Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for the Week Ending April 17, 2011 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/clean-simple-cas-favorites-week-ending-april-17-2011-a-t526083.html)

LateBlossom 04-17-2011 03:49 AM

Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for the Week Ending April 17, 2011
 
Welcome to the Clean and Simple (or CAS) Favorites of the Week thread! Each week, this thread helps us celebrate the CAS style by acknowledging those gallery uploads that do a lot with just a little...in simple and minimally embellished projects that shine because of good design and respect for white space. CAS may look simple, but it's far from easy to pull off!

EVERYONE...and that's YOU...is invited to add links to their favorite CAS projects from the past week's gallery uploads to this thread. Newbies are very welcome, so jump right in and celebrate the Clean and Simple Style!

I'll get us started.

lisaadd used some textured cardstock, a fab monochromatic scheme, and a cool border punch to make her pretty teal Hello card

danascott96 made a fab flower grid with a very creative pen-and-gemstone frame

Clear and Simple's Mending Kit card is just so cute it will definitely cheer anyone on the mend

debdeb...well, I only have two words to describe how cool her card is: Lava Lamp!

Tilly used a fab sky and clouds background to make a card of encouragement and her white penned frame is absolutely perfect

Freshn'Sassy made a couple of totally super Papertrey cards: a sweet window card with lots of glorious white space and a fab unisex one-layer birthday card, both with the Modern Basics set

biggan's rocks and flowers card shows of her incredible coloring skills and a fabulous use of Liquid Pearls

Oddesigns made a fun and punchy balloon card that also uses a white pen perfectly



My gallery time was pretty limited this week, but I was still able to find these nine beauties, which means I missed A LOT! So I can't wait to see what you share, too.

Happy Palm Sunday, everyone!

vdm 04-17-2011 04:30 AM

I have a few this week.

This really cute card complete with popcorn by bambi64; IC280 Popcorn Birthday!_ajh by bambi64 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This cute little chickadee by Dawn: IC280 A Mother's Comfort by DawnL - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This beautiful heart; CAS114 So Happy! by ctorina - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Karen has a beauty with this one; CAS114, Friends and Flowers by k dunbrook - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have a great week......

k dunbrook 04-17-2011 04:40 AM

wow....thanks so much Vicki aka vdm, for the mention of my card...you really made my day!! So appreciated.

hobbydujour 04-17-2011 04:57 AM

My favorite of this week was a card by Karen Dunbrook...Created for You.

k dunbrook 04-17-2011 05:28 AM

oh Sallie....thanks so very much for the mention of my card.....so very appreciated!

jdmommy 04-17-2011 07:27 AM

Here's what I loved this week:
Jojot's Elvis' Guitar
DandI93's Peep Show
ctorina's So Happy!
and because I love giraffes..........
clownmom's Baby Giraffe

momof5sons 04-17-2011 07:28 AM

Those cards mentioned are all wonderful...TFS. Here are some that I found particularly interesting, creative or just plain beautiful this week:
BarbieP's gorgeous sympathy CASE: CASing my own card by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Lisa's adorable embedded bib: CAS114 Embedded Baby Bib by lisa lara - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Biggan showing that she is as competent with a punch as with a brush: TLC320 Punched leaves by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Cathleen's gorgeous notecards:CC318 Spring Note Cards by ctorina - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and her very non-grungy rockstar: MMTPT141 Rockstar! by ctorina - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Stampercamper's white on white with past//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1951776?&cat=all&what=keywords&si=CASel highlights:
Bar's gorgeous blossoms: Cherry Blosssom Hello by Bar - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Angela's high-flying card: CAS Aim for the clouds by jellybean74 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Chanteuse's spring floral: SC328 A Bouquet for You by chanteuse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Sabrina's unboxy challenge card: FLLCAPR11 Spring Peacock by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Kim's contemplative beauty: WT318, CAS, SUO Be True To You... by Luv Flowers - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Ilina's butterflies: **Ilina's Favorite** DINSP0411 Flight of the Butterfly by ilinacrouse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Harriet's pretty Easter eggs: Eggs-tra Special Easter by hskelly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Irene's gorgeous Mother's Day CASE: QFTD56 Mom's Love by DandI93 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Boss's pretty card for her DMIL: Mulberry Flower & Leaves - Easter Blessing by Boss - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and this inspirational card by mtgchic: You Can Do It! by mtgchic - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks to all who continue to make and post CAS cards. I am very grateful for the inspiration.
Have a peaceful week.

