Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   how much time? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/how-much-time-t306734.html)

klhbenson 12-10-2007 10:38 AM

how much time?

just curious....:)

how many hours a week do you spend stamping?

please indicate if you're a hobbyist, design team, or selling product!

kathy

mrs_hawkins 12-10-2007 10:43 AM

interesting question.....

I spent two hours stamping this morning. I work Tues - Thurs, do I don't usually stamp on those days. I almost always stamp on Mondays and Fridays. And the weekend it just depends on what else is going on. I'm going to go back down to my stamping room here soon.

So, I guess maybe 5-7 hours.

klhbenson 12-10-2007 10:59 AM

I'm really embarrassed with myself...feel a New Year's Resolution coming on...

I spent 1-3 hours a day reading blogs, looking at SCS gallery and forum... I dream lots, but do little. I probably only spend 4 hours/month actually stamping :( yeah...I need to change this! When I do stamp, I REALLY enjoy it.....love it when I get a great creation....

am I alone?

treely 12-10-2007 11:01 AM

Lately I have been stamping more because I am trying to finish off Christmas cards and gifts. In the last month or so, I have probably been spending approx. 10 hours a week. I try to stamp for an hour or so each night that I am at home, but the nights that my mom or sister join me, we usually spend much longer than that! Then on the weekends, I try to get in a couple of hours on the days that I don't have a lot scheduled. Just last night I spent 4 hours doing up gift baskets, candles & cards.

ctab 12-10-2007 11:04 AM

It really depends. Right now a lot, because I made christmas cards, coasters for presents, etc. I also made an entire scrapbook for someone for Christmas this year and two card sets so I've been stamping 2-4 hours a day.

As a demo I stamp a lot as well, because I love to stamp and am always trying to create new ideas for myself and my customers. Plus, it helps me keep my blog updated.

princess4101 12-10-2007 11:32 AM

I am a hobby stamper and i stamp at LEAST 15 hours a week! when the baby is in bed before I go to bed!!!

Mhewett 12-10-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbenson (Post 7972966)

I spent 1-3 hours a day reading blogs, looking at SCS gallery and forum... I dream lots, but do little. I probably only spend 4 hours/month actually stamping :( yeah...I need to change this! When I do stamp, I REALLY enjoy it.....love it when I get a great creation....

am I alone?

Um...no. I spend so much time on SCS that I often use up what little free time I had, so no time to actually stamp. I may join you in the New Year's Resolution.:)

staramaze 12-10-2007 12:08 PM

About 12-20 hours a week I'd guess... some weeks less, some weeks more! I am on a few DT... and I have personal projects I try to complete each week. I try to create something every day.

Stamp Happy Susie 12-10-2007 12:18 PM

I'd say approx. 15-20 a week unless there's something going on that keeps me from stamping on the weekend.

Stamp Happy Susie 12-10-2007 12:26 PM

Oops.... forgot to mention that I sell some things!

Carebear530 12-10-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbenson (Post 7972966)

am I alone?

Nope. I tend to do the same thing. But I do have days that I stamp all day. :)

jpmayo 12-10-2007 04:56 PM

sometimes 6 hours a week sometimes 15 hours a week, just depends:)

scrapshappen 12-10-2007 05:10 PM

Well, up until last week, I was making items to sell so I was stamping 20-30 hours a week. Now that's pretty much done til after the holidays and I am busy stamping my cards and gifts, etc. So will probably end up in the 20+ hours this week too.

greetingsbydebra 12-11-2007 04:18 AM

It varies for me, but I'd say in a normal week (not preparing for a craft show and no major events) about 15-20 hours. About 3 cards worth. LOL!

Dobby 12-11-2007 04:29 AM

It comes and goes. Sometimes I scrapbook instead. And sometimes I'm loading up on cards to sell. This last week I put in almost 20 hours, I think, but it's broken up with computer time.:mrgreen: