Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Flourishes? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/flourishes-t583829.html)

Joan B 02-03-2014 02:18 AM

Flourishes?

I can't tell what is happening. Is this company selling or going out of business? They are having a huge 30% off sale right now. This is one of my favorite companies. I hope they stay in business.

Skippet 02-03-2014 02:42 AM

Well, Joan, it would be a perfect retirement project for you ...........................

Jan Marie explains things in her latest "from the desk of" post. She has health issues that prevent her from continuing. Certainly wish her the best!

http://flourishes.org/2014/02/from-the-desk-of-3/

Joan B 02-03-2014 02:48 AM

LOL Wouldn't that be great?

QueenOfInkland 02-03-2014 02:52 AM

Read the 'From the Desk of' blogpost dated Feb 2 2014:
http://flourishes.org/2014/02/from-the-desk-of-3/

RiverIsis 02-03-2014 03:31 AM

Joan, to me it reads like they don't know and are hoping another person or business will come in and take them on. I hope it all works out.

dini 02-03-2014 03:33 AM

Thanks for posting that link, Kathy. Jan Marie had announced the 'for sale' status of the company last night in our Announcements forum, but without any of the details she shared in her post.

The Gamblers Sale is a progressive sale that started with a 10% discount - the discount goes up 10% each week as the stock goes down. That's the gamble.

Joan B 02-03-2014 04:57 AM

thanks. I read her post and it still wasn't clear to me. I guess she is looking for a buyer.

StickUps 02-03-2014 05:16 AM

I just want to pop in and say how very sorry I am. I wish the very best for Jan Marie and her company.

RIRed2 02-03-2014 07:28 AM

I do pray she will be ok. Flourishes has some of the most beautiful stamps and papers.

Skippet 02-03-2014 07:26 PM

I notice that the post that was in Announcements is gone. I am hoping that may mean that they found a buyer. But, of course, it could just mean that a mod moved it the Buy Trade & Sell forum.

babyclaire 02-06-2014 10:10 AM

I just placed an order for my favorite sets. I soooo love this stamp company. We all pray for her health and for success with the sale to another stamp company,
who loves her stamps and the vision of what she has created.

Dragonwold 02-06-2014 11:09 AM

oh my goodness I love this company and there stamps and the matching copic markers - I have not been ordering as I am on a spending freeze but use many of there stamps

babyclaire 02-06-2014 12:09 PM

I know... that is why I placed an order for the last of the sets I don't have ..just in case. ~~

Karen Wallace 02-07-2014 02:38 AM

I see she took down the announcement, I hope they can sell, I would be lost without their flowers from Marcella, hers are just so gorgeous!

tinkerbell62 06-28-2015 11:09 AM

I know it's been over a year ...

Has anyone heard how Jan Marie is doing or anything about the sale of the company?

lesliespringer 06-28-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbell62 (Post 21012824)
Has anyone heard how Jan Marie is doing or anything about the sale of the company?

This is what I found when I GOGGLED
TLady Designs: THE "NEW" FLOURISHES!!!!

Marella Hawley has this website
Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley Designs for Living in Full Bloom

Barbara Jay 06-28-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringer (Post 21012835)
This is what I found when I GOGGLED
TLady Designs: THE "NEW" FLOURISHES!!!! This is dated March 18 2014

Marella Hawley has this website
Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley Designs for Living in Full Bloom

Is there more current information ?

lesliespringer 06-28-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara Jay (Post 21012924)
Is there more current information ?

If you click on the blogs banner, it is a current blog. Updated as of June 23, 2015
Here

TLady Designs

That is the current info I found with a 3 min GOGGLE search.

I don't know if there is any more info out there as I did not spend to much time searching when I found this current blog.

Goggle is your friend ;)

I do know the store has been closed, and flower designer Marella Hawley has her own stamps and digis. I posted her link above. You can get to her blog from the store link.

SkyNacho 06-28-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringer (Post 21012971)
If you click on the blogs banner, it is a current blog. Updated as of June 23, 2015
Here

TLady Designs

That is the current info I found with a 3 min GOGGLE search.

I don't know if there is any more info out there as I did not spend to much time searching when I found this current blog.

Goggle is your friend ;)

I do know the store has been closed, and flower designer Marella Hawley has her own stamps and digis. I posted her link above. You can get to her blog from the store link.

The blog is current; the post is from over a year ago.

And I only use goggles in the swimming pool. I prefer google as my search engine. :)

lesliespringer 06-28-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNacho (Post 21013056)
The blog is current; the post is from over a year ago.

And I only use goggles in the swimming pool. I prefer google as my search engine. :)

:p

Sorry I don't have time to read the blog to find out more info. I just posted it for the person who inquired about it.

She gave some info on that old post, but again I don't feel I need to read it to give people info on Flourishes. People can read the info for themselves

Skippet 06-28-2015 05:17 PM

I believe this was the last post by the blogger on the status of Jan Marie and Flourishes:

TLady Designs: Some NEWS for you!

It appears that all the references to Flourishes dated before this post have been crossed out. Fortunately all of her creations with Flourishes stamps are still there. She did some really gorgeous stuff with their stamps.

I haven't heard anything from anywhere since.

NancyK. 06-29-2015 04:49 AM

On the Flourishses facebook page it looks like there is a new design team call.

dini 06-29-2015 05:19 AM

Just found this note on Jan Marie's Facebook page, where she's been actively pinning stamp sets to a Pinterest board:

"It won't be long tillwe up and running and better than before. I found that my health foced me into hibernation. While i9n hibernation I found Inspiration and now everything I see Inspiration. The store is getting a total redo, that includs me as well. "

Here is the DT call:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...37557556287758

Interesting.

GirlFriday 06-29-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringer (Post 21013070)
:p

Sorry I don't have time to read the blog to find out more info. I just posted it for the person who inquired about it.

She gave some info on that old post, but again I don't feel I need to read it to give people info on Flourishes. People can read the info for themselves

Are you having a bad day?

lesliespringer 06-29-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFriday (Post 21013860)
Are you having a bad day?

Well, since you asked.......NO....BUT it really bothers me went questions are asked and I post a blog site and people don't bother to read further than the first page on a blog, expecting others to due additional research.