Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   1 more question about unmounted (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/1-more-question-about-unmounted-t318228.html)

JulieJJ 01-24-2008 04:34 AM

1 more question about unmounted

I promise :)

If you use the magentic photo pages do you leave the plastic on the page and put your stamps on that or take it off?

theRedHead 01-24-2008 04:50 AM

This is how I store mine. I keep my board in 6 x 9 envelopes with the images of what's in it stamped on the envelope. I digress, you leave the plastic sheet on the board, if you mounted your stamps on a cling mount. They stick fine and do not fall off.

Rosiebudstamp 01-24-2008 04:56 AM

i store mine in cd cases....I thought better than the magnetic that your using. and they stack better
have fun! this is what I did with all my Angel Company stamps and have changed over several Stampin Up ones

JulieJJ 01-24-2008 05:10 AM

Thank you! I've been saving the last new set I bought to try unmounted.

scrapcat71 01-24-2008 05:59 AM

I store my converted SU to EZ mount stamps and TAC stamps in cd cases. There was a post on here not too long ago and I got an email warning something about storing your ez mount stamps on transparencies?

It supposedly can destroy the cling side? I guess it has something to do with chemicals in the transparencies. I just figured it was too hard to find something that might not destroy them so plain old plastic it is.

blake7302 01-24-2008 03:19 PM

does anyone know if it harms them to be put on a laminated piece of cardstock??? I read about the transparencies but is that the same as laminated paper.

I wanted to store them on 8 1/2 by 11 pieces of cardstock that have been laminated and then put them in a box and use tabs at the top.
Now, after reading the other post I am worried about this being a good idea or not.
I was trying to avoid having to order the boards that I have seen on line because I can make them as I go and not have to spend a bunch of money.

thanks for answering if you know??

JulieJJ 01-25-2008 03:54 AM

I'm not using ezmount. In a previous post I made I was told I could just use the Ailenes TIOAO on the existing foam on my stamps and that if the foam came off during unmounting I could just place a mouse pad under my CS for cushion.

Blake7302 - I want to do the same as you, put them in a box with tabs. The magnetic photo pages were pretty cheap at the dollar store and sturdy so they would stand up in the file box. I figure if they haven't damaged my pictures all these years the stamps should be ok.

jeanstamping2 01-25-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieJJ (Post 8488129)
I promise :)

If you use the magentic photo pages do you leave the plastic on the page and put your stamps on that or take it off?

Julie I use Old Style CD cases to store all my unmounted Stamp in and on.

This includeds Unmounted Rubber Stamps and Clear Acrylic Stamps.

Since I have a couple of Desk top CD holders This helps me save space.

I really don't know about this Magentic photo page thing.? Do you like it?

Breezy929 01-25-2008 11:13 AM

Soooo excited!!!! I stopped at Staples and bought a big binder, heavy duty page protector sheets, baseball card sheets, business card sheets. I can't wait to get home and start organizing and unmounting!

Julie, I would stamp the images on paper and then place that behind the plastic and then stick the stamp to that.

zeeps 01-25-2008 12:07 PM

Hi,

I've also been investigating my options for storage. I just saw a post on Ellen Hutson's blog that laminate sheets do not pose the same problem as transparencies do. Good news!

Zauna

Breezy929 01-26-2008 08:33 AM

OK, silly question for those of you that use the 3 ring binders. Do you put the stamps on front and back of the pages, or just one side?