Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   hershey mini, paint cans, and double stick tape (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/hershey-mini-paint-cans-double-stick-tape-t7636.html)

stampinstephy 08-29-2004 07:05 PM

hershey mini, paint cans, and double stick tape

ok...just a couple questions....since all of you girls seem to know oh so much!...lol...

1. Does anyone know of or better yet have detailed instructions for printing words on the hershey mini bars? I have seen on here that u guys use avery labels to cover these (i actually use cardstock for color) but I didn't know how you would go about printing for example: Bill and Jill or something for a wedding, or baby shower, etc.

2. What size cardstock do u need to fit around the gallon paint cans? would it be a 12 x 12, or does it need to be larger? If so, what kind of paper do you get for projects requiring paper larger than 12 x 12?

3. Is there a cheaper website/place to get a better deal on double stick tape? I pay 2.50 for 1 roll. I know some of you are going !?!?!? is she thinking?? but I just grab what's quick, and am beginning to realize that's not the best thing.. :oops: I have found that glue sticks dont hold for long periods of time...the paper seems to come out after so long...perhaps im not using the right gluestick??

Help/Advice/Comments on any of these would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.....LOVE SCS!!

steph

Sereikastamper 08-29-2004 07:16 PM

Re: hershey mini, paint cans, and double stick tape

[quote="stampinstephy"]

1. Does anyone know of or better yet have detailed instructions for printing words on the hershey mini bars? I have seen on here that u guys use avery labels to cover these (i actually use cardstock for color) but I didn't know how you would go about printing for example: Bill and Jill or something for a wedding, or baby shower, etc.

You could print out on avery and brayer or sponge them for color

2. What size cardstock do u need to fit around the gallon paint cans? would it be a 12 x 12, or does it need to be larger? If so, what kind of paper do you get for projects requiring paper larger than 12 x 12?

It takes two pieces of 8.5x11 I have the instructions if you would like them...they are from Marcia Howell

3. Is there a cheaper website/place to get a better deal on double stick tape? I pay 2.50 for 1 roll. I know some of you are going !?!?!? is she thinking?? but I just grab what's quick, and am beginning to realize that's not the best thing.. :oops: I have found that glue sticks dont hold for long periods of time...the paper seems to come out after so long...perhaps im not using the right gluestick??

I have a contact from here on SCS pm me for her name

Dorinda 08-29-2004 07:16 PM

1 idea is to go to www.viking.com and you can get killer deals on the mono adhesive, better than a glue stick.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...t=viking+codes

try this thread about codes for deeper discounts at viking

Sereikastamper 08-29-2004 07:18 PM

Sorry Stephy I thought you needed something stronger than mono adhesive...the viking.com is the place to get mono!

stampinstephy 08-29-2004 07:27 PM

i did mean something stronger than mono, but i do need mono too, so thank you both!! i pm'd u keri about the info!! thanks again!

pjbstamper 08-29-2004 07:56 PM

You can use the label tool in MS Word and just put in card stock when you print instead of a sheet of labels. You'll have a lot of cutting to do. Another option could be to print the info on clear labels and put those on the card stock. The labels should be long enough to overlap and I think that might be strong enough to keep the card stock attached.

stampinstephy 08-29-2004 08:08 PM

that's an awesome idea pj!!! ideas on how to print it vertical vs. horizontal
i make candy bouquets, so the decorated bar sits vertical

pjbstamper 08-29-2004 08:14 PM

Should you print horizontal or vertical - that depends on how much space what you want to print takes. I like to print so that the words go across the labels the shorter way - especially if what you're printing will fit right on the top of the mini. Oh -oops, minis - not nuggets? I was picturing nuggets. You might have to use some kind of adhesive on the minis.

To print horizontal or vertical: I don't have word on this computer but I think you go into Format and choose cell. I'll try to remember to check on the other computer when I go upstairs.

RICTAM 08-29-2004 08:14 PM

Keri, I would like the instructions for covering the paint can, please. I can't figure out how to pm. Thanks.
Tammy

Jami 08-29-2004 08:20 PM

I'm also interested in paint can instructions. Are they posted somewhere here on SCS already?

pjbstamper 08-29-2004 08:23 PM

I think if you do a search for paint and can you'll come up with numerous posts, at least one of which will have directions.

stampinstephy 08-29-2004 08:25 PM

can u do a search in the forum?

Dorinda 08-29-2004 09:12 PM

yes, when you go to forums at the top of page then once you get there, you can do a search
HTH

sacramentostamper 08-29-2004 09:12 PM

Hi Steph. I think there might be a template (see link) for a mini candy bar at this site. Not for sure...

http://www.jersgirls.com/

Here's a link to the paint can instructions that I posted for someone last week. (same instructions that Keri had)

http://splitcoaststampers.com/forums...071&highlight=

Dorinda 08-29-2004 09:13 PM

across the top of page where it says FAQ search memberlist usergroups etc..

Sereikastamper 08-30-2004 04:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, here are the instructions for everyone...

pjbstamper 08-30-2004 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbstamper
To print horizontal or vertical:

it's even easier than I thought. Go into Format and click Text Direction :oops: :lol: