Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Help Me. . .My Cards Keep Disappearing out of the Gallery (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/help-me-my-cards-keep-disappearing-out-gallery-t5610.html)

Stampin SandyH 08-09-2004 05:54 AM

Help Me. . .My Cards Keep Disappearing out of the Gallery

Saturday evening I posted two different cards to the gallery. Both were accepted and even had comments. Saturday morning, both cards were gone. :( I read a post that if a newly posted card had the same name as anoher, it would be gone in a flash. I hadn't seen the names I gave my cards posted on anyone elses, but thought okay, I'll try one more time and give them new names. So yesterday (Sunday), I re-posted these same cards, gave them different names, they were accepted and also had comments and this morning they are gone :( as if I had never put them in the gallery. Can this problem be fixed, or is it just me? Thank you anyone for your help.

Sandy

jbalcer 08-09-2004 06:08 AM

Sandy,
I'll check it out,
Jenn

Happy Heart 08-09-2004 06:09 AM

This has happened to me, too. :( Did you change the card name or the file name? It's the file name that causes it to be deleted as a duplicate. Try adding your initials to the file name and see if you have more success. :wink:

jbalcer 08-09-2004 06:14 AM

Sandy, I just checked out your gallery. The file name must be different - this is the name of the file on your pc, not the name that shows up under your pictures in the gallery.

There are several in your gallery named MVC-####.jpg. There are several other people with the same type of digital camera, and this is where we have issues. The server does not know that your MVC-####.jpg file with one set is not a duplicate to somebody else's MVC-####.jpg file, and removes the most recent one.

Try this: Rename the pics on your pc before you upload them here. Make the name something like yourname_setname1.jpg.

This should solve the Incredible Disappearing Photo/Scan Problem!

Hope this helps,

Stampin SandyH 08-09-2004 06:16 AM

I changed the file name thinking that someone else had the same name. But both times, the cards disappeared. I had this happen a month or so ago on some RAK's I was uploading, so I changed the file name and added a few different words and the cards have stayed. I'm going to try it again and do waht you suggested by using my initials.

Thank you Jenn and Happy Heart for your help.

Sandy

Stampin SandyH 08-09-2004 06:17 AM

Thank you Jenn. Yes, there are probably more than one of us using a Sony digital camera. And I hadn't named my photos first. I will do that now and then try it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sandy

jbalcer 08-09-2004 06:23 AM

That's what I'm here for, Sandy! Glad to be of help. Have a terrific day!

Yes, it's Monday, and I am trying sooooo hard to be upbeat & positive! :)

Stampin SandyH 08-09-2004 06:29 AM

Yeah, Jenn, I believe it's going to work this time. I'll know from now on to name my files before I try to submit them. And yes, it's Monday for me also. I still have an 8 hour day ahead of me. You have a wonderful day and thank you again.

Sandy

jbalcer 08-09-2004 06:31 AM

Okie dokie, Sandy. That should do it. Just remember to rename the files before you upload, and all will be right in the uploading world.

Only 7 hours 30 minutes to go here. . .