jellybean74 04-17-2011 07:45 AM

Thank you so much Marie for mentioning my "Aim for the Clouds" card. You've made my day!!

jojot 04-17-2011 08:01 AM

OMGoodness.....thanks to Anne for mentioning my Elvis card......a CAS from me....wow......thanks for encouraging me, my friend

and..thanks to Karen for letting me know about this.....

hugs
joanne

DandI93 04-17-2011 08:02 AM

What a nice surprise to have two of my cards mentioned today , A big thank you to Anne " jdmommy" for mentioning my Peep Show card. I'm so glad you like my humorous side, hehehe, and also a big thank you to Marie, "momof5sons" for mentioning my Mom's Love card. Big Hugs to both of you

Thanks Karen, you are a sweetheart for always letting us know.

momof5sons 04-17-2011 08:18 AM

oops! my link to stampercamper's card was done incorrectly. Sorry!
CC318 Flower Garden Hello by stampercamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

k dunbrook 04-17-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof5sons (Post 18214975)
oops! my link to stampercamper's card was done incorrectly. Sorry!
CC318 Flower Garden Hello by stampercamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

thanks Marie...was just going to pm you.....

Clownmom 04-17-2011 08:31 AM

Thanks so much, Anne, for mentioning my Baby Giraffe card. And thanks to Karen (k dunbrook) for letting me know. I have one spectacular card in my favorites this week -- BE_WT318_MFP_Garden Fairies_Water Sprite by ButterflyEars - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Nicole didn't tag it CAS, but it's just a photo and a stamp and a ribbon. That's pretty CAS to me!

lisaadd 04-17-2011 08:49 AM

Thank you, Susan, for mentioning my card in your list of favorites...your encouragement means so very much:)!!! Thanks, to you Karen for taking your time to let me know...I appreciate it:)!!! Smiling in Sunny Chesapeake!!

k dunbrook 04-17-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisaadd (Post 18215077)
Thank you, Susan, for mentioning my card in your list of favorites...your encouragement means so very much:)!!! Thanks, to you Karen for taking your time to let me know...I appreciate it:)!!! Smiling in Sunny Chesapeake!!

I'm glad someone is smiling in the sun....I woke up to snow....SNOW!!, it's snowing ....is it April!!??.....what's going on up here in Ontario.

CAKath 04-17-2011 08:53 AM

I have had so little time to stamp or gallery gaze these past few weeks, so I really look forward to seeing the best of the best on Sundays. Thanks to Susan for starting this faithfully each week and to all who participate to show off their favorite creations. I try to send as many comments as I can to these talented stampers.

lisa lara 04-17-2011 10:19 AM

AWWWWWWW.....THANK YOU MARIE aka momof5sons for mentioning my bib card. Made my day. THANK YOU.

HERE'S MY TOP TEN FAVES THIS WEEK

n5stamper
SeattleStamper
MaryDawn
smriti
Cook22
Clear and Simple
kittie747
bfinlay
Brat Cards
resqbarbie

kittie747 04-17-2011 10:37 AM

Lisa, thanks so much for favoriting baby jungle card. I really appreciate it so much!

