in life, to each his (or her) own!

deb_loves_stamping 01-20-2008 06:53 PM

You have got to be kidding. Sheesh, if you dont like it, move on ...

pattyb 01-20-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btrechak (Post 8440438)
Is anyone else out there offended by some of the cards being posted lately? The under pants, bras, and there is also one with naked girls holding hands. I thought this was a clean web site. What will be allowed next?
Barbara

Can you direct us to this one? the gallery mods may have to make the final decision on something like that.

pattyb 01-20-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinboilermaker (Post 8441086)
I can honestly say that I'm not offended by these cards as I have made a boob card (offering "Breast Wishes" to my sister who had a lump removed)--it's in my gallery, and has been there for 2 years. As far as would I make one? Depends on who is receiving it, but I'm twisted enough to enjoy something along these (panty) lines!

Checked out the the panty and bra cards--only offensive thing is that my butt isn't that small and my boobs aren't that big! As for the naked ladies holding hands, it is done in an artsy and tasteful way, and I think it's cute! But in cardmaking, as in life, to each his (or her) own!

oops nevermind, I see someone has already found it and commented.

stampinboilermaker 01-20-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyb (Post 8441111)
Can you direct us to this one? the gallery mods may have to make the final decision on something like that.

Here's the link: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/.../782562?si=vsn

See what you think...

Risa 01-20-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze (Post 8440746)

ROTFLMAO! Sarah you are so so FUNNY!
Inky Hugs
Risa

hobie 01-20-2008 07:04 PM

oooh my word!!! If you do not want to look, click on the next tab!!! And if you think that is repulsive you should see the cards we made at stamp away camp!!! What punches can do :)

Other than that, I love them!!! I now know what my husbands Valentines card will look like!!

deb_loves_stamping 01-20-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinboilermaker (Post 8441252)
Here's the link: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/.../782562?si=vsn

See what you think...

Defintely not my type of art, but I'm also not offended. Everyone has their own style.

diane617 01-20-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Great idea!!! I went right over to the gallery:twisted: -I'm still looking for offensive cards-darn didn't see one.:rolleyes:

jailbirdstamper 01-20-2008 07:08 PM

after looking at the links I am ROFLMAO! You go girls - rock on VSN and keep pushing the limits!

lcmdws 01-20-2008 07:08 PM

Not offensive to me at all - looks like the art from the "olden" days - like Reuben who painted chubby nudes...

MichelleSG 01-20-2008 07:13 PM

Nope, haven't found anything offensive yet. Of course what I usually find offensive is when people start telling me what I should and should not be called art using their own ideas of right and wrong. I suspect the mods of SCS have guidelines and they seem to usually follow them. Or rather, they'd have deleted the photos if they were just that horribly offending universally.

pammers 01-20-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcmdws (Post 8441412)
Not offensive to me at all - looks like the art from the "olden" days - like Reuben who painted chubby nudes...

This is exactly what I was thinking...very Renaissance-y looking. I'm not offended.

hardhunter 01-20-2008 07:15 PM

Not offended at all. I think they are way funny!! Great job to everyone that participated in this challenge.

LaLatty 01-20-2008 07:15 PM

Just my 2 cents here.

I'm not offended by the under pants or bra cards, they are cute; although I wouldn't make them nor would I send them to anyone. It's just not my style.

On the other hand, I think the 'naked girls holding hands' card is a bit too much for me- I'm not offended, but I don't think that card is cute.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/.../782562?si=vsn

Englishrose 01-20-2008 07:16 PM

Not offended at all. Great job to all those who made the cards!