Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Halloween test tubes (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/halloween-test-tubes-t506092.html)

chicoreco 09-16-2010 05:08 AM

Halloween test tubes

I have seen lots of cute ideas using test tubes for Halloween treats. Where can you buy them? And are they expensive?
Thanks

kitkat55 09-16-2010 05:29 AM

Hi,Tara.....I'm thinking you might be thinking of the M&Ms, gumballs, etc. in tubes?? There's a big thread regarding this, including lots of photo ideas and web resources for the bags (they're actually cello bags!!). It's located here:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...w-t502652.html

Hope this helps,

Kat

allamericanstampers 09-16-2010 07:39 AM

The Angel Company started carrying test tubes (not cellophane bags) this year. They come 4 for $2.95 and are 4" long x 3/4 " Dia

Hope that helps - they make a fun container for lots of great things!

Rubbernecker 09-16-2010 08:02 AM

I saw a Martha Stewart display at Michael's yesterday and they had test tubes in a package of 8 for $9.99 (I think) The MS stuff is on sale (20%) off this week but I would imagine the rest of the time you could use a coupon.

kspiv 09-16-2010 09:05 AM

Taylored Expressions carries them. They look so much fun!

Scrapjanny 09-16-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspiv (Post 17317309)
Taylored Expressions carries them. They look so much fun!

Unfortunately, they're out of stock. :( Thanks for the info., though.

PattiLynn 09-16-2010 12:27 PM

I bought mine at JoAnns with a 40% off coupon (these come with a cork stopper).

If you are looking for metal topped ones, I found mine at Impress Rubber Stamps.

bradley's_mom 09-16-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattiLynn (Post 17318372)
I bought mine at JoAnns with a 40% off coupon (these come with a cork stopper).

If you are looking for metal topped ones, I found mine at Impress Rubber Stamps.

What part of Joann's did you find them in?

MaggieSt 09-16-2010 07:40 PM

There's a thread about test tubes at JoAnns in the Announcement section...:)

jeanstamping2 09-16-2010 09:49 PM

I just received 2 set's of 4 test tubes from The Angel Company.

They are cool. I will be using mine for little goody treats for my scrapping/stamping friends.

(Next weekend for our scrapping/stamping retreat)

Only I was thinking about filling them with Ribbon, eyelets, brads. Instead of Candy.

I'll share with you all when I get them done...Hopefully before we go on Friday.

PattiLynn 09-17-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradley's_mom (Post 17321196)
What part of Joann's did you find them in?

My JoAnns had a Halloween section with all Martha Stewart products. Also in the section were labels for bottles, wall vinyl, etc.......

Lisa S 09-17-2010 10:15 AM

The ones I used in patterns for my Test Tube Holders are the Martha Stewart Ones

misse336 09-17-2010 11:43 AM

I went to two different Joann's, 2 Michael's and 2 AC Moores and they were all sold out of them.:( PTI carries them (called Trendy Tubes), but they're currently sold out - hopefully they get some more in soon.

speanburg4 09-17-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misse336 (Post 17323683)
I went to two different Joann's, 2 Michael's and 2 AC Moores and they were all sold out of them.:( PTI carries them (called Trendy Tubes), but they're currently sold out - hopefully they get some more in soon.

The ones PTI carries can be bought directly from the manufacturer at sks-bottle. Here is a link to the actual product...SKS Bottle & Packaging, Plastic Tubes, Plastic Tubes, Clear PET Round Tubes w/ Silver Metal Screw Caps I haven't ordered from them yet, but only because I don't know how many I want. They are really neat! The ones PTI carries are the 3/4" by either 4" or 6". If you only want a few, PTI is probably the best way to go. But if you want 48(or more), sks-bottle is a little better deal.

Scrapjanny 09-17-2010 03:24 PM

Thanks for the link! I'm going to email some of my friends and see if they want to go in on a big order. I also bought the Wilton's Halloween candy decorations kit, which comes in test tubes on a stand. It was $9.99, and I used a 40% off coupon, so it was a pretty good deal. There are 4 test tubes, and I'm going to empty the candy decorations into a jar and use the test tubes.

chicoreco 09-17-2010 03:28 PM

Thanks for all the info--I will be in the craft stores this weekend so hopefully I will find some- I will let you know how I make out
Thanks again

craftymel 09-18-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4 (Post 17324318)
The ones PTI carries can be bought directly from the manufacturer at sks-bottle. Here is a link to the actual product...SKS Bottle & Packaging, Plastic Tubes, Plastic Tubes, Clear PET Round Tubes w/ Silver Metal Screw Caps I haven't ordered from them yet, but only because I don't know how many I want. They are really neat! The ones PTI carries are the 3/4" by either 4" or 6". If you only want a few, PTI is probably the best way to go. But if you want 48(or more), sks-bottle is a little better deal.

I love SKS! Shipping is pretty quick too! I have a closet full of SKS packaging:oops:

nancystamps 09-18-2010 11:08 AM

Subbing for great info.

basket2 09-22-2010 03:59 AM

I found the same test tubes at JoAnn Fabric last night. They were $7.99 plus you can use a 40% coupon and they have a 50% coupon coming out soon.

wimarinemom2006 09-22-2010 04:30 AM

I'm so glad someone asked this question. I've been trying to find them but hasn't having much luck.

binx 09-22-2010 04:36 AM

This has probably been mentioned - don't have time to read all of the responses just now - but Oriental Trading Company has them, plastic, not cellophane.

So, just in case no one has mentioned it, you can try there.

staceylovespaper 09-22-2010 05:16 AM

I found mine at Walmarts last year. They are plastic with plastic screw tops, but the tops were colored orange, green and purple. They had some kind of gooey, gummy candy in them so I had to wash and dry them, but I got a pack of 10 for $5. They were with all the Halloween candy.

