Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Looking for...something hard to describe (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/looking-something-hard-describe-t562600.html)

Ocean County Stamper 10-14-2012 04:19 AM

Looking for...something hard to describe
HI! Here is what I'm trying to do: Take three sheets of cardstock and fasten them together, only in the upper left hand corner. The fastener would be something like a brad, but here's the kicker. The paper sheets need to be able to 'swing' or 'fan' so that I can see the two pages below. It's hard for me to describe. I am doing this project with a friend for her daughter's wedding. Using an eyelet, holds the three sheets together firmly, so they don't swing. Pretty much the same result with a brad, although I'm wondering if I can put something like a paperclip in between the 3 sheets, so that when I close the brad, it won't be tight against the paper so there will be clearance enough to allow the three sheets to swing or fan. That's the best idea I have so far, but if you are aware of something that would be more like the top and bottom of a brad that snaps together so that would allow extra room, to allow the 3 sheets to be nipped together, but still swing or fan away, please let me know! Thank you for any ideas!

NYstamper 10-14-2012 04:30 AM

I have no clue what you would call them, but I think there is something in the fabrics area that might work like you are describing. Maybe someone who sews would know? I am thinking along th line of what Stampin up uses for their new color wheel.

Leeann34 10-14-2012 05:23 AM

If you're punching the hole to the same size as the eyelet, it may be to tight to turn. Try punching the hole slightly bigger, place the eyelet, and don't overset. The bottom page would stay stationary and only the top 2 sheets will move ( or visa versa if you set it the other way)

Also, there's another type of eyelet that doesn't need a setter, you get two pieces and one "snaps" into the other. This may be easier for what you're trying to do, but I've only seen these in plastic.

Arizona 10-14-2012 05:43 AM

Sounds like two piece rivets may work for you. Something like these?
Volcano Arts | Embellishments

greekheroine 10-14-2012 05:43 AM

A grommet or 2 part eyelet might work.

Amazon.com: Dritz 2-Part Eyelets: Black: Home Improvement

Ocean County Stamper 10-14-2012 06:26 AM

Thank you!
Thank you everyone for responding. I will look at each of these options. The two piece rivet from volcano arts looks like exactly what may work!

stamphappy1650 10-14-2012 10:55 AM

What about a small jewlery jump ring?

gregzgurl 10-14-2012 03:34 PM

I bought some of the scrapbook posts to do something like this, but I was going to use coasters or CDs, so I needed it to be able to accommodate something relatively thick. I'm wondering if they make posts short enough for your project? Those just screw together through a punched hole...

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:11 PM.