Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Looking for lined paper (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/looking-lined-paper-t528993.html)

bluecore 05-24-2011 01:29 PM

Looking for lined paper

Hello everyone!

I am making journals with my daughter for her teachers and a few have requested pages that are lined. I cannot find simple lined pages that are card stock quality. Since we are making journals that will contain about 30 pages each, it is too costly to purchase fancy lined pages by the page at the local craft store. I looked at "printable paper" but their paper looks like notebook paper with a left margin as well as a "printable paper" label that cannot be edited out. :?

Can anyone help?

Thanks SO much!

~Becky

diane speed 05-24-2011 01:58 PM

I haven't really looked at this site properly but saved it for later. Thee may be something suitable.

Printable Paper

nancystamps 05-24-2011 03:06 PM

Are you binding them yourself? Have you considered just altering a journal? Sometimes Michaels has some in their dollar section that are great for altering. I've even bought some in the bargain section of Barnes and Noble, and just redecorated the covers. I loved the plain kraft books (with lined papers) that Target used to carry, they were perfect (and so reasonably priced) for altering. I hope you find something!

muscrat 05-24-2011 03:23 PM

Also, there are templates of lines that you could use, but it would take some time to do each page. I used a template when I made a small journal.

suni19 05-24-2011 05:39 PM

Have you seen the notebook paper that is on the digital images thread?

I believe a splitcoast member posted it. Not sure if it would work if you have to print so many though.

Sorry I'm not of more help!

buggainok 05-24-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecore (Post 18348909)
Hello everyone!

I am making journals with my daughter for her teachers and a few have requested pages that are lined. I cannot find simple lined pages that are card stock quality. Since we are making journals that will contain about 30 pages each, it is too costly to purchase fancy lined pages by the page at the local craft store. I looked at "printable paper" but their paper looks like notebook paper with a left margin as well as a "printable paper" label that cannot be edited out. :?

Can anyone help?

Thanks SO much!

~Becky

Could you carefully and painstakingly make a master sheet yourself, making the lines with a ruler/straight edge and a fine line pen? Then you could take it to Kinko's and copy it on whatever cardstock paper you want.

kphorse 05-24-2011 05:47 PM

You can go into Microsoft Office and make a page of lines and print on GP white, then cut into the size you need...

buggainok 05-24-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse (Post 18349728)
You can go into Microsoft Office and make a page of lines and print on GP white, then cut into the size you need...

Well of course.:) I don't seem to remember that they have stuff like that in MS Office. You can tell I came late to the party where computers are concerned.

I'm a very fast and accurate typist because I worked for years in offices - but more years with typewriters than computers.

Skippet 05-25-2011 02:15 AM

I have an older HP all-in-one printer and in the "tools" menu, it has an option that allows you to print lines on paper. I have used it for journaling pages. The only problem is that the only 2 colors you can use is blue (like notebook paper) and black if you print in grayscale. It also has come in handy when someone forgets to tell me until 10:00 p.m. that they are out of notebook paper and have an assignment due the next morning. There are school and college lined page options. You might check if your printer has something like this. HTH

pjw2855 05-25-2011 02:36 AM

Becky.....If you have MS Publisher, you can make a page of lined paper very easily. You would be able to space the lines any distance apart you want using the left hand ruler. Just do one page any size you want then save to your system so you can print out any number of pages on what ever medium you prefer.

Patti

marthur 05-25-2011 04:27 AM

I bought 65 lb. paper at Staples (ecru -looks like parchment a little) so it is heavier than copy paper but not too thick for making signatures. I then ran each side of the pages through the printer using a template that I made myself. It is kind of a pain but gets the job done. I did a large stack of pages at one time and have them in reserve for other projects.
Megan

crazystampchick 05-25-2011 07:21 AM

A Muse Studio has a great School Lined cardstock- looks just like a piece of notebook paper *love*! I use it for all my school/teacher themed projects.

LidaB 05-25-2011 01:03 PM

You could create a table in Word, and make the lines as wide as you want, adjust the line height, and also make the lines any color you want - pink, black, blue, green, whatever - then print as many sheets as you want and cut them apart in the size you want... Completely customizable!

Lisa