Scrapjanny 09-22-2010 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binx (Post 17343192)
This has probably been mentioned - don't have time to read all of the responses just now - but Oriental Trading Company has them, plastic, not cellophane.

So, just in case no one has mentioned it, you can try there.

Thank you so much! I just placed my order for these, mini mister spray bottles, and masking tape - all at great prices. I just wish the shipping was less, but I guess I'd spend more than that on gas if I were to drive all over looking for these. :)

Jami 09-22-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny (Post 17318203)
Unfortunately, they're out of stock. :( Thanks for the info., though.

Taylored Expressions just got them back in stock. 6 for 4.95 - Approximate size of each tube: 6" tall x 3/4" wide.

Test Tubes - Set of 6

tupwareamy 09-22-2010 01:31 PM

Test Tubes

SKS does have them in two different sizes. A bunch of us just placed an order for about 1,000 of them to make Halloween goodies with, etc. I am going to use them for Christmas goodies for my co-workers! They were pretty reasonable between 40 and 50 cents each

lupelu 09-22-2010 01:43 PM

test tubes

someone beat me to it, but i ordered from oriental trading and they were great! good buy.

Phillis 09-22-2010 01:46 PM

Just found this web site.

Giant Test Tubes (Baby Soda Bottles) pack of 15

jenmitchell 09-22-2010 03:59 PM

I've been haunting every Michael's within a 20 mile radius of my house for the MS test tubes. They haven't had them in a few years. I got some last year at Ellen Hutson's but they are out of stock now. I was surprised to read that others have seen them at Michael's and Joann's. Hopefully I can get over to Joann's to check them out soon. I like the MS ones the best because of the cork stopper. I'm not a big fan of the metal screw cap. If anyone comes across a plastic one with a cork stopper I'd love to know where to get it!

Kjpp 09-22-2010 04:09 PM

subbing..great ideas here!

lindsaymay 09-22-2010 05:04 PM

I use plastic test tube shooters, they are way cheaper and food safe. You might be able to get them at a bar but I ordered a kit that had 50 clear tubes, 50 endcaps and an aluminum rack for $18 from Shot wizard.com. Next time I'll get the larger bulk pack and split it with friends as shipping is high and I don't need another rack but It is way cheaper than the craft store versions. Don't buy the "unbreakable" ones, they are frosted, get the crystal clear, they come in the set. Here is what I made and details are on my blog. My son is having a Harry Potter b-day party so I am going to make some favors with them:)
http://thefrugalcrafter.files.wordpr...pg?w=468&h=357

wimarinemom2006 09-22-2010 05:54 PM

Now that we all know where to buy the test tubes how are you going to fill them with? I'm thinking M&Ms.

[email protected] 09-23-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wimarinemom2006 (Post 17346589)
Now that we all know where to buy the test tubes how are you going to fill them with? I'm thinking M&Ms.

I use m&m's mostly, but skittles work well too. I also use pixie stix, 5 or 6 fit perfectly. I have seen some use Nerds candy, or even gumballs.

misteri1 09-24-2010 01:05 PM

i just ordered a lot of tubes from lake charles lab supplies and unfortunately they are tapered and don't fit any candy (except 10 jelly belly beans) due to that. this wasn't listed on the product site, and since shipping was expensive (so were the tubes) i'm forced to eat the costs. so a warning-- if you order from a company, ask if the tubes are tapered first!!

Lisa S 09-25-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenmitchell (Post 17346039)
I've been haunting every Michael's within a 20 mile radius of my house for the MS test tubes. They haven't had them in a few years. I got some last year at Ellen Hutson's but they are out of stock now. I was surprised to read that others have seen them at Michael's and Joann's. Hopefully I can get over to Joann's to check them out soon. I like the MS ones the best because of the cork stopper. I'm not a big fan of the metal screw cap. If anyone comes across a plastic one with a cork stopper I'd love to know where to get it!

They have them back at my local M's this year

misteri1 09-26-2010 03:49 AM

i was joyously wrong. the tubes from lake charles labs also fit skittles, smarties, and sugar babies. not the best halloween treats but oh well kids, deal with it! :) i can also put pixy stick powder, or hot chocolate in (for xmas.)

jen- if you want me to check my local michael's, i'd be happy to, and then send them, as long as you pay shipping. email me at [email protected].

buttons2 09-26-2010 06:20 AM

I was at a stamping convention yesterday and morningstarstamps.com had some. They are plastic with round bottoms, 5" x 1/2" with plastic push-in (vs screw on) lids. They are .50 each or $1.25/3. They are not listed on their website but can just add to the order form. HTH.

Wanda

Hearts0314 09-26-2010 10:02 AM

Anyone else interested in doing a buy-in from SKS with me?

mebarb2 10-02-2010 05:16 PM

I went to order some test tubes from SKS and my shipping was over $12 for a $21 order. Yikes! You'd think they could send 48 little test tubes for less than $12! Anyone know of anywhere you can get them for less?

Hearts0314 10-03-2010 06:31 AM

mebarb2 - I just recieved a few test tubes I ordered from ShotWizard. They were $0.32-$0.34 each and the tops were only $0.10 each. Shipping was reasonable starting at $2.92 for where I live and shipping was super fast. Now, I don't know how wide they are but I tried fitting an M&M and it didn't quite fit in nicely. They went in slanted, but fit. It might have to do with the size I ordered. I got the 5-inch, (3/4 oz.) Clear Rigid Plastic Shot Tubes. Maybe the 6-inch are a bit wider.

HTH!