Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Aqua Painters (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/aqua-painters-t6520.html)

Dawson 08-18-2004 07:36 AM

Aqua Painters

Can someone explain to me what are or is Aqua Painters?

Looks like its a blending technique......do I need something special?
Thanks
Dawson

Happy Heart 08-18-2004 07:49 AM

It's a brush with a hollow handle that can be filled with water, bleach, or Future floor finish. It's a great tool that you can now buy through SU! or at your local craft store. Michaels has them in the art section with all the other brushes. :wink:

Dawson 08-18-2004 08:16 AM

Aqua Painters

Thanks Happy Heart.......I have 3 of them. One for each, water, bleach, and floor wax. I didnt know they were Aqua Painters......I always known them as water pens. Thats what happens when they change names on you :oops:

Kookie 08-18-2004 09:21 AM

This may be a goofy question but I am confused... Why do you put floor wax in one? Do you use it for a special tech. Never heard of it.....

Happy Heart 08-18-2004 09:59 AM

The Future is used with Pearl Ex powders. You dip just the tip of it in the powder and paint your image with it. It's self-sealing that way, so it doesn't rub off. I love the ease and look of it! :D

Blazer3 08-18-2004 10:27 AM

I read somewhere that a particular paper works best with aquabrushes, now can't find it. Was it the naturals or confetti?

Janet

Kookie 08-18-2004 03:03 PM

I see :wink: Thanks for the tip. There are so many things you can do with everyday supplies that it is hard to keep track of them all.

aubrey27 08-19-2004 09:34 AM

what paper to use w/ aqua painters

the only paper that really isn't GREAT with the aquapainters is the UltraSmooth line. Those are the US White and Vanilla. For some reason, the smooth finish they put on it breaks down a bit faster when that much liquid is applied. So you'd be safe with any of the normal 48 colors, naturals, and confettis. I've not tried it with the metallics, but I'd imagine it would be fine on those too. They are a bit heavier and I think that makes a big difference!

bcole 08-19-2004 09:46 AM

:D Everyone, thanks for the tip of using the aqua brushes with the other mediums. Now I'm going to have to order some more!

Blazer3 08-19-2004 10:55 AM

Yes, thanks everyone. Gotta get me some Naturals and Confetti. :D

Janet

jbalcer 08-19-2004 11:03 AM

Oooh don't forget the Shimmery white! That is just FABULOUS when watercolored on!

Soozie4Him 08-19-2004 11:10 AM

I'm glad they work with the Naturals, because I have the Naturals, but not the Confetti yet!!

Susan

ddmac58 08-19-2004 11:20 AM

Aqua Painters

Do you have to do anything special to keep the floor wax from clogging or thickening in the Aqua Painters?

sjb 08-19-2004 11:40 AM

I need the remedial 'aqua painter' class. When I use mine, the ink tends to 'bleed' everywhere. It made a wet smeary mess. I was using it on US White. I guess that could be my trouble.

Kookie 08-19-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
Oooh don't forget the Shimmery white! That is just FABULOUS when watercolored on!

:?: I have seen this paper listed in the catalog and wondered what it is.... Is it like the glossy with a shimmer or more like the ultrasmooth white finish :?: Sounds like something new to try!

Happy Heart 08-19-2004 12:17 PM

Sharon,
You're probably using too much pressure. It tales a very light touch with just the tip of the brush, and you don't have to squeeze, the liquid flows out by itself. :)

Stolynn 08-19-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Heart
The Future is used with Pearl Ex powders. You dip just the tip of it in the powder and paint your image with it. It's self-sealing that way, so it doesn't rub off. I love the ease and look of it! :D

I'll be heading out to buy another for just this purpose!!! Does the brush tip get stiff with the floor polish????

aubrey27 08-20-2004 08:11 AM

Shimmery White paper

is beautiful. I have to admit though, when you do the pearl ex hairspray mix, it is a similar result, but it's much simpler to just buy the paper. It won't have the smell or warping that hairsprayed paper does.

The paper is not glossy though. It is VERY similar to the metallics. It's a heavy cardstock that has a bit of sheen through out all of it. Definately worth the purchase at least once!!

lindseyhol 08-21-2004 02:51 PM

I'm dying to get my aquapainters... but they are still backordered! I hadn't heard about the floor wax with pearl-ex before. I love all the great ideas!!

durhamzoo 09-01-2004 09:32 AM

Me too, me too! Just love these hints & tips. I keep a notepad handy just so I can jot down everything I need to buy! :lol:

Kristenkanderson 09-01-2004 09:45 AM

Speaking of aquapainters, has anyone heard how much longer they will be backordered? I ordered mine July 29, and still haven't received them. I know they started shipping out August 16, but things sure seem slow. I've had customers ask about them, and I no longer know what to tell them.