Bar 04-17-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof5sons (Post 18214744)
Those cards mentioned are all wonderful...TFS. Here are some that I found particularly interesting, creative or just plain beautiful this week:
BarbieP's gorgeous sympathy CASE: CASing my own card by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Lisa's adorable embedded bib: CAS114 Embedded Baby Bib by lisa lara - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Biggan showing that she is as competent with a punch as with a brush: TLC320 Punched leaves by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Cathleen's gorgeous notecards:CC318 Spring Note Cards by ctorina - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and her very non-grungy rockstar: MMTPT141 Rockstar! by ctorina - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Stampercamper's white on white with past//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1951776?&cat=all&what=keywords&si=CASel highlights:
Bar's gorgeous blossoms: Cherry Blosssom Hello by Bar - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Angela's high-flying card: CAS Aim for the clouds by jellybean74 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Chanteuse's spring floral: SC328 A Bouquet for You by chanteuse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Sabrina's unboxy challenge card: FLLCAPR11 Spring Peacock by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Kim's contemplative beauty: WT318, CAS, SUO Be True To You... by Luv Flowers - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Ilina's butterflies: **Ilina's Favorite** DINSP0411 Flight of the Butterfly by ilinacrouse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Harriet's pretty Easter eggs: Eggs-tra Special Easter by hskelly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Irene's gorgeous Mother's Day CASE: QFTD56 Mom's Love by DandI93 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Boss's pretty card for her DMIL: Mulberry Flower & Leaves - Easter Blessing by Boss - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and this inspirational card by mtgchic: You Can Do It! by mtgchic - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks to all who continue to make and post CAS cards. I am very grateful for the inspiration.
Have a peaceful week.

WOW!!! Thank you so much, Marie, for mentioning my card!! And, as always, thanks to Karen for letting me know! Y'all just make a gorgeous day even better!

DawnL 04-17-2011 12:13 PM

thanks Vicki! you made my day mentioning my Chickadee!

ctorina 04-17-2011 12:25 PM

Vicky, and Anne, thanks so much for mentioning my So Happy card...you both made me so happy!

ctorina 04-17-2011 12:26 PM

Marie, thank you so much for mentioning my Note Cards and Rockstar card, what a happy way to start my day!

TrishG 04-17-2011 12:34 PM

My CAS favorites this week...

CAS On the Grow by sharonstamps
CC51 Punched Tulips by saffivort
Card and gift card holder by limedoodle
a card kth by kthaman
Inspired By Nature by GCgirl67
CAS114: Happy Easter by love5523
DQ-LOC-OUTLAWZ-CAS-Rose in red by Word Bird
Be Real by davesgram
allee's QFTD56 by allee's

debdeb 04-17-2011 12:38 PM

Thanks, Susan, for FAVing my hot little lava lamp and leaving such a fun comment here! Thanks also to Karen for telling me! I am so pleased that my son has TWO real lava lamps and loves 'em! Such a fun image, even if it DOES date me! ;)

Boss 04-17-2011 01:05 PM

My smile is a mile wide right now. I made the cut for CAS Favorites of the Week, first time ever! :D

Thank you, Marie, for mentioning my "Mulberry Flower and Leaves" card in your list of favorites. I'm delighted to be included with all these wonderfully creative ladies. :cool: And Karen, I thank you for letting me know of the mention!

Susy

fionna51 04-17-2011 01:54 PM

Here's some of my CAS faves from this week...

darleenstamps
jacynthe
HeartHugsDesigns
BethAnne61
icinganne
Laura ODonnell
MacKenzie
ctobas77

Loved the gallery this week! Thanks to all!

allee's 04-17-2011 02:15 PM

Thanks, Trish, for including my sympathy card in your CAS favorites this week! What a thrill!

Clear and Simple 04-17-2011 02:19 PM

Aww big hugs Susan - thank you for the mention! Talk about a pick me up :) great way to end a weekend - thank you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossom (Post 18214070)
Welcome to the Clean and Simple (or CAS) Favorites of the Week thread! Each week, this thread helps us celebrate the CAS style by acknowledging those gallery uploads that do a lot with just a little...in simple and minimally embellished projects that shine because of good design and respect for white space. CAS may look simple, but it's far from easy to pull off!

