Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help on this one ladies.

I just joined a swap to help some ladies here on scs . I joined a state swap with ATC's and need to find some materials. wether it's paper , maps, On places in Arkansas. The card has to be representing the state in some way. But I need help in gathering supplies to put 50+1 cards together.

I don't have a working printer to print anything off. So that's not going to help me. I was wondering if anyone knows of any ideas I can use to put together an ATC for this state. Does anything pop out in anyones mind. What is there moto saying.

I went to the site and found areas of history for battles and such. but have nothing for that. Scenery places. Autumn days in the fall is the only thing I can come up with since I have leaves, and the word autumn. But it just doesn't seem to be quite enough . I really want something more.

Is there anything like a symbol and event that takes place that could help me. I really need lots of help on this one.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Arkansas has it's own "dig up your own diamond" place. It's the "Natural State", so there is lots of hunting (deer & duck), fishing, boating, hiking. There is still a lot of farming - cotton, rice, soybeans. The mascot for the Univ. of Arkansas is the razorback (I'm sure you've seen it).

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I was thinking the razorback also . . . and the beautiful hills & winding roads. . . I haven't been there since I was a teenager. (not that long ago! bwahahahaha!)

it's gonna be a good day tater! ~ Ron White
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Stupid question but what is the razorback.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you belong to AAA you can ask them for maps. I think they are free of charge. If you not and you still want maps you can always go to the library and copy one in black and white then ink the edges to make it antique!
Or you could stamp lovely as a tree on it and emboss in gold, they do have a lot of trees there. It is so beautiful. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Don't have that stamp set yet. Still on my wish list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

On their state quarter there is a diamond, a mallard, a lake, a forest, and a sheaf of rice see here.

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampT
On their state quarter there is a diamond, a mallard, a lake, a forest, and a sheaf of rice see here.
See, everything I said! ;) And a razorback is, I believe, like a wild hog with tusks. You should be able to pull up a picture of the mascot online. Arkansas also has natural hot springs that make for a great spa getaway.

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 03:15 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

How can I use this on a ATC. I can't draw,and don't have stamps for any of these things. Any suggestions on how to make an ATC with these ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Default help

Wow Lisa bummer about the printer. I joined and am doing NH. After I joined I went looking for a NH stamp of any kind and I couldn't find one. Unfortunately I printed alot off and cut and glued like crazy. I know I'm not much help but, did you go to the state website and see if there was anything you could make work? I was even thinking about trying to use the state quarter to stamp with.desperate times call for desperate measures. Sorry I wasn't much help but, I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome.
Kelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 03:59 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lisa,
Could you put something together on a graphics program and bring it to Office Max or Staples to be printed?

I live close to you but I don't think I have any stamps that fit in those catagories but I will double check
-:�:- ((��.��*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 05:37 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you look in your clip art program there should be some for each item listed. Go to your public library and print off a sheet of each - should only cost you small change there! That should be a good start for your template to do your cards! You could also choose your color scheme based on the license plate colors, college sports colors etc... there are lots of neat ideas for backgrounds in the tutorial area (I was just looking!) I hope this helps you some!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=kelly.sutterfield]Arkansas has it's own "dig up your own diamond" place.
Do you have dazzling diamonds? Could you do something with glitter and use the state colors as someone else suggested?
Christy
Don't worry about tomorrow, each day has enough trouble of it's own. (Matthew 6:34)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Here in Arkansas, we are very, very, very into our Razorbacks. Here's a link for some good ones: http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?t=606 For those of you who have heard our hog call, you should know that we teach our children at a very young age the proper way to call the Hogs. Whooooooo Pig, Sooooie! Razorbacks! :-D

We are also famous for our diamond mine, as many others have mentioned, so if you can find some sparkly embellishments like rhinestones, dazzling diamonds, and such, that would be awesome.

We are huge producers of rice in south Arkansas, which is why we have rice also pictured on our state quarter. Along with that, we have lots of duck hunting because of all the low-lying, flooded areas in south Arkansas. Deer hunting is also very big here in all parts of the state. Hunting of all kinds is very big actually. The great outdoors is a huge draw for us. He have lots of rivers and streams for fishing, boating, canoeing, etc. The Buffalo River is well-known as a great place to float (or paddle strenuously depending on the water level, LOL). It is natural beauty at its finest. We have low plains and high mountains when you move from the south to the north. Eureka Springs is charming--up in the hills with elegant Victorian homes perched on the hillsides along narrow winding streets.

And don't forget former President Bill Clinton. We love us some Bill around here. The Clinton Presidential Library has quickly become a well-recognized symbol of Arkansas. Some say it looks like a trailer that sticks out over the Arkansas River, but it was designed to invoke imagery of Bill's "bridge to the 21st century" that he was always talking about. It's a fantastic place.

Music is important to our heritage, as well. Think bluegrass, country, and folk. There is a charming community called Mountain View that is called the Folk Capital of America. It really is like stepping back in time when you see musicians out on the sidewalks just playing and singing. Anyone is free to join in. Just pull up a lawnchair and start strumming or humming. The fiddle is our state instrument, so that would be something easy to include in your ATC. Johhny Cash was from Arkansas. We are also home to the King Biscuit Jazz Festival.

This may sound a little weird, but I've always thought that the shape of Arkansas was especially attractive. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I guess I just love where I live. I also think our state flag is attractive. We use the diamond shape in it--remember that diamond mine we have.

Hope that helps. There is so much more--have you ever heard of Toad Suck Daze? That's a fun one. You can look that one up if you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 08:42 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

I love the photos of the razorback. I would love to see a picture of the flag. I also send out for some brochures so maybey I can use these on my cards. but I afraid they won't all look exactlly alike but at least they can be representing the state as much as possible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

some ideas off the top of my head.....

Do you have the Right at Home set? The houses in it could be used for the Victorian homes in Eureka Springs.
You could do the "rice in the baggie" background technique.
Dazzling diamonds would be good too...do you have the Fabulous Four set that was an SAB set. I think it has diamond rings in it. Does Mini Mates have a ring in it too?
you could copy a map of Arkansas from an atlas at the library and use pieces of it as the background

I was going to check your gallery to see what stamps you do have, but you don't have a gallery! why not?

I'll do some more thinking...
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

I found this website:
http://www.state.ar.us/education_res.php

it has links to the state flag, bird, tree, flower, etc.
Perhaps one of those things will remind you of a stamp set that you have that would work.
~Christopher Robin~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 02:52 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Thanks Beth I can use the state flower, honeybee, and pine tree. I started my card and so far I drew the map out on cardstock then cut it out and traced out 52 of them.SO that is going to be my background then layer it with these other items.

I also drew out a diamond since they have diamond mines out there and I used a glitter to cover it. I stamped a flower similiar to th state flower. This should cover the whole card pretty good.

Thanks to all you ladies for your suggestions now it's putting it all together.

Beth no I don't have any way to get a gallery of my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #19  
Forum Fanatic

sounds really great!
~Christopher Robin~
Reply With Quote Likes