Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Do you stamp better or worse when your stressed? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/do-you-stamp-better-worse-when-your-stressed-t305203.html)

ebethneu 12-03-2007 03:06 PM

Do you stamp better or worse when your stressed?

Like anybody I have a ton of stuff going on and sometimes the only time my mind is quiet and I can focus is when I stamp, other times I cant think straight enough to create anything.

And honestly if I think about all that's going on then Im surprised I even make it out of bed and showered most days.

Sorry to be debby downer, the last few months have been hard. Just wondering what helps other people.

tx stamper 12-03-2007 03:17 PM

I stamp Worse in that condition. However, I find that when I am relieved by a friend, I stamp better.

ebethneu 12-03-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx stamper (Post 7898649)
Worse.

Sorry, hopefully it doesnt last very long.

knightrone 12-03-2007 03:23 PM

I stamp better in that condition, because it relaxes me. I enjoy it more then too, because it makes me happy and I am doing it for me and noone else. I hope that everything in your life gets better soon!!

Stamp Happy Susie 12-03-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneu (Post 7898512)
Like anybody I have a ton of stuff going on and sometimes the only time my mind is quiet and I can focus is when I stamp, other times I cant think straight enough to create anything.

And honestly if I think about all that's going on then Im surprised I even make it out of bed and showered most days.

Sorry to be debby downer, the last few months have been hard. Just wondering what helps other people.

I know how you feel... the last 3 months have been very hard for me. I didn't get much stamping done and most days I didn't even turn on my laptop (those who know me think that's a miracle). :) On the days I did stamp it seemed like nothing I did turned out right.

Hang in there hon.... things do get better.

Gina K. Designs 12-03-2007 05:04 PM

You know, sometimes I stamp better when I am stressed. It depends on the stress tho'.

Scarey stress where you're worried about big things like health, kids, etc... NO. But stress like- you gotta' get those samples done for an article or release- YES.

Interesting topic!
:)

kk127 12-03-2007 05:12 PM

I always' work better under pressure I am still waiting for a shipment to start
my Christmas cards.\Oh well they will get done.
LOL

The MFT Lady 12-03-2007 05:15 PM

I agree with Gina! I will say tho that stamping came to me during the most difficult year of my life and provided real joy that i desperately needed so it occurs to me that there is therapy in stamping as well.

steubner 12-03-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT Lady (Post 7900111)
I agree with Gina! I will say tho that stamping came to me during the most difficult year of my life and provided real joy that i desperately needed so it occurs to me that there is therapy in stamping as well.

Took the words right outta my mouth, girl!

annieht 12-03-2007 05:57 PM

Listening to John Mayer always brings out my best workhttp://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4...sguitar6ti.gif

Joan B 12-03-2007 06:22 PM

I don't know. I don't remember a time when I wasn't stressed!!!!!!

Babsnelson 12-03-2007 07:23 PM

I kinda like the stress too. It seems to help me release all the clutter and really focus in on what I'm doing. But I wouldn't want to work that way all the time ;)

ADW 12-03-2007 08:33 PM

Sometimes I am better and sometimes not. It really does depend on the actual thing being stressed about.:)

craftycrunchymama 12-04-2007 04:53 AM

When I'm stressed out I have to clean. So my house ends up looking great, but the only time I can stamp under stress is if it is caused by me and my procrastination.

I do find any type of crafting therapeutic though. Once I get into it.

I hope things start getting better for you.

Jeanne S 12-04-2007 04:57 AM

I don't do anything well when I'm stressed.

Some of my best stuff has come to me when I'm under a deadline though. To me that's different than stress though.

Joan B 12-04-2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 7904700)
I don't do anything well when I'm stressed.

Some of my best stuff has come to me when I'm under a deadline though. To me that's different than stress though.

Jeanne -- no matter what you stamp, it rocks, whether you are stressed or not. Please send all of your stressed out rejects to me!

greetingsbydebra 12-04-2007 05:30 AM

Stamping helps keep me sane. It's a place where I can let go of the outside world and get lost in something else for awhile. Without it I'd be a basket case.

sassyat30 12-04-2007 05:35 AM

Honestly, I don't stamp when I'm stressed or overwhelmed (which is why I haven't stamped much the last couple months ;)).

I just find I'm not able to "clear" my mind and concentrate to produce the end product I want.

*hugs* I hope things get better for you! :)

sassyat30 12-04-2007 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftycrunchymama (Post 7904681)
When I'm stressed out I have to clean. So my house ends up looking great, but the only time I can stamp under stress is if it is caused by me and my procrastination.

I do find any type of crafting therapeutic though. Once I get into it.

I hope things start getting better for you.

Yup! Another stress cleaner here! :p

The MFT Lady 12-04-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annieht (Post 7900806)
Listening to John Mayer always brings out my best workhttp://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4...sguitar6ti.gif

He's one of my celebrity *exemptions*! Yummy!!!! And so much better live!

The MFT Lady 12-04-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30 (Post 7904941)
Yup! Another stress cleaner here! :p

PLEASE COME TO FL! Now! Get in your car and start heading South!

sassyat30 12-04-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT Lady (Post 7906634)
PLEASE COME TO FL! Now! Get in your car and start heading South!

Welllll, I'll be there on January 3rd...is that soon enough?? :mrgreen:

Quiltnstamper 12-04-2007 08:56 PM

When I'm stressed I can't seem to focus on anything. I work better in the morning or after dinner.