EVERYONE...and that's YOU...is invited to add links to their favorite CAS projects from the past week's gallery uploads to this thread. Newbies are very welcome, so jump right in and celebrate the Clean and Simple Style!

I'll get us started.

lisaadd used some textured cardstock, a fab monochromatic scheme, and a cool border punch to make her pretty teal Hello card

danascott96 made a fab flower grid with a very creative pen-and-gemstone frame

Clear and Simple's Mending Kit card is just so cute it will definitely cheer anyone on the mend

debdeb...well, I only have two words to describe how cool her card is: Lava Lamp!

Tilly used a fab sky and clouds background to make a card of encouragement and her white penned frame is absolutely perfect

Freshn'Sassy made a couple of totally super Papertrey cards: a sweet window card with lots of glorious white space and a fab unisex one-layer birthday card, both with the Modern Basics set

biggan's rocks and flowers card shows of her incredible coloring skills and a fabulous use of Liquid Pearls

Oddesigns made a fun and punchy balloon card that also uses a white pen perfectly



My gallery time was pretty limited this week, but I was still able to find these nine beauties, which means I missed A LOT! So I can't wait to see what you share, too.

Happy Palm Sunday, everyone!


Clear and Simple 04-17-2011 02:21 PM

Omg - thank you! Your comments were so sweet on my fabric card. I really appreciate you thinking of my card for your favs this week!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa lara (Post 18215366)
AWWWWWWW.....THANK YOU MARIE aka momof5sons for mentioning my bib card. Made my day. THANK YOU.

HERE'S MY TOP TEN FAVES THIS WEEK

n5stamper
SeattleStamper
MaryDawn
smriti
Cook22
Clear and Simple
kittie747
bfinlay
Brat Cards
resqbarbie


BarbieP 04-17-2011 02:47 PM

Oh, Marie, thank you so much for mentioning one of my cards. I really feel honored among so many deserving FAVS.

hskelly 04-17-2011 03:15 PM

Marie thank you so much for mentioning my Easter Eggs card - made my day! And Karen thank you so much for letting me know!

HeartHugsDesigns 04-17-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51 (Post 18215933)
Here's some of my CAS faves from this week...

darleenstamps
jacynthe
HeartHugsDesigns
BethAnne61
icinganne
Laura ODonnell
MacKenzie
ctobas77

Loved the gallery this week! Thanks to all!

Thank you SOOOOO much for mentioning my Japan card!! :D

BethAnne61 04-17-2011 05:03 PM

fionna51 ... Thank you so much for mentioning my CAS Live Simply card as one of your favorites this week!!

kthaman 04-17-2011 05:21 PM

TrishG, thank you so much for mentioning my card!

jacynthe 04-17-2011 05:30 PM

Thanks for mentioning my watercoloured card! The whole CAS gallery is my favourite!!!

mtgchic 04-17-2011 05:52 PM

Marie (momof5sons), thanks for mentioning my "You Did It" card! It was a special card to make and I'm so glad you took the time to list it! What a perfect way to end the weekend!

Brat Cards 04-17-2011 06:32 PM

Hey Lisa Lara! I've been gone from my computer this week-end. What a nice surprise tonight to see you mentioned my card. Thank you so much!
How nice to be included with you and these other wonderful stampers!

smriti 04-17-2011 06:48 PM

Thank you so much Lisa for mentioning my card!!! I feel so honored!!!

Barbara Jay 04-17-2011 09:43 PM

This card just blew me away!!. It is so creative and unique . The wire represents an EKG

CAS115 ECG by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

limedoodle 04-17-2011 11:30 PM

thanks Trish for mentioning my card and gift card holder and also thanks to Karen for letting me know.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:38 AM.