Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cards for Cancer Get-Together

I thought you might be interested in this wonderful outreach program and having a get-together of your own. The organization is Cards for Cancer and was started by SCS member Marcia Larsen (marcial) to brighten the day of cancer patients. I know from my mom's own cancer experience how cards from friends or family could lift her spirits. If you need a card or would like to donate cards, please visit Marcia's site at www.cardsforcancer.org

I was able to get a group of my coworkers together over our lunch hour and make 160 Cards for Cancer. Think about having your own get-together--it was fun!

I had mostly new stampers and time was limited, so I kept it simple. My biggest challenge was having enough pink and black ink pads and markers for each project. I actually ended up making a speadsheet to organize myself.

There were:
10 card designs
20 stampers working in teams of 2
16 cards per team

If you would like to have a similar get-together, please feel free to use or adapt my cards (or spreadsheet ). They are in my gallery or you can search on keywords: cards for cancer. I happened to do this at work, but it could be a fun get-together with friends/stampers at your house on a Friday night or Sunday afternoon. If you had some experienced stampers, you could even have each stamper design a card and bring supplies for everyone, kind of like a shoebox swap.

Almost everyone's life has been touched by cancer, and this was a meaningful and pleasant way to pass the lunch hour.

To read Marcia's story and to request or donate cards, visit Marcia's site: www.cardsforcancer.org

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes