Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not your typical baby shower

Hey gang!
Here's the situation. My cousin and her husband adopted a baby born in September. About a month prior to that she found out she is pregnant and due in April - they'll be about 7 months apart. So, her sisters are giving her a baby shower in a few weeks and I'm not sure what to do for a card because of course we know what the baby is that they already have - a boy - but we don't know what the sex of the unborn baby is. If they know, they're not telling.
So, has anyone ever been in a situation like this? I looked at the Baby Firsts gallery and a lot of things there show 3 babies, which in this case would almost make it look like she was going to have 3 babies come April and she's not. I'm going to do a little more looking, but if you have something in your gallery that might work, could you point me in that direction?

Thanks!
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

So, is the shower soon--and for both babies? For the current baby? The coming baby? I'm a bit confused, sorry! Congrats to them, though. I'm the adoptive mom to two beautiful girls in open adoptions. My DDs are now 9 and 7. My, how time flies!
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #3  
The Digi-Freak

I think just a simple congratulations card would work! .. is the baby shower a joint shower for both of her babies?

These are some ideas (sorry, they're all from my gallery... just ones I remembered making... I'm sure there are others out there as well!)... if you wanted to do them more unisex, I put some ideas....

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
On this one, maybe you could do one foot in blue and one in moss? Just to sort of show the "2 babies" thing?

This one you could use the words "always" or something on it instead of grateful.... and obviously different colors....

This one can really be unisex depending on the colors.... and if you put "love" iinstead of thankyou and even wrote "babies" instead of baby....

I hope this helps give you some ideas!
Kimberly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 05:58 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

how about doing a waterfall card and putting some info on each baby then at the end do the date/time info! I hope you have good luck with this....let us know how it turns out! I've heard simular stories like this! I think it is wonderful! I have 2 boys 11 months apart and I LOVE IT!!! Even though it is very hard the first few years.....I hope she has as much blessings as I did! Mine are now 14 and 13 :( But they are still my best friends Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

MamaK - those are some great cards! I'll keep them in mind if not for now, then for future use.

Sorry about the confusion everyone. Yes, the shower is for BOTH babies - the boy that's already born and the unknown, unborn one as well. I'm sure since it will sort of be like having twins she'll need 2 of a lot of things, but if you look at her registry, there's hardly anything on it. Especially big things like high chairs and car seats.

I did do a little more searching after I made my original post and found something I could do using the Toy Box set.

Keep the ideas coming though!
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Celebrate

I love these cards by stampin3. Just use a baby yellow color instead of pink or blue. A message inside about babies and blessings would fit for both.
Celebrate Boy
Celebrate Girl
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes